Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Just had to share this

sci-fi-fantasy-demand-equality-in-fantasy.jpg
    500 x 1668 - 236K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Gotta love it. I've seen a 3D version of that someplace... it was stupid too.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,107
    edited December 1969

I did not sleep last night but I do not want to waste today sleeping.

edited December 1969

Force yourself to stay awake today and then force yourself to stay in bed tonight. I have to do that all the time. Then stick to a normal routine every night. You'll get back in rhythm sooner than you think.
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

I sleep too much!

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Force yourself to stay awake today and then force yourself to stay in bed tonight. I have to do that all the time. Then stick to a normal routine every night. You'll get back in rhythm sooner than you think.

I drank a cup of Pepsi to hopefully help me stay awake. Maybe I should drink another can of Pepsi to help me stay up. I prefer Pepsi over Coke.

edited December 1969

Space it out Missy, one jolt of caffine every few hours will work better than one huge one right now.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Space it out Missy, one jolt of caffine every few hours will work better than one huge one right now.

Okay I will space out the caffeine. thanks

edited December 1969

I just got an eviction notice and I am not in the condition to handle it. I feel like a stupid failure. I wish I could cut myself but that is stupid.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Please don't do that. Your kitties need you, and if you're hurt, you can't take care of them. And that would be stupid indeed.

Do you have any friends or anything support in the area, so you could ask for help?

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Please don't do that. Your kitties need you, and if you're hurt, you can't take care of them. And that would be stupid indeed.

Do you have any friends or anything support in the area, so you could ask for help?

I have no friends really. I do not know who to ask. My mum works hard for every dollar she makes as an art teacher. She is not rich. my father probably have the finances to help but I am too much of a burden for him or something like that. None of my other family has the means to help. Maybe my maternal grandmother but she cannot as she is ill and at some hospital.

Another problem is that my eviction date is when I am supposed to be in Wisconsin to visit my grandmother.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

In that case, you have to find a new place where to live before you go and visit your grandmother (although considering the deposits etc these days it may eat your travel money, which sucks). Damn, that sure is some BS short notice time. So sorry to hear that.

edited December 1969

I'm so sorry to hear this Miss B. I so hope you find someone to help you soon. Prayers are with you.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    In that case, you have to find a new place where to live before you go and visit your grandmother (although considering the deposits etc these days it may eat your travel money, which sucks). Damn, that sure is some BS short notice time. So sorry to hear that.

I do not have enough money for a deposit. I do not think I can find a place to live and to move to it by August 1rst. I also will not have any money until maybe August 17.

edited December 1969

I do not know your family circumstances so really cannot comment.
    the understanding in my family through the last few generations at least was one could always come home if needed
    we took in cousins when circumstances called for it
    though independence was encouraged, my mum left home at 15 for example
    I only left home at 33years of age but had paid board from the moment I had a job and did my share of housework etc.
    it was expected you pay your way.
    we did have to do a few financial whip arounds among the aunties and cousins to help out others at times though.

edited December 1969

I cannot move in with my mum as she lives at least three hours from here. Also her cats will probably kill Gabrielle. Gabrielle is still too young to rehome. She has not been weaned yet. Even this morning aha has been drinking Melody's milk

edited December 1969

Wow, this has really hit me hard. I'm at a loss, I'm the helping type but have no way to help in this situation. I'm the one with the open door in my family, I wish things better. That's all I can do. It does not feel like enough.

edited December 1969

I do not blame you but I blame myself. Right now I feel like I am being emo.

edited December 1969

Have you had no indication that this may happen. I know it's different countries, but over here there is no way a landlord could evict a tenant at such short notice, and no legal way a tenant could be evicted without the landlord having given notice in writing, with good reasons for the move.

edited December 1969

like Chohole, (who is in Wales) I can only use the Australian law as a basis for any advice, I do not know the American laws of tenacy in the various states
    here, it is actally very hard to evict tennants, even those that do not pay their rent.

edited December 1969

I think I got some notice last week.

edited December 1969

like Chohole, (who is in Wales) I can only use the Australian law as a basis for any advice, I do not know the American laws of tenacy in the various states
    here, it is actally very hard to evict tennants, even those that do not pay their rent.

Yes, it's the same here. even no payment of rent the landlord, be they private landlord or Hosuing Asscoiation, has to take the tenant to court, and it can take weeks, if not months to finally get an eviction notice granted. Is there no one you can turn to who will help guide you through this?
    edited December 1969

Argh!! To many threads same topic. I'm depressed now and can't keep up with which thread and all.

edited December 1969

I do not remember seeing a court date on the eviction notice. I do not remember seeing any court dates for anything in some time. Maybe the last time was the ticket I had in march for forgetting to renew my car registration.

edited December 1969

I think we need to get at least one thread back on topic.

How-Stupid.jpg
    900 x 563 - 218K
    edited December 1969

I am stupid.

Got a thing in the mail saying I might have won some money. The drawing won't be until end of August. Even if it was real it would be too late.

I also do not understand what they are trying to say. Too confusing.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There is no such thing as a 'free lunch', and that mail that says you've won something is probably a scam. Unless you've paid at a lottery or something like that.

And sitting here a thousand miles away, it's little I can do to help.

The tennant laws in my country is like in the UK and Australia, it's pretty hard to evict somebody, and usually it takes months.

All I can say is to swallow what pride you have and notify your father, or other close kin. If you don't have money, that's a hard fact that can't be ignored.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    edited July 2012

...stupid: (adj) See also: dumb, lame, pointless, asinine

...example: "...shiny new expensive forum software and the stupid reminder ebots are still borked".

...not going to slog through seventy some odd pages.

...besides, I prefer Mustard over "Catchup".

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

it is not pride preventing me to talk to my relatives but I already know they are unable to help or with my father unwilling to help.

edited December 1969

Miss Bad Wolf you need to seek help, any help while you still have the time. Do not let this catch you unprepaired.

This discussion has been closed.