Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I have to say I agree with KM.  I kind of like the eyebrows and if he is older then yes, more work on the jawline lol.  It will be nice to have a somewhat older male.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I also agree with KM.

That jawline does need a make-over!!!

It is refreshing to see the older charactors being created.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

My two cents: Don't scrap him! He's an adorable slightly villaneous guy. I bet he's got a use (I know I could put him to good use!) I like him! If I slapped some crackled face paint on him, he could be Magnus, my dark Super that I'm writing about in my next Black Kat book. He's really close.

Ok, now I've got to go back to rendering a demonic lounge singer named "Hell-vis." LMAO

• Oh, I won't scrap the morphs, just condense them a bit and lean out his body a bit.  The skin-scrapped and re-started.  Thicker brows as well, but I think they're too high, or something.

edited February 2017

Aww, he just gets cuter, Darwin! The bushier brows have a lot of character. He's kind of got a Matthew McConnaghey thing going on there. Not bad at all! 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • lol-thanks!  I lowered the brows a bit and changed up the lighting.  I'll post that, and the second brow option as well as soon as they're done. ;)

• Brow 2

Brow 3

Noticed, too, that there is some severe pixelation on the skin in areas..........hopefully I can work that out.  *sigh*

edited February 2017

It's amazing how different he looks with the different eyebrows (heavy and lighter.) They really do change the emphasis in the face a lot. I likey!

• I really like the first one that you thought was too high and the last one.  Not really crazy about the middle one.  I love that you give multiple options, though.  

One of my favorite things, and there were many things I liked, about Sol was that she has a no brow option.  I just picked up some fiber hair brows last year.  I'm going to have to try out the female brows soon.  I've already tried out the male brows on William when he I first got him back in October and they looked pretty good.  Unfortunately, I don't think I've picked up any girls with a no brow option until I got my hands on Sol.  So, she's on my To Do list to try out the brows soon.

• Thank you both.  He'll have a no brow option as well, as all of my peeps do. ;) 

Brow 1-a little lower

• just worked on the base skin texture for seams and evening out that pixelation on his shoulders, back, and sides.  Will post the no brow after the work done; no touch ups on the bump/normals yet

• no brow-different lighting again.  

edited February 2017

Thank you both.  He'll have a no brow option as well, as all of my peeps do. ;) 

Brow 1-a little lower

Oh, wow, that looks very good! The brow seems to hug his brow bone better and looks more natural. What a difference that makes!

• He looks really good and I like brow 1 a lot. Fits him very well

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,869

The no brow option looks so odd, comparatively. Reminds me of the first time I saw someone with alopecia universalis, back when I was in college. I kept trying to stare unobtrusively at him to try to figure out what it was that was so different, apart from him being clearly completely bald -- not shaved head, but no follicles in sight -- at the ripe old age of 20. I'm afraid I was thoroughly rude about staring at him, poor guy.

By the by, apropos of nothing, is there any chance you might make a brother for Sol with the same general skin tone? I know I can always just do a map transfer if needed, but I'm really curious to see what you could do with it!

• Yeah, I'm partial to 1 as well- thank you!

I know what you mean, vwrangler!  I have never met a person with that affliction myself, but the lack of brow is definitely something that catches people's attention first thing.  I had mine shaved off for a while and it always startled me first thing in the morning with that first glance in the mirror.  lol

Not sure, actually.  It may be something in the pipeline, for the future for a brother for her.  I've dabbled with the idea, it's more now if I can finagle the idea into reality?  Don't worry, if I can come up with something at least you'll see it here!  :D 

• Gonna do a simple scene with him and see how he looks in different HDRI and lighting set up.  He'll be clothed-mostly.  New body morph as well-better suited to a warrior, but an elven one.  Not so thick as my s/o wanted. lol

• I do like the improvements in brow 1.  It does seem to hug the shape of the bones there much better.  A brother for Sol would be fantastic!  

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited March 2017

Here he is:  (Gallery link! http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/313136/)

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
    edited March 2017

He looks wonderful, Darwin! Great job! 

PS. Can I adopt him? He's just too gosh darned cute!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Oh, he looks great!  I like him.  He has such an interesting face!

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Wow he turned out great. He reminds me of someone but I can't seem to put a name on who it is.

Thank you!  As for adopting him......he's rather old world cranky...He may not look like it, but elven years he's close to 450 or so in my s/o's story.  Third in command of an army.  Deadly, and a quiet guy with a well hidden sense of humor.  People see him as cranky. lol

...oh, and Damen's One (think soul mate-there is one that completes you, but there are "others" that are like layers that fill gaps that still remain.  One soul, shattered into half, and then pieces......or that's how it was explained to me. lol)

edited March 2017

LOL. I have an elf-like character in my Black Kat series (as well as others) who is 2000 years old before he finally finds his soulmate. (I am thinking of using Damen in the renders.) His name is Lorcan, and has been with me since I was a kid.

Yes, I have literally lived with some of my characters forever! It feels good to finally get around to writing and rendering them. So much time to make up for.

LOL ditto- Mikhail has been with me since my teens.  Won't make him for public use, though.  He's mine.  (you should! Mr. Mishief would probably enjoy that. lol)

edited March 2017

This is a full view of the tester I had ran checking the under jaw/neck area, as well as the arm seams. Did add an underlayer of veins on the texture as well.  Went through the seams in the diffuse, bump, and normal maps and touched up and removed a lot of the heavy pixelation I found on the head, torso, arms and legs so far. Also got rid of the sparse and heavy pixelated facial hairs that had him look like he couldn't grow a proper beard.  Haven't touched his nails yet-so those are still as they were when they were uploaded.  I'll even title it Skyward

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on

Quick and dirty profile render (checking seams in different lighting-next step, default scene/settings)

Looking good! And look who was featured in the Gothic Art category over at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/gallery-of-the-week-for-feb-27-2017---gothic-genre-cms-18956

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

He's looking really good!  I know the pose was to check out seams, but there is some appeal to that pose!  :)

Llynara said:

Looking good! And look who was featured in the Gothic Art category over at Rendo: https://www.renderosity.com/gallery-of-the-week-for-feb-27-2017---gothic-genre-cms-18956

Congrats!  That is a great image!  :)

This discussion has been closed.