Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• I really like her with Monique at 100 % and genevieve at 50 is nice too. 

Kaleya makes her look somewhat chubby and I kinda like her mixed 50% Genevieve and Monique too. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,869

Here they are:

Thank you! That's really useful! (Also, if Daz allows it, this would probably be a great addition to the promo renders.)

• You're very welcome!  As for adding something like that, not sure.  I'll have to reach out and find out.  Good idea. :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

I though the lighting examples that Saiyaness showed on her latest release really helped. I find it challenging to light the darker skinned characters and really liked seeing examples of how the character looked under different light sets. 

• Here's another render with Sol.  This one has the orange makeup choice.  There are a couple of minor things that I might fix and render again later, but not bad for a quick render.  Quick is a relative term when you are talking CPU render only modes.  ;)  I used the BOSS Lights for this.  No postwork.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited February 2017

Very cute!  If you want a better reflection with the eyes, may I suggest using a light box in front of her but behind the camera?  It may not only bring out more detail in the skin and outfit, but give a bit more of a gleam in her eyes.

I did this one two days ago- it took about five hours to render with the combination of the lighting that came with the set and additional lights I placed in the scene to bounce off of their faces and eyes.  I named it "Double Trouble"....I can imagine the convo going like this as the "photo" was taken:

"I told you that you could have anything else on the table but that."

".........that really hurt, woman."

"Like I said."

"How was I supposed to know you were that obsessive over chocolate??"

"Now you know."

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • Very cute!  If you want a better reflection with the eyes, may I suggest using a light box in front of her but behind the camera?  It may not only bring out more detail in the skin and outfit, but give a bit more of a gleam in her eyes.

I did this one two days ago- it took about five hours to render with the combination of the lighting that came with the set and additional lights I placed in the scene to bounce off of their faces and eyes.  I named it "Double Trouble"....I can imagine the convo going like this as the "photo" was taken:

"I told you that you could have anything else on the table but that."

".........that really hurt, woman."

"Like I said."

"How was I supposed to know you were that obsessive over chocolate??"

"Now you know."

Yeah, that render is a combo of trying to set things up real quick and still learning how to use those lights.  I like how easy they are to setup but I haven't learned what I need to do to tweak them yet to get the looks that I want.  I need to play with them a little more.  Getting the light to reflect in the eyes is still one of those things I struggle with at times.  Sometimes I get it, mostly by accident, and sometimes, most times, I miss the mark.  I think I had some on my first test render, but then I totally changed her pose and the direction she was facing and then didn't adjust any of the lighting after the fact! 

I love your photo shoot!  Very cute.  Love the conversation you imagined, too.  I can totally see that!  I am in love with her outfit!  What outfit is that?  I must have missed it somehow.  Is that here or somewhere else?

• Yeah, I struggled with it at times as well.  I learned, though, that if you can't get it sometimes if you parent a light to the camera and change the viewpoint to that light, you can angle it at times where you want it.

The outfit is super-bodysuit-for-genesis-3-female-s with bad-girls-textures-for-genesis-3-female-s-super-bodysuit 

• I hadn't heard that tip before.  Thanks.  I'll have to try that out.

As for the Super Bodysuit, I have that on my wishlist but I haven't gotten it yet.  I remember that package coming out, but didn't really pay much attention since I didn't have the bodysuit yet.  I'm definitely going to have to move that up in priority on the wishlist! :)

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

Ya know I think she would make an amazing super hero or warrior woman (Maybe with Strangegates Warrior outfit) KM.

• Ya know I think she would make an amazing super hero or warrior woman (Maybe with Strangegates Warrior outfit) KM.

Hmm, I'll have to set that up.  :)

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited February 2017

LOL @ the chocolate remark! Men should know not to stand between a woman and her chocolate!

PS. She's rocking that bodysuit, despite eating chocolate. Jealous!

Post edited by Llynara on
  • @Saphirewild  As requested, Solange in Kadis - Ancient Legendary Armor!  I hope you approve.  It's called Slaying The Dragon.

• She looks really great in that armor. Great action scene.

• She looks really great in that armor. Great action scene.

Thanks, Ferretmania.  I think I'm getting better at action scenes.  The easy part is thinking them up.  I still have trouble with execution and setting them up at times so they match what's in my head.  Sometimes, everything seems to come together really well.  :)

• Same setup, but a different camera angle for a closeup of Sol in warrior mode.

Absolutely Stunning she is as a warrior omgggg!!!!!!

See told ya she was a Warrior and this proves it!!!!

I just have to comment again KM you do such stunning renders!!!!

That close up is breath takingly beautiful!!!

• Thanks, @Saphirewild.  I have to admit she does look like a fierce warrior.  :)

• I love them.  Both of them.  Seriously.  

• I love them.  Both of them.  Seriously.  

Thank you.  I'm very glad you like them.  :)

• Here's another Sol render.  This is a postworked version with a Levels adjustment just around her head to brighten it up just a tad.  I have the original without postwork on my thread.  I think her face is in the shadows a little too much in the original.  I like how it turned out for the most part, but I have a hard time lighting night scenes.  I either get them too dark or too bright.  I'm also not sure why her lip looks a little bit bruised, but it does kind of go with the theme.  It's probably an errant shadow cause there is absolutely nothing wrong with her lipstick.  I called this Sol On The Streets cause I think she's working the wrong part of town.  ;)

• Great color contrast to her skin with that outfit, and the overhead lighting (like a street lamp) is great.  Well done!  I like!

• Great color contrast to her skin with that outfit, and the overhead lighting (like a street lamp) is great.  Well done!  I like!

Thanks.  Yeah, I was trying to kind of fake it with the street light as there wasn't one on that set.  I think it worked well.  I'm fairly happy with it.  Nighttime scenes are just hard!

Well I think she should not be wondering around that side of streets, she might get herself hurt.

Absolutely stuning render KM!!!

Makes me excited to see her come out now!!!

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited February 2017

Added a bit of postwork!

...just a bit, really.  Excellent render to begin with. *edit; Thank you for finding the typo!

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • I'm so glad you liked it.  I have to admit it that while it is one of my better renders, I almost didn't post it.  I was playing with camera angles after I had made the larger scene render and I really liked this closeup.  I was just going to render it for me.  I actually even did a little more work on her expression in this version because the close up it needed just a little more fierceness to it.  I wasn't sure if anyone else would like it or not.  However, since I was testing Sol out for you and I was posting all of the other renders of her, I figured I'd better post this one, too.  Now, I'm glad I did.  :)

• I'm very glad you did as well!  I love the expression and POV a great deal.  Well done!

• So.  Back to Evan's base skin.  Seeing this with fresh eyes, there is a lot I don't like.  The brows, while I like the shape, are too ...diabolical. Will need to be fixed.  The jawline-too smooth for the age I made him (mid-thirties, sorta), so that will have to be redone.  Everything about the body, loathe.  So, I will be scrapping everything and starting over.  Need to condense the morphs as well into human/elf instead of bits and pieces like I have it now, and make sure there are no cross-over morphs from body/head and vice versa (which I'll do first).  All in all, with this lighting, there are good and bad points.  Like the lighting, though. lol  I stopped the render at 45% since I just couldn't stand it.

• Don't you just hate when you have to scrap all that hard work and start over?  I actually kind of like his eyebrows, but I mostly agreed with the bit you said about the jawline.  Needs some work if he is an older character.  And, we need slightly older characters!  I'm so glad you're working on someone who isn't quite so young.  :)

This discussion has been closed.