Post edited by ed3D on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,998
    edited March 2017

_ mermaid010 _ time is Not out

_``~...

Post edited by ed3D on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,113

ed3D : interesting entries !

mtnmen : Within you and Without you : definitely really good !

Hansmar : vibrant colours, very nice work.

MelanieL : Resolution All boxed up :  Wonderful work and original idea.

Dan Whiteside : very nice and detailed render.

mermaid010 :  I like your interpretation of the effect in "Bryce Fun with Resolutions"

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398
    edited March 2017

#2...Broken Promises

Broken Promises.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 376K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

CONTEST CLOSED

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799

Congrats to everyone who got their entries submitted in time! So much excellent work, so many different interpretations. Lots of technical skill demonstrated all over the place. This is a hot contest for sure. Very exciting. Congrats everyone!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,171
    edited March 2017

Dan Whiteside - oh he looks so enthusiastic about that dinner! Nice lighting drawing the eye to the food and the reflection of his face.
    mermaid010 - I love that endless reflection stuff (I really must find out how to do that)
    adbc - thanks.
    S Ray - that's so sad! Very effective render.

All that remains to be said then is: good luck to all!

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,113

S Ray : Nice render. There is a lot of emotion in that picture.

• S RayS Ray Posts: 398

Chohole  sorry I got this one in late the render didn't finish till early this morning. Thanks for resizing it for me.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    S Ray said:

Chohole  sorry I got this one in late the render didn't finish till early this morning. Thanks for resizing it for me.

No problems,  I never close the challenge down till morning on the first, that way I know I have covered all time zones,  as I am on GMT. 

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,161

ed3D - the fires in the hands look great. Cyna Tarsi is a cool render.

mtnmen - looks better in my eyes.

Hansmar - what a cool idea, very well done.

MelanieL - your third entry has it really boxed up. Great dea and well done.

Dan - really great render.

Mermaid - fantastc Droste-effect realisation.

S Ray - very nice entry, though a bit on the sad side.

Thank you, Horo

edited March 2017

_ _thanks  Horo  _``~...

Post edited by ed3D on
  • Oh, I'm sorry, I've missed some good entries here.
    Very nice works from all here.
    Good luck to all participants.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,765

ed3D: Second version of the lady with the flaming hands is an improvement, I think. And thanks for the nice comment.

MelanieL: Nice idea. I get a bit dizy with those spots and the floor/wall texture.

Dan Whiteside: Nice indoor scene, good looking fellow (I mean: realistic). The food looks plastic, but maybe that was your intention?

mermaid010: Wonderful render. Very well made!

MelanieL, adbc: Thanks you. The hypnotic effect / vibrant colours is/are probably caused by  the partial transparency, giving the backside just out of location with the front side for most 'spheres. Setting up the scene was rather easy. Deciding on colours, level of reflection, location of the sun, etc. that was the hard part!

S Ray: Really magnificent render. Sad, but beautiful!

The spheres all have the same glass texture. But there are four lights: an orangy sun, an orang-red dome light, a green dome light and a white fill light. Together, this leads to the variation in colours on the various sides of the buckies (because that's what most of them are).

Good work by everyone; again a great variety of original and well made works!

Good luck to the judges. Won't be easy.... as usual.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,036

Ed3D - interesting ideas both your entries.

Mtnmen - thanks for your comment on Robby. Within You and Without You looks awesome.

Hansmar - lovely abstract with the spheres, thanks for your comment

Melaniel - Resolution all boxed up  - lovely idea and beautiful render, thanks for your comment.

Dan Whiteside - awesome render as usual

Adbc - thanks

S Ray - wow love the render, I agree with adbc, there is a lot of emotion in this render.

Horo- thanks

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

thanks for all your comments
    @hansmar... low resolution spheres is lovely..
    @ed3d... version 2  fun...
    @melaniel... Resolution all boxed up... really nice, colorful image... love the nesting jars...
    @danwhiteside... The Most Common Resolution.. a really fun image... and it is most common resolution...
    @mermaid010...  Bryce Fun With Revolutions... I love it.. Gotta love the "effect"...

I didn't realize it was the end of this challenge...  I started working on my second entry... lol... 
    Good stuff by everyone... another fun challenge...
    Good luck to all...

Thank you for your comments, Hansmar, mermaid010 and mtnmen.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,765

mermaid010mtnmen: Thanks.

edited June 2017

And "thank you kindly"

_to all _you 'all

_``~...

Post edited by ed3D on
  • This was an unusable render from an advertisement I worked on. They wanted 144 different renders, resolutions, and perspectives - they used 2. Go figure...

Its been my background ever since - something about the simplicity of the colors juxtaposed by the complexity of each tree's features. I also tried it with DoF, but in trying to make it look more realistic, it loses all of its character. Plus there is just enough whitespace for Conky widgets.

Cheers,

Brian

purpletoon1.png
    1754 x 875 - 2M