Someone has developed a Character Preset to allow Carrara users to use Genesis 3 ?

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited April 2017

questions have slowed down, but not stopped

is like mostly, having to convert clothes to blended inside ds, for someone who is not a  ds user, is turned off by it.

TGIF

knitting mittens winkwink

- i opted out of the clearance option, will disappear after its grace period

Post edited by Mistara on
  • wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634
    edited April 2017
    SileneUK said:
    PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

officially 19 of us naos smiley

I would have expected more.

Does everyone know where to go?  Misty... you need a FB page!!  yes Silene

Silene,  I rarely visit FB except for the few pages I can access... I know "I'm paranoid"... strange I am. :)

yesyesyes... Three cheers for Misty.

Post edited by wgdjohn on

Thanks smiley

i u/lded a new mittens walkthru tut to the tubes last night.  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    wgdjohn said:
    SileneUK said:
    PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

Silene,  I rarely visit FB except for the few pages I can access... I know "I'm paranoid"... strange I am. :)

What's FB?

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    Chohole said:
    wgdjohn said:
    SileneUK said:
    PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

What's FB?

I don't even use it, but I know facebook! It's very useful if you have your own business, etc.

Well, I do use it to read most of my hometown US newspaper without having to pay Murdoch a stupid amount of money to read the paper directly online. 

cheeky Silene

edited April 2017
    SileneUK said:
    Chohole said:
    wgdjohn said:
    SileneUK said:
    PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

What's FB?

I don't even use it, but I know facebook! It's very useful if you have your own business, etc.

Well, I do use it to read most of my hometown US newspaper without having to pay Murdoch a stupid amount of money to read the paper directly online. 

cheeky Silene

I was joking with that question, but nothing is ever going to get me to use it.  Social media they call it.  I can't think of anything that is less sociable.  My social life is built around people,  not people who I have never met, will probably never ever meet,  and who are only called friends because they "befiriended " you on a computer screen, and can "unfried" you just as quickly.   When was the last time one of your real friends "unfriended" you?

And BTW by real friends I do include people that you have met on line, they can be real friends. But not those who took less than a minute to ask "Can I be your friend"

Post edited by Chohole on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

if I was fried online, I'd want to be unfried wink

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Chohole said:

I was joking with that question, but nothing is ever going to get me to use it.  Social media they call it.  I can't think of anything that is less sociable.  My social life is built around people,  not people who I have never met, will probably never ever meet,  and who are only called friends because they "befiriended " you on a computer screen, and can "unfried" you just as quickly.   When was the last time one of your real friends "unfriended" you?

yesyesyes

I'd hate to be ' unfried' by you, Chohole!!  crying  

It's scary as well when people can pass on your whereabouts to others, even innocently, by posting a comment on their own page wishing you well, have a ball, etc if you are going on holiday. You never know who could be watching your empty house.

indecision Silene

FB  
    - food bowl
    - feed back
    - foo bar 
    - furry bear
    - frosted brownie

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037

First Bastion

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

It's easy, I don't accept friend requests from anyone I don't know from somewhere outside of Facebook, and certainly not to anyone "new to me". I have work pages that represent my various businesses, hobbies etc (one such is in the link below), and people are encouraged to visit and "like" those pages - it all helps increase visibility of my store and encourages me to make more stuff. They don't track back to "me" - you won't see "It's TangoAlpha's birthday today" messages, or (heaven forbid) pictures of my breakfast/view from the hotel/medical photos of my latest injury/next door's cat etc. And I don't have to endure the same from random strangers.

And as an added bonus, you'll see renders of my next set on Facebook a lot sooner than you'll see them here (applies to DA too to some extent, although I'm still feeling my war around there).

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

Hmmm.  Do you now get my baseball updates?

It's easy, I don't accept friend requests from anyone I don't know from somewhere outside of Facebook, and certainly not to anyone "new to me". I have work pages that represent my various businesses, hobbies etc (one such is in the link below), and people are encouraged to visit and "like" those pages - it all helps increase visibility of my store and encourages me to make more stuff. They don't track back to "me" - you won't see "It's TangoAlpha's birthday today" messages, or (heaven forbid) pictures of my breakfast/view from the hotel/medical photos of my latest injury/next door's cat etc. And I don't have to endure the same from random strangers.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

With My Job Facebook is taboo.

What's baseball?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

it's what abbott and costello play

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

baseball......... frrrrrrt.... smiley

Cricket, which needs to be explained in simple terms..

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

What's baseball?

Do you remember that game called rounders, whcih we used to play at school?   

My husband gets all weird when people compare cricket and baseball... hey, they are games with a ball and a stick and screwed up scoring!

Yes, we play rounders even now. You can do it in a smaller space than softball!

It's odd how all the games that Brits invented, they now do not do very well with them. Cricket, Rugby, Football... hmmm.

frown Silene

SileneUK said:

My husband gets all weird when people compare cricket and baseball... hey, they are games with a ball and a stick and screwed up scoring!

Yes, we play rounders even now. You can do it in a smaller space than softball!

It's odd how all the games that Brits invented, they now do not do very well with them. Cricket, Rugby, Football... hmmm.

frown Silene

Trouble is that now league anything, be it rugby, cricket or soccer, is now a big money thing.  So league teams are full of non British players.  So when it comes round to selecting a national team, for international contests  we suddenly find we haven't spent enough time nurturing home grown talent, and instead have teams full of international so called "superstars" that cost stupid money to maintain and don't do the actual national team any good whatsoever.

Chohole said:
    SileneUK said:

Trouble is that now league anything, be it rugby, cricket or soccer, is now a big money thing.  So league teams are full of non British players.  So when it comes round to selecting a national team, for international contests  we suddenly find we haven't spent enough time nurturing home grown talent, and instead have teams full of international so called "superstars" that cost stupid money to maintain and don't do the actual national team any good whatsoever.

Exactly... you nailed it! yes S

FB  Footy Ball  smiley

Stezza said:

baseball......... frrrrrrt.... smiley

Cricket, which needs to be explained in simple terms..

Cricket: As explained to a foreigner...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

college fraternity paddle?  smiley

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

It's a shame that Americans and Brits speak a different language!

when the Road Warrior came out in the states, the movie was dubbed.

i was like, don't they speak Anglais in Australia?  
    couldn't figure out why they felt a need to dub it

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited April 2017

Road Warrior?

Oh.. you mean Mad Max ( the proper title )

The Americans dubbed it and changed the title as they don't like the Aussie accent and thought the American audience wouldn't understand what a Mad Max was lol

they wanted to do the same with Crocodile Dundee but Hoges told them to shove it... yes

Post edited by Stezza on

Whilst we are posting videos, have you seen Misty's re-do of her 7 steps to G3 heaven videos?  The clothes part in the later vids is very very helpful and all of the steps have been refined and add to the experience of using Janette and Johnathon. She also explains WHY things do and don't work in Carrara, so you are not flying 'blind'. 

Cheers, Misty! heart Silene

This starts as the first vid:

thanks!