Someone has developed a Character Preset to allow Carrara users to use Genesis 3 ?

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    PhilW said:
    ProPose said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we see an update soon

I'd like to think so, but nothing has been seen or heard since late 2015 on any developments, so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

make sure there is a medically trained person nearby with a difibrulator if you do

Video click to play

George in Carrara

I fitted and unparented clothes in DAZ studio to Misty's Character applied skin and changed the rigging of each to Blended weights

saved scene subset

loaded in Carrara did all animation and morphs there

Mimic for Carrara works too with the genesis 3 configuration dmc found in my library/ general /config files

YAY Misty you did it yes

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

lol,  cheers   George looks ready to tame a dragon smileyheart

or eat one wink

I only noticed afterwards his chest armour is not fitted > <

th3Digit said:

I only noticed afterwards his chest armour is not fitted > <

he doesnt seem to be feeling the cold 

no he has plenty of fat

george is speaking  loll

humans basically land mammals.  

oh yeah, dont forget genesis 3 has ear bones, 

can give some ear variety to characters

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Cool... pic of Mad Magazine, Alfred E Newman... running through my head.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

My late dear dad could wiggle one of his ears... bless his soul.  angel Silene

oscillate tweener? smiley

on a side note, the iray_opacity doesn't come over to carrara

for the eyes, it's the cornea and eye moisture needs transparency.
    eyelashes, end up manually setting the eyelash alpha mask in the shader.
    eyelash alphas all look the same to me, but creatures might have a specialty eyelash, or none. 

a trick to bringing transparency over from ds, set the shader in ds to daz default, use a solid black jpg in the opacity channel

sclera is the eye white
    think the eye socket is the inner eye fleshy bit,

anyoe tried playing with the face rigging? smiley

lolll actually is only 8 of us on the crazy train, mr crowley

Click to play video

wgdjohn said:

Cool... pic of Mad Magazine, Alfred E Newman... running through my head.

smiley

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 527
    PhilW said:
    ProPose said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we see an update soon

I'd like to think so, but nothing has been seen or heard since late 2015 on any developments, so I wouldn't hold my breath. 

You're right, not holding my breath.  But now that the cat's out of the bag, ie. Genesis 3 in Carrara, there's no reason to hold back on an 'official' update to make G3 compatible in Carrara.  Maybe, I'm just wishfull dreaming.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Call me slow, but I hadn't realised that it had actually been launched - found it today. Looking forward to having a play!

edited March 2017

Here's my first go with Misty's G3M guy... I made him a young man and with a darker skin. He's using the atlatl/spearthrower I posted over in Modeling Objects in Carrara - Q&A - Come One and All

I did purchase some more intricate facial expression morphs, but had not loaded them before I made this guy a carrara figure.... so will re-load a fresh one and then they 'should' work... poses for G3M work, but I posed this guy manually. Am really pleased with the hand and finger control. Much better than G2 and very important for my project.  I love Misty's Mysterious Mojo for G3 and am now going to go foward with my story illustrations.  I only used dynamic hair on the vest/waistcoat. Hair on head is Evan hair and not specific to G3.

Oh, and I bought more than $200 worth of  stuff since mid-March because of this.. hope you see that DAZ?

yes Silene

Scene2.png
    1500 x 934 - 2M
    Scene1.png
    1196 x 888 - 2M
    Hand1.png
    485 x 365 - 299K
    Face1.png
    415 x 365 - 248K
    Face2.png
    378 x 365 - 210K
    Face3.png
    423 x 365 - 207K
    Post edited by SileneUK on

paleolithic? smiley

MistyRara said:

paleolithic? smiley

Ayup.... and I am going to get to work on his Neanderthal friend tomorrow! Just need to transfer some features over doing a side-by-side as the sliders are different from the G2 model used then.  yes Silene

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    PhilW said:

Call me slow, but I hadn't realised that it had actually been launched - found it today. Looking forward to having a play!

I must be slower than you. Was something released in the store. Where can I get it?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    PhilW said:

I must be slower than you. Was something released in the store. Where can I get it?

Hya Brian I will send a pm :)

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Just reading this advice somewhere which may help , not my advice but the fabulous Wendy's

....the main thing is making clothing and hair Carrara friendly as well as tweaking shaders, most Carrara users are used to the latter, there are a lot of missing maps.

For the clothing and hair you need DAZ studio,

All you need to do in most cases is load the clothes in DAZ studio by clicking them , some have a preset that loads a whole outfit.

No figure is needed in the scene in fact best not as if not Johnathon or Janet could crash Carrara.

then select each garment and go to edit/figure/rigging convert triax/general weight to blended weight

then under file save as scene subset

you can select your figure in carrara and load that scene subset from your library or by file and it will fit and apply morphs for each garment and hair in turn.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

some clothing just won't work.. Like the Winter Fantasy... it just crashes Carrara no matter what you do.

Captain Charisma needed a bit extra work on the suit for some unknown reason.

but all other stuff ( I don't have much.. about 5 items ) transfers well.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited March 2017

I bought it - this is a quick test applying the Darius morph and textures, materials tuned for Octane and rendered in Octane Render for Carrara.

Darius7 Carraractor.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 167K
    Post edited by PhilW on
  • ProPoseProPose Posts: 527

Nice!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited March 2017

Very impressive, Phil.  I still need to work on how I handle the UVs and the shaders, but this is very exciting.  Thank you, Misty.  This is her G3 Jeanette character wearing the Hinata dress with Naomi's 5 Times a Lady hair.

hinata g3 in carrara.jpg
    600 x 800 - 26K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 807
    head wax said:
    PhilW said:

Hya Brian I will send a pm :)

Thanks very much. I got it last night. Just in time for the March Madness catch-up sale. I can't wait to try it out this weekend.