Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• Would love to be put on the list. :)

• Got it!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667
    edited February 2017

Thank you!

Yes, that nose tip is a bit rough, I don't know if I can ease that out a bit on the bump/normal side of things or if I'll have to try and paint over it completely and re-make the bump/normals.  

SO- on the topic of beta testers!

I've done this twice before, but I think it's a good way to go about it.  I'm going to surprise one of my followers here per product and ask if they would like to test out a character for me (run them through the ringer, report bend issues, bad path call outs (like missing textures or morphs), that sort of thing) before I submit them to PASS for Daz. It worked out so well with Mari and Iain, and it was enjoyable working with Novica and Llynara so much that I'd like to keep this going.  Anyone that wants on the list, post here and I'll put together an excel sheet here and keep tabs.  Once the list is exhausted, I'll start over! (there are lots of characters waiting to be made!)

Let me know. :)  

Most definately, put me on that list as well smiles!!

Edited to Add: Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz n ty

Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • lol- added. ;)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

It was tons of fun! You know I'm always happy to help out. 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

Thank you!

Yes, that nose tip is a bit rough, I don't know if I can ease that out a bit on the bump/normal side of things or if I'll have to try and paint over it completely and re-make the bump/normals.  

SO- on the topic of beta testers!

I've done this twice before, but I think it's a good way to go about it.  I'm going to surprise one of my followers here per product and ask if they would like to test out a character for me (run them through the ringer, report bend issues, bad path call outs (like missing textures or morphs), that sort of thing) before I submit them to PASS for Daz. It worked out so well with Mari and Iain, and it was enjoyable working with Novica and Llynara so much that I'd like to keep this going.  Anyone that wants on the list, post here and I'll put together an excel sheet here and keep tabs.  Once the list is exhausted, I'll start over! (there are lots of characters waiting to be made!)

Let me know. :)  

Count me in. :) I'd be happy to be on the list and help test out some characters! 

• Got ya on there!  Thank you!

• Here's a teaser of something to come...

LIE Make Up set for Genesis 3 Male.

• Hmm, looks a lot like your avatar!  Kind of sexy how he's rocking that makeup.  :)

• Thank you. Didn't wanna get that close, but hey- it kinda happened.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited February 2017

First test render - Damen in both of his skins with the liquid make up option.  No postwork and the only thing I added was Anagennesis.  I didn't know if Anagennesis is supposed to affect LIE but it looks like it applied the settings I chose to the make up layer as well.

Both have the Anagennesis applied but the fey Damen has it applied after the make up and the normal Damen before I added the make up.  It does make a little bit of difference, applying the Anagennesis with the make up already applieshas erased tiny bits of the make up.  Its super subtle but around the bottom of the chin you can see its just a hair different.  And the one on fey Damen has a bit less shine, but that is do to the settings I used in Anagenessis I tend to go for low shine. 

Brothers Liquid Make Up Test.png
    2400 x 1920 - 8M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • Very cool.  Glad it worked, since I thought I'd add in settings for the Anagennesis as a secondary option-just hadn't yet.  Wasn't sure if I should. 

I use Anagenessis on almost everything anymore as well as a couple others.  The next one I currently have cooking has three of the options layered on but no Anagennesis.  I love the fact that I can layer these, its going to make it very useful.  Its also less of a hey this is a test render look and more of a proper dramatic render lol.

• Hm.  Maybe it would behoove me to add a set for the Anagenessis shader system as well.  May take another day or so, but in the end it might just be worth it.

• Yeah- I thought the layering idea would bring more versitility as well instead of simple "one layer one look".  The render I posted has the face paint, two eyeliners and one lip set combo'd.

That would certainly be an added bonus, I know a lot of people have bought it and use it regularly.  Heck I use the freebie script for the dinos and other creatures as well.

• That would put the submission back a day or so, but in the end could be worth it.  Great idea. :)

I was pretty excited about the layering lol.  It basically expands the set enormously.  I would make sure the Daz people mention that in there little blurb when it comes out.  I think there are a lot of people, especially newbies who don't know you can do layers with LIE.  I didn't know for the first six or seven months lol.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Ooh, glad to see you doing this one! 

edited February 2017

Thanks Llynara!  I realized today I have shadowkin already lol.  I think I am going to try these out on him as well.

But for now here is Dash with three of the options -One make up, one eye liner and one lips.  This looks really good on the darker skin, its a bit more subtle but I think it works beautifully. This is a more dramatic render, although still no postwork at all.  I think that will have to be all for tonight since I have to work in the morning but I will do some more when I get home tomorrow.

Dash Blue Eyes.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • very nice!  I hadn't tested it on dark skin yet.  Great idea. 

very nice!  I hadn't tested it on dark skin yet.  Great idea. 

Works beautifully. A bit more subtle as it blends a bit more but the overall effect is really nice.

I have another, same as above but with full light so you can see what it looks like in a less dramatic setting. Won't be done until tomorrow though so will post it when I get back from work.

Thanks Llynara!  I realized today I have shadowkin already lol.  I think I am going to try these out on him as well.

But for now here is Dash with three of the options -One make up, one eye liner and one lips.  This looks really good on the darker skin, its a bit more subtle but I think it works beautifully. This is a more dramatic render, although still no postwork at all.  I think that will have to be all for tonight since I have to work in the morning but I will do some more when I get home tomorrow.

Whoa! That looks so cool! How did you get the eyes to do that?

First test render - Damen in both of his skins with the liquid make up option.  No postwork and the only thing I added was Anagennesis.  I didn't know if Anagennesis is supposed to affect LIE but it looks like it applied the settings I chose to the make up layer as well.

Both have the Anagennesis applied but the fey Damen has it applied after the make up and the normal Damen before I added the make up.  It does make a little bit of difference, applying the Anagennesis with the make up already applieshas erased tiny bits of the make up.  Its super subtle but around the bottom of the chin you can see its just a hair different.  And the one on fey Damen has a bit less shine, but that is do to the settings I used in Anagenessis I tend to go for low shine. 

*Swoon* I didn't really have much interest in this character until I saw this render. But it's now on my wish list and I'm hoping to score it sooner rather than later. He's gorgeous!

I totally heard Duran Duran's Wild Boys start playing in my head when I saw this render. lol

Here's a teaser of something to come...

LIE Make Up set for Genesis 3 Male.

The Crow?! AWESOME! I'm looking forward to this. Could you do a "Joker" inspired one too (ala Heath Ledger)? :)

• Ohh LIE make up for males. Very cool and it looks great.

Love your renders Sonja :) 

• Thank you!  "Joker" inspired featuring my Damen as requested:

• Here is another combo-Dmitri is sporting this look. 

• So, I was given the ok to add settings for the Anagenessis shaders. XD Guess those are in!  Soon as the promos for the first set are finished I'll be setting those up and adding those promos. lol

This discussion has been closed.