Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!

19495969798100»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,323
    edited June 2020

Fantastic renders, all! So cool!

Bytescapes, that image is Amazing! Did you know that the Lagoon and Trifid nebulae are my favorites? Never in a thousand years did I think I could actually fly into the Lagoon!!! So Cool!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    Roygee said:

Hi guys::)

Many years since doing a carrara render!  This CV19 lockdown has kept my camera indoors, so got the urge to do some modelling of spacecraft.  Probably a subconcious urge to get as far away as possible from this scurge.

Crafted in blender, rendered in Carrara

Roygee? Welcome Home!!! Cool freaking modeling job and render!!!

Stezza said:

feedtime

I love Ken and his birds!

Headwax said:

I like to trot this out every now and then this was a video of my work uptil 2010 - watching it again makes me realise I am a sick man...

video link: Andrew Finnie Art Showcase

Forever a fan, my friend!!!

edited June 2020
    therixx said:

The CarraraVirus, unlike the coronaviruses it resembles, is innocuous and was artificially created in Carrara (this does not mean it was created in the Italian town; it means that it was created in the 3D graphics application that bears the same name).

Although the CarraraVirus only exists in the virtual world, it is nonetheless able to cause an odd pseudo-disease, called Carvid-85, in the real world. Carvid-85 is harmless and does not pose health risks: the only symptom that can be found in infected people is a strong bias for the above-mentioned CGI program; most of these persons tell they appreciate the CarraraVirus' effect and have no intention to fight it.

Very cool image!

oh Veronika, look who I found at Rendo kiss

Who is it? He's awesome!

Bunyip02 said:

Another one !

This one too!

StarWars Episode VII: The Duel In The Force Awakens

Very nicely done! Wonderful likenesses!

Diomede said:

Fancy schmancy, Bunyip02.  I want one.  I want it now!

Meanwhile, I paid tribute to one of my inspirations, the great stone face, Mr. Buster Keaton.  Simple G2M render with B&W GMIC filter.

Don't worry Diomede! In a few years I'll have saved up enough to spring for some bail!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

100!

edited June 2020
    Diomede said:

But wait, there is more.  Here is Storm Castle (I apologize for not knowing the creator) in Dart's starter setting for woodland realms.

Now what we do is to grab one (or more) of those nature clump elements (terrain chunk covered with tress, etc.,) and bring it between the castle and camera so we have to peek a bit to find the castle.

I often also like to get some foliage right up close to the camera and bring it out of focus to make it feel like the viewer is standing there approaching an elusive keep!

BTW, that Storm Castle looks Awesome! Such a wonderful model!

Diomede said:

But wait, there is more.  Here is Storm Castle (I apologize for not knowing the creator) in Dart's starter setting for woodland realms.

Now what we do is to grab one (or more) of those nature clump elements (terrain chunk covered with tress, etc.,) and bring it between the castle and camera so we he to peek a bit to find the castle.

I often also like to get some foliage right up close to the camera and bring it out of focus to make it feel like the viewer is standing there approaching an elusive keep!

yes

Love the Eagle too! I mean... Eagle 2 too! :)

I was working on another render with the 3DUniverse original figure Toon Generation when I decied to quit for the evening.  I was using 3D paint to paint on a clown face and inadvertently overwrote the original texture file.  Reinstalled it to over write it back to the original.  That is a good sign it is time to quit.

That's always a confusing dialog box that pops up. I try to remember to change shaders before I paint. If I need to blend in the original textures, I do so after I'm done painting - or I make a copy of the original map with a new name (and in a different folder) and paint on that. I don't always succeed and have been in the same situation myself.

Thank goodness for the good ol' Product Library, eh?!!!

I usually create a new texture with a new name, so it is a non-issue.  This time I tried to use layers but got tripped up because of the save formats.  Burnt hand teaches best, LOL.  In the future I will remember to start on a fresh texture.

edited June 2020

One more with 3DUniverse's Toongen figure.  Not the project I was working on last night.

kneeling 3du.jpg
    800 x 800 - 52K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Experimenting with the distribution controls of replicators.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited June 2020

Carrara native and Octane render of Artini Island with Diomede foliage

artinidio0001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 694K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Excellent, Wendy.  Much better than I could do with the foliage myself.  Water is spectacular.

Diomede said:

Excellent, Wendy.  Much better than I could do with the foliage myself.  Water is spectacular.

thanks heart

was a direct result of looking in another thread winkusing another software 

edited June 2020

Combining surface replicators and strand based hair for west Texas landscape.

southwest with hair added.jpg
    1600 x 1038 - 238K

Rock On!!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

wow... looks like there's nothin' in west texas!  surprise

edited June 2020

West Texas is a veritable rain forest compared to Eastern Washington (the state, not DC).  People hear Seattle and Portland and think that Washington and Oregon get rain all the time and never see the sun.  But the mountains prevent the rains from getting very far inland.  Here is a pic I took in the Columbia River valley east of Portland.  I'm standing in Oregon and across the river is Washington.  Honestly, I thought that I was in the Forbidden Zone from the original Planet of the Apes.  I'm sure that Australian deserts make Eastern Washington look like a rain forest, but I had expected the eastern half of the Columbia River valley to be like West Texas. I was very surprised.

Pic looking across the Columbia River from Oregon to Washington State attached.

IMG_0339.JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 745K
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    edited June 2020

Vegetated Landscape from me

Landscape 1b.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    Bunyip02 said:

Vegetated Landscape from me

Keep them coming in both threads!  I mean both this thread and the NPR thread.  Love it.

Looks great, bunyip02!

edited September 2020
    Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.