Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323

Silo?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

It's a portal into next year.

• The last death of 2016 . . . hopefully.

Genesis 3 George posed in DS and exported as obj. Sheet draped in Carrara.

The legs of the gurney need to show signs that they are going to buckle.

I was using my laptop to temporarily replace my desktop that died to do some daz rendering. While doing some material and lighting tests for AntFarm's product, Sci-Fi Black Market Alley / Construction Set, my laptop finally died too. I didn't even get to load his product to try out! I was trying out some other products like Feng's to kitbash them all together. Here are some partial renders.

Bollard.png
    367 x 450 - 121K
    Rickshaw.png
    719 x 450 - 320K
    Fengs Test 1.png
    719 x 450 - 211K
    Fengs test 2.png
    719 x 450 - 398K

What engine is that, Luxrender? Octane? Iray?

Chohole said:

It's a portal into next year.

It really is! ;)

• edited January 2017

What engine is that, Luxrender? Octane? Iray?

LuxRender via Reality 2. About ten minutes time in preview mode.
    Post edited by Barefoot Upto My Soul on

Oh... that's in Daz Studio?

You should try Carrara!

I have Techno Town 2 in my wishlist, but here's a shot of Vol.1

Actually, I think it's kit-bashed a bit with SciFi City, also by coflek gnorg

• edited January 2017
    Yes in Daz. Reality is not available for Carrara. Which render did you use? Octane? This is a render I did in Carrara straight out of the box. Daz would crash just loading the whole scene on my old PC.
    studio-paris---carrara_full.png
    1280 x 720 - 961K
  • edited January 2017
    I have quite a number of coflek gnorg and the antfarm's assets. Was looking to mix and match them with mobius87 and stonemason's amongst others. Other than her foot sinking into the pavement it's a very good render. I'll eventually learn to manuver in Carrara since I have many assets for that. It's a whole new software for me to learn. Just waiting to finish building my CG PC to replace the dead ones. Dedicated to Daz and Carrara so that I don't risk my licences with other software should it also die.
    int-art-dept-at-dystopia-university---day_full_20160726201425780.jpg
    1619 x 910 - 945K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

As the chimes of Big Ben faded, I became aware of a distant rumble . . . George had awakened!

Just . . . don't drop that cloth!

Very cool renders!

Yeah, I just use the native render engine. I do have Luxus for Carrara, but I still prefer the native engine for most renders - but that's just me.

I love kit-bashing, and I love TheAntFarm, Coflek Gnorg, 3-D-C, Stonemason, Predatron... etc., etc.,

Anyways... you Do realize you're in the Carrara forum, right? ;) 

George!!! Ahhhhhh!!!!!

• Very cool renders!

Yeah, I just use the native render engine. I do have Luxus for Carrara, but I still prefer the native engine for most renders - but that's just me.

I love kit-bashing, and I love TheAntFarm, Coflek Gnorg, 3-D-C, Stonemason, Predatron... etc., etc.,

Anyways... you Do realize you're in the Carrara forum, right? ;) 

Whoa this isn't woodshop?! Sorry to intrude. Backing out now... nice and slow....

LOL!!!!
    DS renders are certainly allowed! :)

• I stumbled in here because I was looking for George and wondering if police uniforms would fit him or if I could merge him with an original genesis item such as rawart's Raw Bacon.

But since I am here finally in the Carrara forum, wanted to ask a few questions. Such as, can I open any and all made for daz made for poser products into Carrara 8.5 Pro? Also I once tried Sadot's cinema but it wanted to animate and I just wanted one image. Can you point me to a good tutorial anywhere on using this software. If I get to make good use of Howie Farkas' landscapes, I am way ahead of the game.

But since I am here finally in the Carrara forum, wanted to ask a few questions. Such as, can I open any and all made for daz made for poser products into Carrara 8.5 Pro? 

Most everything does - to a point.

Shader products made for Daz Studio generally won't have any form of good result in Carrara, since they're made for Studio. I'm almost done with a nice article on how to deal with such things in Carrara as we speak.

For things that don't work, we have a special thread for that here:

Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Can you point me to a good tutorial anywhere on using this software. If I get to make good use of Howie Farkas' landscapes, I am way ahead of the game.

Yup. Here's a cool thread by our own, wonderful diomede:

► First Steps - Setting up a sample scene in Carrara with plant, terrain, sky and hair
    Diomede's wonderful "Starter Thread" for those new to Carrara! "Where do we go now, what do we do next?"  Find answers here!

I have this one going:

► Learning CARRARA and need some help?

which all began with this one:

►►► Carrara Information Manual ◄◄◄

Here's a few videos I've made which may be of some help as well

First Look at Carrara 8.5 Pro

Painting with Shadows

More stuff on my YouTube channel

I stumbled in here because I was looking for George and wondering if police uniforms would fit him or if I could merge him with an original genesis item such as rawart's Raw Bacon.

One of the really cool things about Carrara, in how it allows us to load in these figure with their rigging and morphs, etc., (unlike other modelers) is that, by using the techniques used by Premier Artists to create things, we can do these same things for ourselves for our own needs.

I've done some studying on how to create things for Genesis (1, 2, and 3) using Daz Studio's Content Creation Tools, and found that Carrara works very well for doing everything needed by the "Modeler" they talk about, like Modo, LW and such. But with Carrara, we don't need to export special copies of the mesh. We can simply dial up the morphs we need, right within Carrara, do our modeling (or just tweaks, etc.,) and export the OBJ just as instructed. Sweet!

Here's a basic video about that stuff

and here is an excellent source for the Daz Studio Content Creation Tools

DAZ Studio 4 3D Content Creation Tools

3D Figure Setup Tools

Content Creation by Josh Darling

• You are awesome!
    You are awesome!

You're the one asking about Carrara. I say it's You, who's Awesome! yes

The last death of 2016 . . . hopefully.

Genesis 3 George posed in DS and exported as obj. Sheet draped in Carrara.

The legs of the gurney need to show signs that they are going to buckle.

I was using my laptop to temporarily replace my desktop that died to do some daz rendering. While doing some material and lighting tests for AntFarm's product, Sci-Fi Black Market Alley / Construction Set, my laptop finally died too. I didn't even get to load his product to try out! I was trying out some other products like Feng's to kitbash them all together. Here are some partial renders.

It's a bariatric gurney, reinforced in all the right placeswink (if you look in the second render you can see the reinforcements), although with George it may still have met its match!

The props were built and the sheet was draped in Carrara, but at 3 am after some celebratory drinks it was easier to texture the sheet in DS than texture George in CA.

(Of course if Daz gave us proper genesis 3 support . . .)

George Awakes in CA.jpg
    1995 x 1331 - 504K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited January 2017

My first render of 2017, and also my first render on my new computer! Howie's Country Lane and V4. My procedural skin textures. Eyelashes, eyebrows, and Sidelong hair are all Carrara dynamic hair.

forest road.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Happy New Year, EP.  Enjoy the new 'puter.  Great render to start 2017 off with.

Sweet render EP, and almost-viable armour too! laugh

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219

Binoculars model...part of a larger animated project.

Back at a little 3D with my one and only Carrara. smiley

I may need some advice on how to best animate a neck strap for these binoculars......Physics???   Been awhile, and I am rusty in some areas.

Binoculars.jpg
    800 x 600 - 329K
    McGuiver said:

I may need some advice on how to best animate a neck strap for these binoculars......Physics???   Been awhile, and I am rusty in some areas.

Nice!

Yeah, I've never done it, but I think what you'll want is soft body bullet, using soft-body attach to hook it up to the binoculars

My first render of 2017, and also my first render on my new computer! Howie's Country Lane and V4. My procedural skin textures. Eyelashes, eyebrows, and Sidelong hair are all Carrara dynamic hair.

Ouch! Very nice, evilproducer!!!

• ScarecrowScarecrow Posts: 169

• McGuiverMcGuiver Posts: 219
    edited January 2017
    McGuiver said:

Nice!

Yeah, I've never done it, but I think what you'll want is soft body bullet, using soft-body attach to hook it up to the binoculars

Dart,

I got it done with bones & target helpers to hold the ends of the straps on the binoculars. It needs a little tweaking on the strap bones, but it's close.

The whole binocular mesh is subdivided, but I think I can turn all the subdivision off for actual use in the scene, since it will be pretty small when it's in the characters face, or when he is carrying them.

Edit: Got the strap under control & Leveled out the focus adjuster....m-happy now.

Binoculars2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 359K
    Binoculars3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 176K
    Post edited by McGuiver on
This discussion has been closed.