Show us your 3Delight renders

19495969798100»

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

@mmalbert

Nice and fun renders!! Good job on the spacesuit. And it fits quite well, is it dForce?

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

Thanks! The spacesuit isn't dForce. It fits pretty well although the chest tubes can be a bit of a challenge with some poses.

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

mmalbert said:

And one more, non-wtichy. I used IBL Master on this one, which I keep forgetting I own. It's a redo of an older render I did some time back. I reworked the 3DL materials for one of Yura's space suits for G8F. 

I have a soft spot for that little tin robot freebie from Lab108.

I really like it how the colours match over various scene components.
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

These are fun. I have the IBL master produc ct, but I've never settled down to use it.

Is that an UltraScenery scene in the witchy one?

Well, I do have that obsession with color harmony... blush Changing to the red suit really did make a big difference. I like the result much better than with the white suit I'd originally rendered.

JOdel that's the basic Harpwood Trail Autumnia. I didn't want to use UltraScenery when I only needed a small area to work with.

I'm still trying to get a handle on IBL Master. Aside of the constantly forgetting I have it installed, there's the issue of finding the right hdr maps to use with it and fiddling with the settings. Eventually me and IBL Master will click...

• I've been using IBL Master with the various IBL skies from the old Terradome 2 sets.  Seems to work alright (I'm happy with it, anyway) and they are often on sale very cheap!

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep an eye out for those.

Been doing a couple of personal reading projects. None of these will be posted. Neither project is a full-scale illustrated work. But they each have a frontspiece. 

I'm holding off on posting series illos from fics which have more than 2-3 illos. We're at page 100, and the thread may get closed down and rebooted at any time. I'd rather it not do that while I'm in the middle of a series.

Both re Potterfics. FIrst one is a re-do starting from the end of Chamber of Secrets. This one also has an illo where the story effectively starts its "recovery" phase after gettting rid of Voldemort. The fic other has an endpiece.

So. In this fic, Ron's wand doesn't backfire on Lockhart, and he goes into the chamber leaving the two boys, Obliviated, outside. Ron recovers fairly quickly. Harry's memories seem to be wiped altogether. He spends much of the next several years getting them back, or replacing them with new ones.

The Frontspiece:

Frontspiece.jpg
    798 x 1319 - 108K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited June 2021

I rendered this for the PC+ contest and was trying out a V4.2 Mertail from Most Digital Creations!!

Mermaid Island.jpg
    900 x 720 - 805K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

Good lighting and *excellent* water surface. 

In this particular fanfic they manage to get Voldemort settled about half-way through the story. Then the fic goes into a "recovery" mode, where rather a lot of the inherent problems of the WW and Hogwarts curriculum start being addressed. 

Early in this phase, Snape finds himself at loose ends in Muggle London. He encounters a friend of Harry's who he had met, with Harry, some 2-3 years previously.

London.jpg
    800 x 1329 - 175K
  • sueyasueya Posts: 826

Green Elf at the Riverside

This is from another fic from the same author. This one is telling the backstory of Rowena Ravenclaw. Or, rather, for Hroduwen of Hrabanklawa. 

The Frontspiece.

Hrabankawa.jpg
    796 x 1312 - 171K
    edited June 2021

This fic has an endpiece which connects back to a running joke in a related work about the lack of forks at Hogwarts in the founder's time. They didn't lack forks in Hrabanklawa, and Rowena didn't say a word. 

She and a friend on a visit to her home Duchy.

(ETA: sorry, thought that the image had been attached, but it wasn't)

Endpiece.jpg
    799 x 1314 - 242K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • hacsarthacsart Posts: 2,024
    edited June 2021

an oldie, but still not too bad for 3DL

barbarian_throne_3_wuxga.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by hacsart on

Got a couple more small projects in progress. These are personal reading copies which won't ever be posted on my site, since the author wants to keep tight control of where her work is posted. But the art is mine. 

In this fic, the protagonist spends close to 20 years living in exile, in an old keep in France. This isn't aparticularly action-packed adventure (although) there is a degree of action in it) but I decided to try to do an illo of the scene where things are taking place at the start of that part of the fic. 

I was rather pleased with the layout of this project, so it's the whole "page" rather than just the illo on its own. I turned off the layer with the analog art filter (the oil paint effect) so the detail is sharper in this version.

Ducey-Keep.jpg
    798 x 1275 - 253K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited July 2021

Made this one for the PC+ contest 

Its About The Ole Well She Said.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 878K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Been watching too many "Karen videos on YouTube ,brought back so flashbacks,  so this happened ...

the customer.png
    2000 x 2000 - 5M

And here is the Frontspiece, showing the protagonist. Again, I turned off the layer with the oil paint effect. 

The story starts in the early 1200s, and it starts in Spain, where the protagonist, a nobleman, manages to get himself exiled from the kingdom. 

Frontspiece.jpg
    798 x 1275 - 232K

And later in the story, after the king who exiled him died, he intendds to return home, and the clan of elves who have been living in the keep state that they indend to come with him, since France and the church is becoming ever more unfriendly to magic.

Again, I turned off the oil paint art filter.

Elves.jpg
    797 x 1276 - 233K

Okay this project only had a Frontspiece. Set duering WWII, during the bombing of Nuremburg. 

This time I left the analog art filter in place. 

Frontspiece.jpg
    800 x 1396 - 197K

Here is the frontispiece of another personal reading project. The fic is a WiP and the author's got a lot of other irons in the fire, so I've no idea when it will ever get updated. It's a crossover fic between the Potterverse and the Mummy franchise. Some bits are hilarious.

In any event, Rick and Evvie's grandaughtrer Alex is a Hufflepuff, in the same year as Harry Potter. Both made friends with the large black dog out of the school grounds and took turns feeding him dog-safe biscuits (the asked the Elves). 

That is, until the day the dog turned into Sirius Black. (I left the oil paint filter on.)

Frntspiece.jpg
    797 x 1267 - 204K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2021

...so I haven't been very productive lately due to heat waves and some other things...good to see all of you posting nice stuff in hereyes

At least I got this one made for last month's Render a Month challenge/ paper:)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

Another personal reading project. I'm a bit sorry I can't post this one because I'm rather pleased with it. But nope. Not going to happen. I left the analog art filter on.

This one I pulled an MGM Wizard of Oz schtick with. It opens at #4 Privit Dr in modern day. Most of the fic takes place back at the time of the founding of Hogwarts.

So. Midnight on Harry's 15th birthday in the summer after the triWizard tournament a stranger appears in Harry's room and offers him an escape from the Dursleys.

Privit-Dr.jpg
    797 x 1338 - 265K

The unknown wizard's offer was for an escape from the Dursleys, and proper training -- which Harry is painfully aware he lacks. The catch is that it may be a while before his training is complete.

Harry takes the offer. He can bring his wand, his father's invisibility cloak, and his owl. 

"This may feel a little odd." the stranger says.

"Odd how?" Harry asks, and is aware of nothing more.

He wakes on a spring day near a village named Castleview. 

In the year 990.

Castleview.jpg
    799 x 1276 - 251K
  • Ooh!  100 pages of happy 3DL!  Lovely work, everyone :-)  Summertime is busy time, so less rendering... but I just finished one, so I thought I would share.

Fairydell sm sig.jpg
    1020 x 1360 - 1M
  • Misselthwaite

Looks amazing! 

• Gemini Queen said:

Misselthwaite

Looks amazing! 

Thank you very much!  I ignored the cries of the plants outside to stay in the cool and play... I should feel guiltier, I know! :-D

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Misselthwaite said:

Ooh!  100 pages of happy 3DL!  Lovely work, everyone :-)  Summertime is busy time, so less rendering... but I just finished one, so I thought I would share.

Oh my that is beautiful !! Love it !!

• MisselthwaiteMisselthwaite Posts: 959
    edited August 2021

carrie58 said:

Misselthwaite said:

Ooh!  100 pages of happy 3DL!  Lovely work, everyone :-)  Summertime is busy time, so less rendering... but I just finished one, so I thought I would share.

Oh my that is beautiful !! Love it !!

Thank you :-)  It means a lot when someone else enjoys the results of Daz Madness :-D

----------------

Thread continues here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/514336/show-us-more-of-your-3delight-renders

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.