Greybro's Ground - A Render A Day

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,482
    edited January 2017

The Infestation

I've been internet buddies with Sixus1 going way back. That's has afforded me the chance to get advanced access to many of his coolest creatures. I generally try to create at least one postable image whenever this occurs.The Infestation turned out to be an award winner, which was a real honor for me. I don't generally enter too many contests but recognition is always fun.

The Infestation

Post edited by Greybro on

A promo for my Wolfen for Genesis

Wolfen for Genesis

Action KBS

An avatar toon for a friend,
    KBS

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Greybro said:

Today we will carry on with the massive multi-figure theme with, "The Land of Layla."  Still no DOF, which bugs me, but overal I thinkl it's a better compsition than,
    "Enter The Net" above. See if you can discover how many Mil cats I've hidden in the scene.

The Land of Layla

I really like the sense of scale on this one.  Will hunt for the cats when its not so close to my bedtime lol.

Greybro said:

Today we will carry on with the massive multi-figure theme with, "The Land of Layla."  Still no DOF, which bugs me, but overal I thinkl it's a better compsition than,
    "Enter The Net" above. See if you can discover how many Mil cats I've hidden in the scene.

The Land of Layla

I really like the sense of scale on this one.  Will hunt for the cats when its not so close to my bedtime lol.

Thanks for stopping by. Hey, on the subject of Cats, I got the Mil Bundle which for the longest time was just too pricey for my blood. It's on significant sale at the moment. Maybe I'll revisit this now that I have more than a plain black cat.

Greybro said:
    Greybro said:

The Land of Layla

Thanks for stopping by. Hey, on the subject of Cats, I got the Mil Bundle which for the longest time was just too pricey for my blood. It's on significant sale at the moment. Maybe I'll revisit this now that I have more than a plain black cat.

There are some free texturs for the mil cat at sharecg as well.

"There are some free texturs for the mil cat at sharecg as well."

I had never noticed that. I'll have to check those out.

Is there a link for Wolfen?

Is there a link for Wolfen?

I don't want to break the TOS, so I will message the direct link to your Facebook fan page if that is cool.

Thats fine thanks very much!

Yesterday's image.

Darn it! I missed yesterday. I've been scrambling getting ready to start a new IT contract next week. Drug tests, tax records etc. Here's yesterday's render which is from a promo for an abandoned set of poses for Josh Crocket and Sixus 1's Blind Demon. It took so long to get through testing I wound up moving on to other things then I just never got back to my poses. I need to finish them and at least give them away somewhere.

Morsel

Drow Magus

The drow is based on my M4-self character created by Sixus1

Drow Magus

The blind demon one is creepy as heck!

I really like the special effects on the last one.

The blind demon one is creepy as heck!

I really like the special effects on the last one.

Thanks. I actually shot a short film skit for the Blind Demon where he's animated. It got about half way done before we switched to promote a different creature but it should surface at some point. A Daz Studio monster versus live action. I haven't seen anything like it so I'm hopeful to be able to share it sometime this year.

You can check out an early pre-visual here.

edited January 2017

So...today's going to be a bit of a cluster post. The other day I created AN AWARD WINNING RENDER!!!! To be fair, everyone who entered was declared a winner! Anywho, I made this one.

Fugitive From The Empire

The prize was the chance to pick a single product from the awesome 1st Bastion Daz store. I chose this one which I'd been eyeballing mightily for some time. It occured to my almost immediately how similar the layout was to one of the sets that comes with Poser. I think it was called, "Spy Headquarters" or some such. Only the Atrium is much nicer and optimized for IRay. I then though that perhaps I should totally redo this abandoned multi-figure composition from way back in the day.

Mutantville Central

Remaking Mutantville Central sounds like a fun challenge. 

Atrium

edited January 2017

Working on that big multi-figure today but here's something I ran on the laptop beside my at the same time.

The character is in fact NOT Mei Lin 6, even though she looks a bit like her but rather based on photos of my wife, Nancee (Kim Chul Ja) and generated with FaceGen Pro. THAT program was worth every dime.

EnterThroughGate.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M

The short film was really cool!

And your wife is beautiful!

edited January 2017

Working on that big multi-figure today but here's something I ran on the laptop beside me at the same time.

The short film was really cool!

And your wife is beautiful!

Thanks and I'll tell her you said that.

edited January 2017

I don't think this old one has been posted anywhere.

Werewolf Hunter

WerewolfHunter.jpg
    900 x 700 - 91K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited January 2017

So, here's a WIP of the new Multi-Figure project, Mutantville Central 2017. This is using IRay and DOF which frankly has proven challenging. I feel like it's about halfway there. I thought about making this work the subject of a tutorial video on the technique used. I guess I better see if I can make it turn out well first.

A Thousdand Zombies

edited January 2017

So this render happened.

Muticia As Bastet

edited January 2017

An abandon Christmas render of Dad for our first Christmas without him.

1BA62058-4746-4757-9327-BBFBC9DCAABD.jpeg
    1669 x 938 - 405K

Not so much a complaint as an observation. My thread along with many other render a day type threads is not very popular. The only threads that really seem to garner any attention here are the ridiculous fake complaint threads. Maybe I should change the title to, " The gnome stole my complaint thread."

speaking just for me and some people from Tennesse, I never read those.

edited January 2017

One of the things I sometimes like to do, especially with all the great IRay shaders for wall materials and the like is to create the corner of a room and just see what kind of mini slice of an environment I can assemble from whatever is at hand. Here's one such experiement. Oh yeah, and the gnome stole my complaint! Go quikry Daz community!

edited January 2017

Don't ever put your hands on the King, Son!

edited January 2017

LOVE the look on the cats face!

And I'm so sorry about your dad.  Its so hard especially all those first holidays.  My dad has been gone 18 years and some days, it feels like yesterday.  I miss him still. Thankfully time puts some distance to those first, terribly raw emotions.

And I really like the one with the egyptian mask.

LOVE the look on the cats face!

And I'm so sorry about your dad.  Its so hard especially all those first holidays.  My dad has been gone 18 years and some days, it feels like yesterday.  I miss him still. Thankfully time puts some distance to those first, terribly raw emotions.

And I really like the one with the egyptian mask.

Thanks so much.