Josh Crockett Suggestion Page for Monster Characters!

Comments

• Raw Head Rex surprise

Raw could be fun to do a take on... Pumpkinhead I feel is overdone though I love the design

Youre probably right. I can totally see his influence in some of your designs.

Well, in the Zbrush world it's been done to death anyway. I definitely know of one poorly done version existing elsewhere on another store in the market.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

What about making a figure within a G8M or F figure and then making part of the outer figure invisible or transparent in order to see the inner figure. Or, make the outer skin transluscent and make the inner item glow so it shows beneath the skin. Glowing brains or glow worm bubbling up through the skin .

I would also love to see you do an added geografted appendage or two out of the ordinary tail. Perhaps ala  Leroy Gomm from Nightbreed a nice pair of belly tentacles or a spider legs erupting from a mutated spine carrying the poor school girl whose body they erupted from around possibly to her doom at the hands of the Spider King.  

Another item I would like to see are some tortured ghosts whose bodies are mutilated but who haunt where they were killed. A kid wrapped in chains and dragged to death down an old Georgia dirt road now hovers there or a man hung from a tree because he looked at the wrong woman. America is full of ghosts. These figures would be horrifying.... but maybe too much so for the family oriented DAZ co. Sorry, didn't think of that. Probably too controversial.

• RKane_1 said:

What about making a figure within a G8M or F figure and then making part of the outer figure invisible or transparent in order to see the inner figure. Or, make the outer skin transluscent and make the inner item glow so it shows beneath the skin. Glowing brains or glow worm bubbling up through the skin .

I would also love to see you do an added geografted appendage or two out of the ordinary tail. Perhaps ala  Leroy Gomm from Nightbreed a nice pair of belly tentacles or a spider legs erupting from a mutated spine carrying the poor school girl whose body they erupted from around possibly to her doom at the hands of the Spider King.  

Another item I would like to see are some tortured ghosts whose bodies are mutilated but who haunt where they were killed. A kid wrapped in chains and dragged to death down an old Georgia dirt road now hovers there or a man hung from a tree because he looked at the wrong woman. America is full of ghosts. These figures would be horrifying.... but maybe too much so for the family oriented DAZ co. Sorry, didn't think of that. Probably too controversial.

I'll carefully examine this list of ideas as I get time.... quite an imagination you have there... I doubt the kid wrapped in chains being dragged would fly lol

RKane_1 said:

I'll carefully examine this list of ideas as I get time....

I am quite pleased you think my ideas may have merit. :)

quite an imagination you have there...

You flatter me , sir.

I doubt the kid wrapped in chains being dragged would fly lol

You are likely right. What about a man. No one minds victimizing men. 

• RKane_1 said:

You are likely right. What about a man. No one minds victimizing men.

LOL

Oh, hey. How about some horror props? What about a bloody cleaver, bloody axe, a noose, Bloody Chainsaw, a bloody garden weasel..... er... sorry.

• Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited September 2018

I second the petition for a pathfinder goblin. Also a Naga and a Garuda would with an horror twist would be awesome to purchase from you. 

Here's my original idea: all 12 zodiac signs reimagined as hybrid experiments of all sort made by a mad scientist. Aries could be a frankenstein dog with suture everywhere and goat horns. Taurus a Lamassu, its like a manticore alike,  with human head, wings and body of a bull with frizzed lion beard like old mesopotamians.

you could do many of them like 4 legged monsters for a change. 

Gemini could be a couple of siamese horror little twin kids with black eyes.

Cancer a crustacean humanoid alien with antennae and scissor crab hands.

Leo an homenage to creatures of the old sleepwalkers movie by Stephen King with your own vision.

Virgo a Cecaelian hag, or a carnivore and exotic half plant half cute woman.

Libra a little fat imp, a familiar for wizards and secret book erudites. Maybe an homunculus of a hearth sacrifice.

Scorpio an semihumanoid alien with exoesqueleton looking like a scorpiionspider alien invader.

Sagitarius, a nightmarish satyr with a bow weapon on promos.

Capricorn, a little young Naga with humanoid face, ram horns and sea serpent tail.

Aquarius, a Garuda humanoid with a touch of a shoebill bird possessed by a demon. Because Aquarius is really an air sign.

Pisces, this is easy, a deep one. 

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • I just want a really awesome creature creation kit (random morphs and realistic skins) for Genesis 8...

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,116

Raw Head Rex surprise

What is that? Is it a guy with a T-Rex head?  Color me confused.

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

Raw Head Rex surprise

A cult movie, demon with a big mouth full of teeth. 

TraceSL said:

Raw Head Rex surprise

I imaged searched him and he is ugly.  Not sure if it is my sleep deprived state or the cold brew coffee I drank to deal with it, it looks like he has some dental illness which shrank his lips and/or inflamed his gums.  

• rawhead rex is based off a clive barker story Image result for rawhead rex

Image result for rawhead rex

Image result for rawhead rex

It looks like it hurts him.  No wonder he is mad because his gums are swollen to extra big size.

No  one understood Rawhead Rex.... then a team of orthodontists and oral hygenicists brought him to the man he is today...

Oh, he still kills in eats people, but often their last words are what a lovely smile he has.

• lol oh RKane. Anyway been long time since I read the story think it was in The Books Of Blood (which also had stories that the movies Hellraiser and Nightbreed were based on) haven't seen the movie but if I remember in the story he loved to bite people's heads off then there if I remember right there was a woman he went after and she had her period drove him crazy can't remember though if it drove him more bloodlust or struck fear in him

• biomechanical living weapons for your aliens and movable props like the pain pillar from Hellraiser. Oh and creepy dolls and puppets could use the g8 adult male/female bases so we could have choice of clothing to use and then we can just shrink them down if we want for scenes/characters like in Puppet Master or dolls. Oh and creepy old men/women (other than witches) like the preacher from the Poltergiest movies  Image result for full moon puppet master movies

• A jungle witchdoctor/witch cannibal type
  • Tarman would be sweet. :D

• Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    edited September 2018
    TraceSL said:

Raw Head Rex surprise

I imaged searched him and he is ugly.  Not sure if it is my sleep deprived state or the cold brew coffee I drank to deal with it, it looks like he has some dental illness which shrank his lips and/or inflamed his gums.  

I like this take

Post edited by Chohole on
  • that is pretty close to how imagine him in the short story been long time since read it but think that is pretty accurate

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 528

Product Suggestion - Witch Doctor/Canibal 

• That last image, it's exactly the kind of mouth I'd like to see possible on G8. Normal guy/gal and all of sudden... GWRAAAAAAH that giant mauling mouth in the middle of their face.

That last image, it's exactly the kind of mouth I'd like to see possible on G8. Normal guy/gal and all of sudden... GWRAAAAAAH that giant mauling mouth in the middle of their face.

Ditto! :)

Call him "Smiley". :)

Here are some renders I have done with the graylien.

aliendude0000.png
    480 x 609 - 226K
    beardedalien.png
    480 x 609 - 270K
    beardedalien0000.png
    480 x 609 - 315K
  • Josh CrockettJosh Crockett Posts: 572
    edited September 2018

Here are some renders I have done with the graylien.

Homie on right got his perm on! ::Cue up the Disco::

Post edited by Josh Crockett on

Josh... a suggestion. For a "smiley" or Rawhead Rex type, you could make a new set of teeth, make the regular set invisible, and overlay the new set over the old one. It won't be able to be morphed unless fitted somehow to the old teeth. Or you could geo-graft an entire new jaw as well, if'n ya wanted to.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,958

It's not exactly the same thing, but I got this to get a similar effect:

https://www.daz3d.com/plant-man

In that case it's a conformer, I think.

Nenana was great except there was no male counterpart for her, similar to Greylien no femine version for him.

• RKane_1 said:

Josh... a suggestion. For a "smiley" or Rawhead Rex type, you could make a new set of teeth, make the regular set invisible, and overlay the new set over the old one. It won't be able to be morphed unless fitted somehow to the old teeth. Or you could geo-graft an entire new jaw as well, if'n ya wanted to.

I don't see why it couldn't be done as a morph...

Nenana was great except there was no male counterpart for her, similar to Greylien no femine version for him.

Female "Supreme Intelligence" is in the plans... As far as counterparts for the other two, the Greys are "sexless" to begin with, as far as the lore goes anyway...

A male counterpart for Nenana... I've thought about doing one, but the paint scheme overall is kind of feminine in design, so it would be challenging.

Nenana was kind of an experiment to begin with and kind of a challenge to myself to see if I could do a female alien in the first place. I had no idea she would become as popular as she has. But that is pretty much my view on all the characters I've done. I choose my subject matter based on what seems fun and at the same time will present somewhat of a challenge, and what would I as an end user like to see. Because, yes, I was once one of you out there searching for interesting content to put in my renders. Whether or not they become popular one can never tell. Some are more popular than others. I'm grateful people find my style appealing in this huge landscape of awesome artists here to compete with and I'm a relative newcomer as far as the Daz format is concerned so it's quite humbling.