Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• There are a couple of the renders or insets that show her without Genevieve, no worries!   Thank you very much, by the way.

Been re-working Sol...again.  I don't know if I'm just having issues, or if I'm being overly stubborn, or just blind.  *shrug*  One thing is for certain- I have to fix her normal maps on her face: her brows sink in, instead of out of her head.  

now, when i put her in different light rigs?  VERY different skin tone and her shine is outta control.  This is why she gets put aside......I just can't figure out what I'm doing that isn't working yet.  Heck, making different gloss settings for different rigs could just put that "issue" aside.  Heck with it.  That's what I'll do.  I need to get on with fixing her base so I can go onto the fun things.

So, same skin settings (all of them) different light rig:

The renders are only 2-3 minutes a piece, so pardon their roughness, but in testing mode. ;)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I've decided that we get pickier about things as we get better at them. At least for me lately! Renders are actually taking me longer now than they did before because I see the mistakes and want to fix everything. I think that's probably the case here too. She looks good, but you're seeing things we can't, since you've been looking at her way longer.

• Thanks- I'm trying...but feeling like this is not condusive to making -any- decisions...  lol  SIck.  Again.  We both are.  I wore a mask to work, and STILL got something.  So tired of this.

ANYwho-home today.  Worked on frankensteining Evan's skin and after Several work arounds and mistakes, I think I have a good base.  Need to fix seam issues and I forgot to match up the ear to the face/head tone, but he's getting there.  Gonna let a portrait of him render while I take a nap.

The normal and bump maps are amped up on this one to see about seam issues.  Great way to test if there are any-crank'em up!

• Hoo-kay; 5 1/2 hour nap.  Still tired.

Here's the tester render with hair even!  Yes, his nose was broken, hence the non-straight; may see about making a scar there to go with the bend ...hm.  Seam fixing first!

• Sorry to hear you're sick again. I hope the nap helped :) 

He's coming along nicely. I like his nose. 

I like Sol, She's lovely. 

• Thank you.  Working on make up options for the three different brows and no brow options on Sol.  Ladies, if it's off, or I did something wrong, lemme know!  I'm not the one that wears make up on a daily. :) 

• another option- gonna see about softening the gloss on the lipstick area.  It's bothering me. lol

• Looking really good Darwin

• Thanks, Josh!  Making progress at least?  For Evan, his seams have to get finished before I get to the fun stuff like scars, but at least Sol is getting further, finally.

Thank you.  Working on make up options for the three different brows and no brow options on Sol.  Ladies, if it's off, or I did something wrong, lemme know!  I'm not the one that wears make up on a daily. :) 

Special occasions only? LOL

The makeup looks good! Not sure about the green, but maybe it's that the angle the light is hitting her face. Hard to tell. The plums, peaches and rose colors look wonderful on her skin tone.Midnight blue might look good too.

• Back tattoo for Sol: 

• Llynara said:

Thank you.  Working on make up options for the three different brows and no brow options on Sol.  Ladies, if it's off, or I did something wrong, lemme know!  I'm not the one that wears make up on a daily. :) 

Special occasions only? LOL

The makeup looks good! Not sure about the green, but maybe it's that the angle the light is hitting her face. Hard to tell. The plums, peaches and rose colors look wonderful on her skin tone.Midnight blue might look good too.

Ffftt..one time, long ago, Goth.  So, yeah- I did, but not to fit in and look purty.  To out-right freak people out, yes. ;)

LOL you already purty! 

And wow, that back tat is awesome! 

• Heh.  Thank you!  THink I fixed Evan's ear issues- so I'm gonna test that in a render quick.  

• Nice looking fellow even with a broken nose! :)  As for Sol, the makeup looks good.  I have to admit it's probably been at least 10 years since I even put makeup on so I'm in no way an expert on makeup even if I am a girl.  Even back then, I was a bare minimalist type of girl.  Usually just mascara and colored lip balm.  

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I don't wear much more than mascara and a bit of lip gloss (maybe on the lip gloss lol) but I like it on the characters. I actually like the green on her I think its a fun option.  She looks really good and I love the back tat as well. 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303
    edited February 2017

These characters are looking sweet, DM! The beautiful people! The beautiful people! (I think I just aged myself. lol) :D

If you want any help beta testing any of your characters please let me know, it would be an honor for me to help and do some renders and testing. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Not wearing make-up here either. Haven't bothered for almost a year now ,due to having Vertical Double Vision. 

Love the make up options :) 

Ohh that tattoo is awesome, stunning work and fits her.

• Thank you, ladies-I do appreciate it a great deal.  I watched some "how to" videos on contouring and crap like that and hoped I hadn't overdone it.  Guess not? ;)

So. I did Not fix Evan's ear issues.  In fact, unbeknownst to me, my frankensteining had become a severe problem (maybe because I was doing it when I was ill?  dunno). How did I find this out, you ask?  

I did a test idea, and wow..........awful.   So I scrapped his skin and started over, again.  Wanna know what my test idea was?  I'll show ya-

This is with a new skin base, btw.  The old one I won't show, didn't save and good riddance.

Now-back to seam fixing............again.  And tweaking the maps a bit more.  I think I'm going to see about adding more color into the skin base of the dark elf version.  Yes-he's gonna have a "normal" and a "dark" version!

edited February 2017

Oh yes! Please more Drows!!! Love it! (Can't help it, got a thing for them and the white haired fantasy people.)

And if it's any consolation, I learned long ago not to do anything complex when I was exhausted or not feeling well. I often ended up spending more time undoing what I did later. This was especially true for sewing. I loved making costumes for my older kids when they were little. That often meant waiting till they went to bed to work on them. Some nights, that was a bad idea. I ripped out a lot of seams because of my mistakes!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • lol-know the feeling on undoing crap, trust me!

Ok- I think I got the seams fixed, and updated the skin (both sets) a bit.  Will test out how they look.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited February 2017

New Base- 

New base 2:

.......still needs seam work, but I like it so far. :) 

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

I'm always open to testing as well but if you have enough that's cool too. 

I love love love the dark drow.  I think he is going to look fantastic. The white eyebrows look really good so far.  Great pores on his skin as well.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

New Base- 

New base 2:

.......still needs seam work, but I like it so far. :) 

Looking good! The nose tip is a bit rough, but the rest is looking really good! You do such a great job on textures - awesome work! 

• Thank you!

Yes, that nose tip is a bit rough, I don't know if I can ease that out a bit on the bump/normal side of things or if I'll have to try and paint over it completely and re-make the bump/normals.  

SO- on the topic of beta testers!

I've done this twice before, but I think it's a good way to go about it.  I'm going to surprise one of my followers here per product and ask if they would like to test out a character for me (run them through the ringer, report bend issues, bad path call outs (like missing textures or morphs), that sort of thing) before I submit them to PASS for Daz. It worked out so well with Mari and Iain, and it was enjoyable working with Novica and Llynara so much that I'd like to keep this going.  Anyone that wants on the list, post here and I'll put together an excel sheet here and keep tabs.  Once the list is exhausted, I'll start over! (there are lots of characters waiting to be made!)

Let me know. :)  

•  

SO- on the topic of beta testers!

I've done this twice before, but I think it's a good way to go about it.  I'm going to surprise one of my followers here per product and ask if they would like to test out a character for me (run them through the ringer, report bend issues, bad path call outs (like missing textures or morphs), that sort of thing) before I submit them to PASS for Daz. It worked out so well with Mari and Iain, and it was enjoyable working with Novica and Llynara so much that I'd like to keep this going.  Anyone that wants on the list, post here and I'll put together an excel sheet here and keep tabs.  Once the list is exhausted, I'll start over! (there are lots of characters waiting to be made!)

Let me know. :)  

I'd love to beta test for you. Love your products and own most of them :)

Trish

Most definitely put me on the list please. 

• Yes please. I would love to be on the list of testers :) 

• Thank you- will do!

This discussion has been closed.