Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Mustakettu85 said:

Sven Dullah said:

Mustakettu85 said:

I saw the dress cracking open (not as pokethrough, just those typical cracks in old poser-oriented geometry)

Actually I've had that happen with some fairly new stuff made for G2 or G3 just by adding a smoothing modifyer

Daaaaaamn.

laugh

And here I am being grumpy about the fact that waaaaay over 60% of hard-surface models from the DAZ/Poserverse cannot and won't survive catmark subdivision, however much weight you throw at their edges and vertices...

In all fairness, it's not a very common issue with the newish stuff. But poser content is quite a different story. I got inspired by your render yesterday so I loaded some old poser tower environment and converted it to awe. Well let's just say I gave up on it after the first couple of testrenders...

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Sven Dullah said:

But poser content is quite a different story

It's very hit-or-miss. There are ancient props that work perfectly fine with subdivision and have nice UVs. And there's... how do I put it... things to use in the background with heavy DoF and preferably a fog atmosphere.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

I should probably have posted this earlier since it's so simple. A number of the chapters of this project have chapter tail illustrations rather than, or in addition to, full page ones.

The Legilimency experts gurdgingly agree to enable Hermione to accompany them into the Headmaster's mindscape.

Hermione, first had investigated the house at Spinner's end, and discovered in his librwary, a copy of Muggle fairytales which she remembered from her own childhood. SHe understands the significance of the stone room. And the spinning wheel. 

1-Spindle.jpg
    690 x 960 - 69K
    edited April 2021

Link to my latest contribution in Llola Lane's Render a Month challenge 2021: this month's theme: cloth

So why don't you good folks join us? It's never too late to give up jump onboard;)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Lovely picture, Sven - very effective floating effect with the cloth!

Misselthwaite said:

Lovely picture, Sven - very effective floating effect with the cloth!

Thank you:)

Hermione finds herself in a trackless forest on a gloomy, drizzly day. Eventually she makes her way to a crumbling cottage in a clearling.

Upon investigation, the cottage appears to be made of soggy, molding gingerbread.

2-Gingerbread.jpg
    799 x 1392 - 245K

The cottage is just as delapidated and decaying inside. And it is only in the kitchen that Hermione finds things that are not made of mouldering sweets.

Iron cages of a size to hold children, and oven... and a skeleton of something which is not a child.

3-Oven.jpg
    800 x 1362 - 331K
  • This is me procrastinating at all the stuff I really, really have to get done :-)  Inspired by a random vintage sci-fi picture I saw on Instagram.  A little postwork (Ron's Cables, for example).

Temple of Programming sm.jpg
    2250 x 1500 - 3M

Misselthwaite said:

This is me procrastinating at all the stuff I really, really have to get done :-)  Inspired by a random vintage sci-fi picture I saw on Instagram.  A little postwork (Ron's Cables, for example).

I've been studying it while enjoying my morning cuppa...love your attention to details:) Very nice and a bit creepy:)) Well Done!

She grabs a heavy fur-lined cloak hanging on a peg by the kitchen door and flees the house. 

Before long she comes to another cottage in a forest clearing. This one appears to be occupied. There is one last rose on a vine by the door. She is tempted, bit picking roses in a fairytale rarely goes well, so she resists.

4-RoseCottage.jpg
    797 x 1358 - 336K
    edited April 2021

The Cable Gal

The Cable Gal awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    edited April 2021

The Opening Shot

Pooltable pp awe.png
    1300 x 929 - 2M
    edited April 2021

The cottage is indeed occupied. The ocupant is Snape's mother, mourning her errors during the Headmaster's childhood. She draws Hermione out into the frest to show her something. The something turns out to be a situation which calls for a Prince.

There is a Prince. Her name is Eileen.

This puzzle solved, the image of the trapped Headmaster vanishes from the now empty coffin. Eileen gives Hermione the rose, and sends her on her way.

5-Coffin.jpg
    1082 x 1829 - 274K
    Post edited by JOdel on

Before sending Hermione on her way, Eileen cautions her that the "Guardian" is aware of her.

It occures to Hermione that her borrowed cloak makes her a very symbolic target. And it isn't long before Hermione discovers exactly what Guardian Eileen was talking about. 

6-Guardian.jpg
    797 x 1355 - 128K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited April 2021

Titled: Air Taxi

Air Taxi.png
    900 x 720 - 1M
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

After a bit of discussion the wolf Guardian evidently decides that Hermione is not a threat, and they join forces.

7-Travelers.jpg
    799 x 670 - 75K

And of course, this being the kind of place it is, eventually they reach a barrier.

Quite a nasty barrier.

8-Thorns.jpg
    797 x 1365 - 166K

Link to my entry for Llola Lane's Render a month challenge 2021: May/Wood

The wolf is good at leaping. Inside the barrier of thorns is a manor house and garden. A sword in a stone is a prominent element.. The door is not locked. The wolf remains outside.

Hermione crosses a banquet hall filled with sleeping ghosts of people she knows. There is a door to a stairway. She climbes the stair. 

In the tower room, she finds Headmaster Snape. 

He does not remember her. 

The rose restores his memory.

9-Tower.jpg
    797 x 1356 - 136K
    10-Rose1.jpg
    797 x 589 - 36K

This one is a re-post since I think I posted a version with the page border earlier in the thread. That one may have had the analog art filter as well. 

Hermione and Severus descend the stairway into the Hall of Sleeping Ghosts. He explains something of his goals during the war.

11-Ghosts.jpg
    797 x 1360 - 147K

Yet another non-artistic piece...

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Some amazing 3Delight renders so far!!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

Sven Dullah said:

Yet another non-artistic piece...

Lemon drive? Hehe

They have dinner on the terrace. Hermione is unable to convince Severus to leave his stronghold and return to the world.

12-Terrace.jpg
    798 x 1371 - 131K
    13-Rose2.jpg
    799 x 529 - 36K

JOdel said:

They have dinner on the terrace. Hermione is unable to convince Severus to leave his stronghold and return to the world.

Good job on the posing thereyes

Thank you! Hands holding things are always tricky, but i managed to make it work without too much of a fight this time.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

There are some amazing and inspiring renders being done here; great work all!

A recent effort: I occasionally feel nostalgia for black and white (or shades of sepia) photography... Clicking a few buttons on a computer is easier and less smelly than messing about with chemicals though.

Bridget at Brookside

Oh, really nice. Yeah, going greyscale or sepia can produce a really effective image.

Nice one @nattaruk!

This discussion has been closed.