edited May 2020

Fantasy Vicky

Kay 1 Topaz FotSketch.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,931
    Bunyip02 said:

Mech

this one is one of my favourites - the pencil effect is very err.. effective :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,938
    Headwax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Mech

this one is one of my favourites - the pencil effect is very err.. effective :)

Thanks - combination of a number of pencil filters !

edited May 2020

Dragon

DragonSub WaldronPark 1 Topaz TopImpress.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,251

Very cool!

Very cool!

Thanks !!

Hey Bunyip02, wonderful to see your works! You have been flying the flag for ages, thanks :)

Here's one from me

"Elf King with Sick Rabbit."

I know, looks like he is taking the rabbit's temperature...

Headwax said:

Is that why he's got a grimace on his face ?

Lovely render, hope you have more lined up !!!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    Headwax said:

and the other rabbits look nervous... lol

(great illustrative effect, btw)

--ms

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited May 2020

Messing with npr shaders.

Doc2.png
    1300 x 1300 - 566K
    Post edited by Vyusur on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Headwax said:

Wow, the textures are just insane.  Are you are using the hair room to get those ultrafine lines?

I'm looking at it in complete wonder.

Vyusur said:

Very nice Vyusur !!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

Very nice Vyusur !!!

+1

Diomede said:
    Bunyip02 said:
    Vyusur said:

Very nice Vyusur !!!

+1

Thank you Bunyip and Ted!

Bunyip02 said:
    Headwax said:

Is that why he's got a grimace on his face ?

Lovely render, hope you have more lined up !!!

ahh yes did my gardening duties today now for some udder fun :)

mindsong said:
    Headwax said:

and the other rabbits look nervous... lol

(great illustrative effect, btw)

--ms

ha ha yes they do look nervous :) thanks too :)

Vyusur said:

terrific effect with the way the line varies in thickness - gives those lost and found edges

Headwax said:

Wow, the textures are just insane.  Are you are using the hair room to get those ultrafine lines?

thanks Ub :) I think the lines you are reffering to are from a coverage pass - see if I can dig it up - 

here it is ,, you can it falls down when the plants are just transmapped on planes - you get a square object - those plants also make it difficult to use the obj render pass for isolation

I used the coverage pass towards the end (mutiply parameter) after I had mafe the perhperal parts of the imafe lighter with a water colour texture I made in filter forge

Could have use toon pro too for the outlines  - cheers from here - thanks for the kind compliment :)

other ways of getting lines are using a line plugin (eg topaz simplify) on a shadow pass or a normal pass 

genesisElfKingLessStilllMorphNoFogs_Coverage.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
    genesisElfKingLessStilllMorphNoFogs_Normal.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited June 2020
    Headwax said:
    Vyusur said:

terrific effect with the way the line varies in thickness - gives those lost and found edges

Thank you for your kind words Andrew! Dynamic disappearing line is exactly what I am looking for.smiley

Post edited by Vyusur on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Headwax said:
    Headwax said:

thanks Ub :) I think the lines you are reffering to are from a coverage pass - see if I can dig it up - 

here it is ,, you can it falls down when the plants are just transmapped on planes - you get a square object - those plants also make it difficult to use the obj render pass for isolation

I used the coverage pass towards the end (mutiply parameter) after I had mafe the perhperal parts of the imafe lighter with a water colour texture I made in filter forge

Could have use toon pro too for the outlines  - cheers from here - thanks for the kind compliment :)

other ways of getting lines are using a line plugin (eg topaz simplify) on a shadow pass or a normal pass 

Over my head, but thanks for trying!

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

interesting workflow with the passes - a lot more going on than meets the eye. I also noticed that intricate background. Very cool.

but...

What I really want to know is what you were drinking when you wrote the third line of that description.

I want some.

:)

--ms

edited June 2020

SAAB Viggen

Saab Viggen 1 Topaz FiltForge FotSketch.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited June 2020

Never tackled NPR before but am being blown away with some of the images on this thread.

Got the FotoSketcher App and applied some pencil filter to image I rendered dome time back.

Model is USS Minnesota from Chris's WW2 ships and the ocean is a terraine shader I made used on Orca's Ocean. The bow "spray" is a vlumetric cloud.

Think I might be hooked on making more NPR though now its a case of what filters? Carrara can do a lot out of the box and then there are the GMIC filters to play with.

What versions of FilterForge are folks using ?. Basic is on sale for $29  [ 80% off]  and Pro for $79 which includes bump, diffuse, normal and other map editing

Recommendations ?

Minnesota Orca Ocean 1_Pencil5.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 587K
    Post edited by 0oseven on
    0oseven said:

Never tackled NPR before but am being blown away with some of the images on this thread.

Got the FotoSketcher App and applied some pencil filter to image I rendered dome time back.

Model is USS Minnesota from Chris's WW2 ships and the ocean is a terraine shader I made used on Orca's Ocean. The bow "spray" is a vlumetric cloud.

Think I might be hooked on making more NPR though now its a case of what filters? Carrara can do a lot out of the box and then there are the GMIC filters to play with.

What versions of FilterForge are folks using ?. Basic is on sale for $29  [ 80% off]  and Pro for $79 which includes bump, diffuse, normal and other map editing

Recommendations ?

Looking good !!!

In addition to Filter Forge 9 Pro I also use FotoSketcher, Dynamic Auto-Painter, PhotoDonut, & Topaz Studio. Will often combine them to get a look I am after.

With Filter Forge in addition to using the Creative Effects, I also use many of the Textures on the models in my scenes.

edited June 2020

Giving Aiko 3 a bit of love !

Aiko3 1 Topaz TopImpress.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Bunyip02 said:

Giving Aiko 3 a bit of love !

lovely romantic glow :) 

0oseven said:

Recommendations ?

terrific render Ooseven  - looks just like a pencil sketch :)

Fotosketcher is a wonderful tool. Here's a tip that may help (or might not!!!)

Make a new layer in your image - fill it with neutral grey - then copy that and take it into fotosketcher (so it's just a grey image)

hjit it with the pencil effect - copy the result- take it back into photoshop and use the overlay paremeter and adjust opacity to taste - 

then make a copy of that grey layer (still with overlay parameter)  - flip it horizontally and adjust opacity to taste - gives a good pencil effect with slightly more user control - most of the time :)

I have filter forge 7 but I rarely use it Photodonut and Topaz Impression are my usual go tos  - Photodonut is a little pricy (at the moment) though compared to Filter Forge 

simple carrara terrain , grass is hair with lots of kink and the top thicker than the bottomn - the moon is a sphere with 1000 percent dialed up in the colour channel - fog and sky by carrara fog and sky - birds and rain by ron - postwork - tone mapping in affinity pro and painterly effect custom filter with topaz impression - render is 4000 pixels if you click 

Headwax said:
    Headwax said:

Over my head, but thanks for trying!

sorry , I'm sure it's not over your head though! just my muddy explications :)

mindsong said:

interesting workflow with the passes - a lot more going on than meets the eye. I also noticed that intricate background. Very cool.

but...

What I really want to know is what you were drinking when you wrote the third line of that description.

I want some.

:)

--ms

ha ha thanks ah I just read that , I have a tendency to not drinkj enough by the look of it!

This discussion has been closed.