Darwins' Schtuff

Comments

• I got my file and I'm going to play today. Gonna have fun with this!  :)

• Looking forward to seeing what shows up in the thread for these.  XD

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2018

Okay, I'm heading out for the evening, chauffeur duty calls for the karate ninjas. Here's my first one test render. No postwork yet. Just straight out of DS. As much as I hate not rendering one of DM's guys, I thought I should render someone unrelated. So, here's one of my other favorite men, Dylan HD. I'll probably render again because I might change the pants and I don't like that the light in the corner is visible. I am impressed with the stunning tattoos though. Nice work, DM! :)

edit: updated image link info

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,666

Okay, I'm heading out for the evening, chauffeur duty calls for the karate ninjas. Here's my first one test render. No postwork yet. Just straight out of DS. As much as I hate not rendering one of DM's guys, I thought I should render someone unrelated. So, here's one of my other favorite men, Dylan HD. I'll probably render again because I might change the pants and I don't like that the light in the corner is visible. I am impressed with the stunning tattoos though. Nice work, DM! :)

I agree with you KM I think he does need to have a change in pants!!! But other than that he is droolable!! Nice work with the Tattoos

• Stormlyght- this is your pick!

The brunette is V7 and the one in Pink is V8.

It's a quick and dirty render, but it gives you the idea!

Both packs are for Genesis 3 and Genesis 8- just remember if you use Daz models for Genesis 3, switch the UVs to the General UV map or there may be seams in some of the tattoos.

Thank you both!

Looking forward to testing! 

Trish

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I know I am repeating myself but I truly love you tattoos.  Just gorgeous!

• So, a little tiny bit of postwork. It's amazing what small changes can make in an image. I think it's a little better now. The pants are closer to what I wanted them to look like and I got rid of the pesky light in the corner. I love these tattoos!

• So, a little tiny bit of postwork. It's amazing what small changes can make in an image. I think it's a little better now. The pants are closer to what I wanted them to look like and I got rid of the pesky light in the corner. I love these tattoos!

Excellent work!

Love the tattoos and the posing and light does a great job of showing them.

• I do like the second version- very well done, KM!

I do like Dylan, just don't have him.  He looks great. 

• Thanks, DM! I like how he turned out. Here's a little tattoo love for George. I wanted to see how they did on a bigger guy. I couldn't detect any kind of stretching or distortions in the texture and they look great even with hair on the forearm.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

edit: updated image link info

That's good. I want to make a tile mosaic of a tree like that but on my livingroom wall.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Wow, now that's one heck of a test with George! LOL

Darwin, the tats are gorgeous as usual. Can never get enough of them for our guys and gals. I am spoiled so badly from all the awesome options you include with your characters. The other ones feel so naked compared to yours!

• Here's another test render of DM's amazing tattoos. 

• I LOVE GEORGE-that's so cool, and the other guy looks nice with those as well- Thank you, KM!  I'm working on the fixes now, but to show of ChanglingChick's upcoming product, I used Stryker as the model..Love this beard set.

Oh wow, that's cool! 

Just had to share, Giuseppe just keeps popping up in my renders. He's so gorgeous and versatile. I dialed his muscles down a little here to make him look younger. This is a promo for JeffersonAF's "The Creek" (Rendo), trying to serenade Lori into the water. She's considering it. I'll put it on Giuseppe's thread if I can find it. 

"Serenade"

• lol- that's awesome, Llynara, thank you!

You're very welcome! Almost forgot to share this one. It's a promo for Divamakeup's Lori. Apparently Lori liked Giuseppe enough to knight him.

"Knighted"

• Ah, he could be her Lancelot. XD  It's a very nice render, Llynara.  

• I LOVE GEORGE-that's so cool, and the other guy looks nice with those as well- Thank you, KM!  I'm working on the fixes now, but to show of ChanglingChick's upcoming product, I used Stryker as the model..Love this beard set.

Oooh! Love that beard! Your image is awesome, too. Makes my heart go all pitter patter.  :)

• Thank you!  It's three presets of the main beard mixed together for that look.  She's made a heck of a set with loads of morph options.

He reminds me of a certain pirate. Captain Jack, anyone?

• Ha!  I’m sure Captain  Sparrow would argue, but why not?  XD

Soooo.   Soonish you may be seeing some craptastic stuff from me here;  I was able to finally get my grubby paws on Zbrush4R last night.   Tho’ I had to submit a ticket because the installer keeps failing, I’m very excited and will probably be showing unrecognizable blobs and being all sorts of proud I was able to just do that.

XD

You’ve been warned.

• I think we can handle that, DM! Looking forward to seeing your blobs. I've tried playing with Their free software, Sculptris, which is a really watered down version without all of the things that makes zBrush exciting. It ain't easy to create those blobs and turn them into something recognizable. Hmm, maybe I should throw some of my blobs up on my thread so you'll know that your blobs are way better than my blobs. 

Anyway, here's the post worked version of that image I told you I had an idea for that I thought you might like. I'm putting the one straight out of DS on my thread so you can see the difference. I wanted to see how everything looked in an outdoor scene. Unfortunately, my straight render was a little washed out and I wasn't happy with it. I'll have to play with some more settings and see if I can get something a little closer to the post worked version straight out of DS. Or at least closer to how I wanted it to look. Thank goodness for NIK filters! I was able to do with the tone mapping filters what I had wanted to do in DS. This is Gianni 7 and Michael 8.

• I'm sure you'll ace that programme in no time. Until then I look forward to follow your adventure and you're making of odd blobs and such :D 

I think we can handle that, DM! Looking forward to seeing your blobs. I've tried playing with Their free software, Sculptris, which is a really watered down version without all of the things that makes zBrush exciting. It ain't easy to create those blobs and turn them into something recognizable. Hmm, maybe I should throw some of my blobs up on my thread so you'll know that your blobs are way better than my blobs. 

Anyway, here's the post worked version of that image I told you I had an idea for that I thought you might like. I'm putting the one straight out of DS on my thread so you can see the difference. I wanted to see how everything looked in an outdoor scene. Unfortunately, my straight render was a little washed out and I wasn't happy with it. I'll have to play with some more settings and see if I can get something a little closer to the post worked version straight out of DS. Or at least closer to how I wanted it to look. Thank goodness for NIK filters! I was able to do with the tone mapping filters what I had wanted to do in DS. This is Gianni 7 and Michael 8.

Looking good !  Great posing!

• Soooo.   Soonish you may be seeing some craptastic stuff from me here;  I was able to finally get my grubby paws on Zbrush4R last night.   Tho’ I had to submit a ticket because the installer keeps failing, I’m very excited and will probably be showing unrecognizable blobs and being all sorts of proud I was able to just do that.

Wth? You've been doing all this without ZBrush?

• That's an awesome shot, KM-great posing!

and yup, all Hexagon and Sculptris with a few MR morph resources mixed in.  XD Where there's a will, there's a way.

and yup, all Hexagon and Sculptris with a few MR morph resources mixed in.  XD Where there's a will, there's a way.

You'll do fine. Remember the little lady that was in the render with Giovanni? I did her morphs in zBrush.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2018

I'm sure you'll ace that programme in no time. Until then I look forward to follow your adventure and you're making of odd blobs and such :D 

I think we can handle that, DM! Looking forward to seeing your blobs. I've tried playing with Their free software, Sculptris, which is a really watered down version without all of the things that makes zBrush exciting. It ain't easy to create those blobs and turn them into something recognizable. Hmm, maybe I should throw some of my blobs up on my thread so you'll know that your blobs are way better than my blobs. 

Looking good !  Great posing!

Thanks, @Ferretmania. The poses are actually from Z Lover's Delight - Poses for the Genesis 3 Male and Female. Gianni 7 in the green is wearing the straight up male pose with only some slight changes to the head positioning. Michael 8 has the corresponding female pose which I transferred from G3F to G8M and then I made a few changes to his hand positions and made it a little more masculine. It actually would have probably been quicker to do the poses myself but I was trying out a new tool for transferring poses between generations to see how it worked. Turns out it works just great. So, actually, that great posing is really thanks to agent unawares genius. But, I'll take the credit, thankfully. ;)

That's an awesome shot, KM-great posing!

Ah, thanks! As for the posing, I can't take too much credit for that. See above to response to Ferretmania's post. I only made some changes to Michael 8's pose. I like how it worked out though. 

So, if you have already used Sculptris then you should be able to transition to zBrush with no problems! And, here I thought you were a complete newbie with it. I'm positive now that your blobs would be much better than my blobs could ever hope to be! I do have to say that mine got much better when I got a graphic tablet to work with. I figure you probably already have one of those though. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make. And, I'm breathing a sigh of relief that I don't actually have to show my blobs to make you feel better because I'm positive yours will be amazing! :)

Soooo.   Soonish you may be seeing some craptastic stuff from me here;  I was able to finally get my grubby paws on Zbrush4R last night.   Tho’ I had to submit a ticket because the installer keeps failing, I’m very excited and will probably be showing unrecognizable blobs and being all sorts of proud I was able to just do that.

Wth? You've been doing all this without ZBrush?

That's cause he's just rediculously amazing like that!  :)

edit: fixed link

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow, if you were doing it all in Hexagon and Sculptrix, I can't wait to see what you do in Zbrush!

This discussion has been closed.