Someone has developed a Character Preset to allow Carrara users to use Genesis 3 ?

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Diomede, beautiful gal! Maybe I have to go and purchase Hinata dress..?

edited March 2017

Here is G3-cupid with default Eddie's skin: Carrara native (1) and Octane (2) versions.

Cupid22.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 188K
    Cupid Eddie01.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 159K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 322

Impressive results, cool!

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270

Would someone mind passing me the top secret info as to where the preset/addon/whatever is?  While I don't have much for Genesis 3 (I have a ton for V4, G1 and G2 hence haven't found a reason get much for it), my couriesty is piqued.  :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

@dbdigital2 - I have sent you a private message. 

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270

Thanks!

• I'd love to know more about this, since I haven't been using Carrara much since I made the leap to genesis 3 and would love to be able to use them in my favorite 3d program

Check your messages, Joe.

Also, the Carrara forum at that other site, which may rhyme with monstrosity, but may not, has a couple of related threads that may be helpful. 

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited April 2017

Thank you Diomede,

I was able to give it a try and this is the first result.

It uses the "Darius 7" morphs and textures, "Classic Trenchcoat for Genesis 3 Male(s)" and "Diesel Hair for Genesis 3 Male(s) & Female(s)". I then applied a Genesis 3 aniblock that I converted to a NLA clip.

Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970

Nice video, Joe!   It's great to see people coming along now and working with G3.

THANK YOU AGAIN, MISTY!  heart

I have bought MORE stuff for G3... wanted to get my 'stable' of morphs and expressions loaded so they are available in Carrara to work with Misty's Janette and Johnathon. Been very busy but will get back to G3 character 'development' this week!

yes Silene

+1

SileneUK said:

Nice video, Joe!   It's great to see people coming along now and working with G3.

THANK YOU AGAIN, MISTY!  heart

• algovincianalgovincian Posts: 2,591
    edited April 2017

. please ignore

Post edited by algovincian on
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Thank you Misty - you have done a huge service to the whole Carrara community!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Ty

is fun stuff 

• I tried a quick test with Mimic Pro for Carrara and a "Toon Generations 2  Female for Genesis 3" figure rendered with "LuxusCore Carrara"

cute poet smiley

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited April 2017

I had to try an experiment with Mimic Pro for Carrara, Mr. Bear and Son for Genesis 3 Male(s) and Carrara hair.  It's something that I could never have done in DAZ Studio :)

Post edited by Joepingleton on
    edited April 2017

Oh he reminds me of the Mueller Rice bear remix advert!    cheeky Silene

Post edited by SileneUK on

Great work Joe!

There's 16 of us now, G3 in Carrara ????

Hoping some of this makes it into the Demo Reel project 

edited April 2017

OK, here's a comparison line-up.  Two on left are G2... two on right are G3 !!  

I have never had such fun trying to build expressions. But I think my 'team' are fed up if you go by their current expressions.

The Neanderthal on far left was mostly built by creating face morphs in Zbrush via DS vs doing them in Carrara which is too difficult and not very precise. So I might keep that one as it took so long to do. But the new one was dead easy to whip up in G3.

By having G3's higher level of facial bones/morphs, I get more face morphs that have to do with angle and depth of the forehead, mid-face and jaw. Very important!  So thanks again Misty. yesheart

Now I need to start working on transferring more characters from G1 and G2 over to G3. The skin tones are not HD, as it's for kids to see, so am not going for that effect.  I just read about the Uncanny Valley thingy recently. Creepy!  surprise Silene

1.png
    1500 x 484 - 936K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Nice work SileneK, that right side Neanderthal certainly does it for me.

OT been really enjoing listening to this series of lectures as I drive to work and back https://diyscholar.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/a-great-anthropology-class-returns/

head wax said:

+1

Silene, a good header for Facebook.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

I'd like to see ball joint girl with your Neaderthal person :)

edited April 2017
    head wax said:

OT been really enjoing listening to this series of lectures as I drive to work and back https://diyscholar.wordpress.com/2010/01/15/a-great-anthropology-class-returns/

Thanks, all!  The morph dials for my Neanderthal does involve purchasing some morphs/expressions. But having them has made doing it so dead easy in G3. 

The hard part is that the morphs and shapes and expressions for G2 and even between the sexes in G2 are different. G1 is even more different. So it's a faff for a while to see how to get the equivalent morphs. I bought UltraGenesis 2/3 very cheap and ULTRAGENESIS: Faces of G to speed up morphig and expressions/ageing etc. and am not sure if I am using it correctly on the female I am working on but maybe it will help. Will post if it does.

The second product was reviewed on this thread:   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/2255851/#Comment_2255851

Knittingmommy said:  A lot of character and morph products work really well on the base even if they are listed for a specific character.  They won't look exactly like the promo if you don't use the required product but you can get some really nice results that way.  

I don't have Karen or Eva either, and am going to give it a go as I need ageing for my characters. Fingers crossed!

Andy, that looks interesting. And I was particularly interested in her Homer lecture! yes Silene

officially 19 of us naos smiley

MistyRara said:

I would have expected more.

PhilW said:
    MistyRara said:

I would have expected more.