Show us your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Misselthwaite said:

Merry Christmas, 3DL'ers! :-D

That's really spectacular:) How did you do the hair?

• Thank you!  It's Biscuits Crow Hair, and I did nothing drastic to it, actually - it's meant to look like that :-)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254
    edited December 2020

The Professors' trap is sprung. the shade of Tom Riddle abandons QUirrell and plunges into the Mirror of Erised, which contains the Philosopher's Stone. 

He would not be able to find his way out. But then, he wouldn't want to.

"He would live forever—or at least as long as the Mirror lasted—and be young, powerful, and the possessor of the world greatest magical artifact. In that mirror world, he would be the greatest mage alive, a moment of triumph stretching into blissful infinity."

Tom Riddle's Happy Ending.

2011, and 2020.

And that concludes Volume 2.

2011.jpg
    800 x 1269 - 126K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 337K
    Post edited by JOdel on

I' mot sure whether this might have been posted earlier in the thread, but I'm going to repost for continuity's sake.

The cover insets for Volume 3 of 'The Best Revenge: Time of the Basilisk'

2011 and 2020.

Cover.jpg
    800 x 885 - 80K

Professor Quirrell survives the possession by Voldemort. But his magic is permanently damaged, and he is going to be months recovering. He will certainly not be remaining to teach DADA.

Albus calls in a favor from an alumnus under obligation to fill the position for the rest of the year. One Remus J. Lupin.

Snape is not a bit amused.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1331 - 224K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1282 - 169K
  • Happy New Year, everyone!

This was actually supposed to be my last render of 2020, but since after two days it only got to 84%, it became my first render of 2021 instead! ;-P

In the End sm.jpg
    1000 x 1500 - 3M

Misselthwaite said:

Happy New Year, everyone!

This was actually supposed to be my last render of 2020, but since after two days it only got to 84%, it became my first render of 2021 instead! ;-P

I'd say it was well worth the waityes! Happy New Year to you as well, here's to hoping for a better 2021!! We'll see what the future brings;)

I think that's the best image I've ever seen rendered in that throne room set. Beautifully done.

• Thank you, Jodel, Sven!  It was picky to turn the spikes of the throne into new surfaces, but I'm glad I did.  Originally, I was experimenting with a plethora of fog planes to mimic volume effects, I suspect that was what foiled me in the end.  Still, PS can fix a lot of render woes, thank goodness, including an incomplete render.  At least by having it render in circles, my center was pretty clear when I hit cancel.

Misselthwaite said:

Thank you, Jodel, Sven!  It was picky to turn the spikes of the throne into new surfaces, but I'm glad I did.  Originally, I was experimenting with a plethora of fog planes to mimic volume effects, I suspect that was what foiled me in the end. 

If you need to use many transparent layers it might be faster to use a volumetric shader. Or not...smiley

Still, PS can fix a lot of render woes, thank goodness, including an incomplete render.  At least by having it render in circles, my center was pretty clear when I hit cancel.

Yea good strategic thinking, I only know that too well.

...latest...basically just testing and learning how to use wowie's latest awe update...

• The metallics look really good :-)

Among the hidden cache of belated presents and correspondence were several bequests. Most had reverted to the Ministry when unclaimed after three years, but there was one which was recent enough to still be worth investigating. A freehold with a cottage and some land, which had been owned by one Clothilda Fletwock, who had outlived her husband, children, grandchildren, and having no remaining descendants had left the property to The Boy Who Lived.

Snape had contacted the lawyers and as Harry's wizarding proxy guardian, had gone to see the property, to determine whether it would be best to simply sell it, or whether it was habitable.

January was not the best time to see the property at its best, but it was a sound cottage in the country, which would certainly be a better place for a young boy to grow up than in a hidden room at the Dursleys'.

There were also goats.

This is another new illustration with no direct 2011 counterpart.

2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 411K

Some more playing around with lighting. Using a large reflector to create some bouncelight and eye reflections. Still fiddling with size and intensity (and everything elselaugh).

• Oh, that looks really good!

Misselthwaite said:

Oh, that looks really good!

Tks:)

A bit less "dramatic" version...

The problem with Charity, Snape decides, is that she is just too friendly. Worse, she seems to think that because he and she and Lupin were all in Hogwarts at roughly the same time, that they should *all* be friends.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    796 x 1267 - 150K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 142K
    edited January 2021

...just another portrait...(updated due to some changes)

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

On the way back from a visit to Professor Snape Harry walks into a confrontation between Ron Weasley and Ernie McMillian, over Ron's wandering rat and Ernie's Kneazle. The upshot is that Harry accompanies Ron part of the way up to Gryffindor tower.

After they part company someone hexes Harry in the hall. Harry gives chase. He loses the unidentified hexer and ends up in an unused bathroom -- which turns out to be haunted.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1262 - 107K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 69K
  • The new ghost looks wonderful, Jodel :-)  Definitely an improved look!

edited January 2021

Well the ghost is done in post. Rendered seperately, converted to B&W, and then composited in on itys own layer, and screened back. 

The original one was done in-render with the old Poserworks Ghost shader. In DS3.

That shader no longer seems to work. The surface applies, but the things it's applied to are no longer transparent. The last time I used it when it *did* work was maybe back around 2012. I *was* using some version of DS4 at that time. So at least the first update did make the transition to DS4. But it definitely doesn't seem to work *now* and  I really couldn't say just when it did stop working. I suspect it was more than one version of Studio ago.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • That's my fear, and what keeps me from upgrading - I have all sorts of bits and pieces, and I like them to keep working :-)  I could lose functionality on one and not notice right away, but then I'd be peeved when I did go to use it again and it no longer worked.  :-(

Hehe I won't upgrade past 4.9. And I have 4.10 beta for dForcing. Might have to reconsider the beta if they eventually port filament over to Mac;) Will make sure I have the 4.10 backupped though. PW Ghost is still working without issues as far as I know.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    edited January 2021

Just had to post this one because it looks so good in 3Delight!!!

To The Water Eilma and Ella.png
    1024 x 768 - 911K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • Cute elephants!  Seem to walking a little lightly, but they look good doing it :-)

The Wizarding World Explorers has a field trip to the Ministry. And a very informative day was had by all.

Admittedly, there was an unpleasant degree of mobbing the Boy-Who-Lived by both Minister Fudge and the media.
    In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    798 x 1267 - 186K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 134K

All that Dazz (Fly me to the Moon)

Despite Snape's warning, Harry's ability to speak and understand Parseltongue is eventually discovered. It causes a considerable uproar. There is even a general meeting of the Sett regarding the matter. Hufflepuff House ultimately is supportive. But Professor Sprout is concerned. The Parseltongue is certainly an effect of the Horcrux, and the Horcrux is a situation which really needs to be dealt with. For everyone's sake.

Which she makes a point of calling to Snape's attention.

In 2011, and 2020.

2011.jpg
    799 x 1267 - 171K
    2020.jpg
    799 x 1295 - 344K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653
    edited January 2021

Sven Dullah said:

All that Dazz (Fly me to the Moon)

What a great way to start off 2021 with relaxing with some old records!!!

Great job Sven!!!

Post edited by Saphirewild on
This discussion has been closed.