Carrara Non Photo Realistic Works

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    Headwax said:

simple carrara terrain , grass is hair with lots of kink and the top thicker than the bottomn - the moon is a sphere with 1000 percent dialed up in the colour channel - fog and sky by carrara fog and sky - birds and rain by ron - postwork - tone mapping in affinity pro and painterly effect custom filter with topaz impression - render is 4000 pixels if you click 

any more realistic and I think the kinky grass would've been distracting, but in the NPR context I think it becomes abstracted and symbolic - and the kinks actually add to the strength of the image. That's kind of neat. I very-much like the rain/cloud/moon/color choices too.

--ms

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,931

thanks very much mindsong :) the grass too0k a little tweaking - at first it was really angular - then I upped up the segments per guide - well I think I did :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,938
    Headwax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Giving Aiko 3 a bit of love !

lovely romantic glow :) 

Thanks !!

Headwax said:

simple carrara terrain , grass is hair with lots of kink and the top thicker than the bottomn - the moon is a sphere with 1000 percent dialed up in the colour channel - fog and sky by carrara fog and sky - birds and rain by ron - postwork - tone mapping in affinity pro and painterly effect custom filter with topaz impression - render is 4000 pixels if you click 

Love the composition of this one, can just imagine those birds flying offscreen !!

edited June 2020

More Aiko love !

Aiko3 2 Topaz FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited June 2020

Final one for this series of Aiko Love-Fest !!

Aiko3 3 Topaz FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,861

keep 'em coming

best part of the day is going through all the ways your images turn out using different methods yes

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited June 2020

Suddenly remembered i have Hitfilm4 with many effects for video but can use these on stills.This one first  added glow and colour in HF then Pencil in FotoSketcher.Quite like the result 

which can be varied endlessly so eventually you have to settle on one don't you ! wink Original for comparison.

HF ArtDecer Test_FotoSketcher.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 345K
    Gen Spot Iimage Gel 2.png
    960 x 720 - 326K
    Post edited by 0oseven on
    Stezza said:

keep 'em coming

best part of the day is going through all the ways your images turn out using different methods yes

Thanks, usually do at least one render a day, don't post all of them as some are just muckaround to see how things work out !

0oseven said:

Suddenly remembered i have Hitfilm4 with many effects for video but can use these on stills.This one first  added glow and colour in HF then Pencil in FotoSketcher.Quite like the result 

which can be varied endlessly so eventually you have to settle on one don't you ! wink Original for comparison.

Having lots of options does cause the problem of which one to apply !

Hope you are a regular poster in NPR now !!

edited June 2020

Gnasher

Gnasher 1 Topaz FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Bunyip02 said:

Gnasher

that's one of your bestest - love the style - wonder what it would look like without shadows (or less shadows?)

what software did you use on this?

Bunyip02 said:
    Headwax said:

ah thanks!

Bunyip02 said:
    Headwax said:

Love the composition of this one, can just imagine those birds flying offscreen !!

0oseven said:

which can be varied endlessly so eventually you have to settle on one don't you ! wink Original for comparison

great result - all combined perfectly

edited June 2020
    Headwax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Gnasher

that's one of your bestest - love the style - wonder what it would look like without shadows (or less shadows?)

Thanks !!!

For the postwork I used Topaz Adjust to bring out the colours & detail, then Filter Forge - Old paper effect by Diaor. Adjusted the Filter Forge image to about 80% on top of the Topaz Adjust image.

I have also been experimenting with different Filter Forge textures for the Terrain shaders, used Alien Stones by A.K.

Sky & Lighting  was Tim Payne Lightdomes & Skies Vol.2

Critter is the Gnasher https://www.daz3d.com/gnasher

Edit - didn't save the scene so would have to rebuild it to check differences with the shadows

edited June 2020

Spider Mech

SpiderMech 1 Topaz Pic2Painting.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
  • mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    Bunyip02 said:

Spider Mech

oooh - the 'body' of the mech - kind of a toony/fresnel effect - that is *very* cool!

(the scene w the 'pilot' and skies, etc. are great, btw)

--ms

mindsong said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Spider Mech

oooh - the 'body' of the mech - kind of a toony/fresnel effect - that is *very* cool!

(the scene w the 'pilot' and skies, etc. are great, btw)

--ms

Thanks !!

edited June 2020

Thought I would try a landscape from scratch, grass terrain shader needs a bit more work. Howie's vegetation.

Adjusted the grass terrain shader, happier with the result !

Landscape 1 Topaz TopImpress.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    Landscape 1b Topaz TopImpress.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088
    edited June 2020

Havent had a Xerr in a while.

xerrrrrrr npr.jpg
    1600 x 1038 - 741K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Great render - good to see the Xerr still getting some love !!!

edited June 2020

Aussie Oasis

Aussie Oasis 1 Topaz FotSketch.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    edited June 2020

Lonely Troll

Critter Troll Mountain X 1 Topaz FiltForge.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M

Thanks for the comment, Bunyip.

Troll needs a hug.  Hope you've got a suitable copanion in your runtime.  

I could use an oasis about now.  Looks like a tranquil pond.

edited June 2020

Just a conversation shot.

bb02 convo filtered.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

you sure you didn't draw that Tedwink

Bunyip02 said:
    Headwax said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Gnasher

Thanks !!!

For the postwork I used Topaz Adjust to bring out the colours & detail, then Filter Forge - Old paper effect by Diaor. Adjusted the Filter Forge image to about 80% on top of the Topaz Adjust image.

I have also been experimenting with different Filter Forge textures for the Terrain shaders, used Alien Stones by A.K.

Sky & Lighting  was Tim Payne Lightdomes & Skies Vol.2

Critter is the Gnasher https://www.daz3d.com/gnasher

Edit - didn't save the scene so would have to rebuild it to check differences with the shadows

thanks for the lowdown on that !

Diomede said:

Just a conversation shot.

great effect and viewpoint Ted - any clues into how you made this - the sepia is very effective

Bunyip02 said:

Lonely Troll

ha ha yes the troll does need a hug!

Diomede said:

another great texture/style effect

Bunyip02 said:

Aussie Oasis

that swan adds an interesting naeive effect - a lot like colonial artists

I was out in our backyard oasis t'other day with the missus admiring the kale when my wife said "og God take a look at  that huge snake," - so I'm looking around for a 4 foot black snake on the ground somewhere, couldnt see one until the missus told me itr was in the phildendron.

Snake was about 14 foot long, body as thick as my neck - carper pythong luckily, but I felt l;ike I was in the amazon - 

Makes going down to check the veggies mor exciting now....

This discussion has been closed.