MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114

Thank you. :)

edited July 2017

These next two renders were done using this freebie V4 character named Doll by Reciecup.

I'm not sure where you can get this character now. I acquired her years ago back in Reciecup's store, "RenderCandy" which now seems like it's defunct. She is quite nice, however I wasn't fond of her thin eyebrows. Not to mention they were a bit asymmetrical (shifted to the left). But I edited the texture for my own personal use.

This first one is on V4 herself. Her hair is Melody Hair and her outfit is Summer Halter Dress. The jewelery is from Jewels of the Orient, and parts of the dress and hair jewels were shaded to match with the included shaders.

This second one is GenX'ed to Genesis 1. She has Jade Hair for Genesis, the umbrella is from April Showers for Genesis Female but with added yellow diffuse, the top is from Rave Girl for Aiko 5, and the bottoms are from the Kids 4 Basic Wear that comes free with DS. They're both shaded with the Jeans and Tees shaders because I like them. Also, not sure but the light set comes from FWSA Serena HD.

V4Doll.jpg
    600 x 724 - 83K
    GenesisDoll.jpg
    1200 x 1321 - 874K
    Post edited by MimicMolly on
    edited August 2017

I am still experimenting with the skin texture I'm trying to make for my own personal use. (As mentioned in these past three posts [x], [x] and [x].) I am happy with the diffuse, now comes the hard part of figuring out how to make the bump maps and normal maps using nothing but GIMP since my laptop can't run Blender or the trial Blacksmith 3D. Anyway, as for the skin itself, I have no particular theme going for it other than making it my canvas and using it to paint random makeups that I like. Any suggestions for what to fix or other styles I should try to replicate are welcome. :D

For the following post I will use my character Carly (Carlota) as the test model (from the third texture link) and yes, this skin texture is more or less intended for her. Right now I'm using the default Aiko 5 skin for her but I don't like the shape of the eyebrows or the fact that the nails are painted and there's no unpainted version. Carly also uses the Aiko 5 shape mixed in there somewhere. (I still don't get why people dislike A5, she's my favorite. But then again, I have a habit of liking things others don't care for.)

Makeups: 

The two from the top are from the Dawn figure herself. So are the eyecolors. The bottom two are random fantasy makeups. The green/heterochromia eyes was one I saw a while back and have been wanting to replicate the look. The yellow one is based on a character I drew's makeup...or at least something similar. It was rather strange but it looked fitting, so it's just me trying to replicate that look.

IDK why the lacrimal showed up but it didn't bother the look of my test renders. Her hair in this render is Charm Hair. I should really try to recreate the illustrated character, but it requires for me to model the headdress and outfit...although I could probably use that Bast outfit but it's not quite the same. 

Okay, now for a full-body render of Carly with the A5 textures. She is very pear-shaped. I used the clothes, puppet, and set from Just Jokin'. I love the green outfit (it's in my favorite shade) but it didn't get shown in the promos, only the puppet. :')

MakeUpTest.jpg
    1000 x 1100 - 243K
    Untitled4.jpg
    950 x 1045 - 271K
    Other.jpg
    550 x 550 - 124K
    edited August 2017

I transferred Star 2.0 for Genesis 3 Female to Genesis one. I put the Sadie skin texture from Sadie and Sam for Genesis on her and used one of the Sadie and Sam Hairstylz hairs. Her outfit is Scifi Bunny for Genesis with one of the add-on textures. I don't remember where the gun is from and the set is something from Rendo.

The only problems I had with this transfer were distortions in the nose, so I used the "realistic" nose morphs that came with both Hitomi and Hiro 5 to cover it up. This is why she has a button nose now. The character in the back is Jason for Genesis, I think or at least just his hair. Not sure about the outfit...Yeah. This is actually quite dark if you think about it too much. RIP 

MissionAccomplished.jpg
    600 x 660 - 104K
    edited August 2017

Speaking of G3F, here's a render with her (Olympia 7) and G3M (Leo 7). This surprised me since I had trouble rendering generation 7 figures but I guess an update fixed that. :D

She's wearing Effortless Cool for Genesis Male with the Dark Storm pants and Char Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s). He's wearing the Duckie for Genesis outfit plus the Lumberjack pants for GM2 that come free with DS. The reason for this was because most renders I've seen of them, mainly Olympia, tend to be more fantasy-oriented, which is understanable since both of them are supposed to be the Greek mythology-inspired characters. I just wanted them in more casual clothes. XD

*EDIT: Like people had said his body morph scales. So here he was scaled down to 95%. I forget how tall Olympia is, but she's her regular height. I think it may be a bit smaller than the base G3F, but I don't remember.

Oly and Leo.jpg
    660 x 727 - 151K
    edited August 2017

However, as I was rendering the pic in the previous post, I decided to play around more with Leo 7. I got him, Guy 7, and Gianni 7 (the "base figures" of them) couple of weeks ago in the Fast Grab for a little more than $5 each. O_o 

Since I had Leo already on the scene, I decided to switch things up. Got rid of the outfit, the plain backdrop, and Olympia 7. XD

I decided to give him Pyrit Hair and make him wear ArtemisX for Genesis, because that outfit was clearly made to be worn by a male, IMHO. I think he's in The Filing Room, and the chair is from i13 Getting Ready - Room and Makeup. And yes, I did post work on this and the previous image because I wanted the colors to pop a little more.

Also, Leo reminds me a bit of this actor around the eyes. I knew he looked familiar but couldn't quite put my finger on it...

Although I'd need to have headmorphs for G3M to try it out, since I think Leo would be a great base for him...or I could GenX Leo to Genesis 1, since I have the most morphs for that figure and see if I could do something...

LeoX.jpg
    825 x 909 - 295K
    Untitled4.jpg
    600 x 380 - 51K
    edited September 2017

This is a random Fantasy render I did with Genesis 1 characters. Basically an Orc and what was supposed to be like this elf-like creature which was actually part-human/part-bovine. I couldn't figure out how to keep the ear morphs without distorting the hair. (Before I would select the hair and zero the unwanted morphs but I couldn't for some reason.) So I ended up giving her a zebra-colored outfit with hooves and a harvesting tool so you could still tell she was meant to be some sort of cow-woman.

They are in DMs Anardhaus and the table is from that set too.

Her outfit, hair. and accessories, etc. (Plus screenshot of the more notable morphs I used, except NGM for Genesis Female and other body morps):

He was more simple to make. I really want a nice and proper Genesis 1 orc morph. I knw of one by DarioFish from Rendo. I need to pick it up one of these days.

I'm surprised how nice he turned out depite using less morphs to shape him. But then again, he was like an afterthought to complete the scene.  As for her, it was originally an attempt to see how good Olympia 7 would look as Genesis 1. But then I threw in some ethnic morphs for her to look better with the skin. Somehow she looks a bit more like a Stephanie-based character and that's great too!

This has been postworked in GIMP and rendered with 3Delight.

LQandOrc.jpg
    1103 x 753 - 284K
    Livestock_Queen.png
    845 x 550 - 572K
    RandomORC.png
    845 x 551 - 547K
  • You've done some really things with these! 

I really love the render using Carly 5 and the joker set, its really lovely!

You've done some really things with these! 

I really love the render using Carly 5 and the joker set, its really lovely!

Thank you so much! X3

edited November 2017

For these next three renders the concept was straightforward: Reby Sky for Genesis (at 100%) with Vanilla Sky textures. Since I don't have the original V4 Elite: Reby Sky. All of them are set in the Multiplane Cyclorama.

The first one, I did was her with Fantasy Ornaments for Genesis 2 Female(s)Desideria Hair, and the female sword from Defiant for Genesis.

The second one was just me messing around with Miss Fisher's Wardrobe Fabulous Dress for Genesis, which is no longer available. Her shoes are from the V5 Shoe Pack with the shaders that came with the dress and hat applied. Her hair is Pure Hair: Bubblegum.

Lastly, the third one is her rendered as the Fiery Genesis demo settings that come free with DS because why not? Her hair is a freebie by Propschick from Renderosity called "Merry Hair". However, I applied the red silk shaders from the Fabulous Dress to the scarf, hair ties, and shirt which is from Aven Clothing for Genesis. For a more dramatic effect I added a light orange color to the diffuse of the background. 

Not sure what I was trying to prove other than I can do whatever I please as long as my laptop can handle it.

Sword_and_the_Sky.jpg
    650 x 800 - 156K
    Camo.jpg
    1150 x 1861 - 2M
    FierySky.jpg
    650 x 800 - 153K
    edited November 2017

Here is "Carly 7", originally I just wanted to GenX her but perhaps due to the fact she's originally based on Aiko 5, there's always a distortion in her eyes. Like the eyes bluge out of the sides so I have to select them individually and scale them down to around 94% in order for her to look right. I feel like if I were to properly remake her, I'd have to redo her again using only GF3 morphs because another problem she has is that her shoulders and neck look strange. (As shown on these various skin tests.)

Speaking of skins, I'm too picky with her since most of the skins I have don't look exactly as I imagine the character to be. So far, Aiko 5 base skin is the closest I have found to this ideal light golden skin tone. I don't have many G3F skins, due to the fact they're currently unusable in Genesis 1. I think Mika 7 bse skin looks okay but I'm not satisfied with the look. I'm so used to fiddling around with the legacy skin settings that I'm not sure how I'd edit this for it to look perfect.

I think it could be done with further experimentation. If not, perhaps I can see if P3Design or Vyktohria have similar skins. (I like the thicker eyebrows they use on some of their characters, like on P3D Evi for Girl 7 or VYK Oxanna.) Any suggestions would be great too, I know I've missed some products here and at Renderosity. >_<

I also tried with the Victoria 7 and Olympia 7 base skins. Like Mika 7, the eyebrows are too thin but somehow they make her look a bit grumpy. Understandable, she doesn't look right at all.

Right now I'm in the process of remaking her using Mika 7 as the base. Other morphs I'm using are the usual Genesis 3 Female Head Morphs and 200 Plus - Head & Face Morphs for Genesis 3 Female(s). I know I still have a long way to go.

Although the original character preset (in Aiko 5 skin) is far from perfect, I'm trying to see if I could at least get the mouth right. Like many other people's "signature" characters I'm aware that they can change over time. I want to get Carly's face to look a bit rounder. I like her nose in the GF3 version, though it can always be more rounded. I'm aware this is tricky since a lot of the 7th and 8th generation characters have more angular faces. I miss the cute rounded faces based on Victoria 4 and Genesis 1. The problem, again is the GenX'ing since something about G3F messes up the eyes. (I don't have trouble with G2F by the way.)

As for Carly's body. I have found her easy to make with the Genesis 3 Female Body Morphs. As long as she is pear shaped, curvy hips a bit of a chubby tummy, thicker legs, and smaller breasts, I'm good. Sorry that I didn't make a sample render, perhaps in another post in this thread. XD

CarlyA5.jpg
    600 x 738 - 240K
    CarlyMi7.jpg
    600 x 738 - 229K
    CarlyO7.jpg
    600 x 738 - 236K
    CarlyV7.jpg
    600 x 738 - 233K
    Untitled.png
    600 x 389 - 216K

In regards to this previous post, I think I should try remaking the preset again if I ever get Girl 7 or Aiko 7. However, I got Mika 7 recently and noticed that her eyes were quite similar to the Genesis 1 character. I used several eye morphs for that but in this, I only changed the angle slightly and it looked nice.

Since I still prefer Genesis 1 and the softer toony looks, I never saw the urgency to get the generation 6 or 7 characters. (But I'll still get them whenever I see them.)

I have a preference for stylization, which is more obvious in my 2D art than these renders. Most of the newer figures don't seem very toony, so it feels like I'm not missing out on much.

I've still not used generation 8 yet but then my laptop is running out of space. So I would have to uninstall a couple of things if I wanted to try it out. I do have two generation 8 characters, but we won't be seeing them for a while...

Like I've mentioned before, if I could, I would try Iray. I've not downloaded DS 4.10 yet either. I have a feeling it won't run on my laptop which is increasingly getting old and outdated. I know I need a new one soon, since it doesn't want to connect to my drawing tablet or my scanner. But for right now, I'll make do.
    edited November 2017

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Here's two straightforward renders. Bascially mixing Cat Character and Hair with Nata for Genesis. (Full Nata morph with full Cat morph, but Nata's head dialed back -0.5.) Also added a slit pupil morph and "elfin" ears for cosmetic reasons. As much as I love this particular Nata morph (I also have Nata 3 for G3F), I don't like how it makes the nose look narrow and pinched but that can probably be remedied with basic nose morphs. In both renders shown, I have used poses that came with Nata.

Anyway, the idea came about when I saw a Vampirella outfit released in Renderosity for G3F (Vamps for Genesis 3 Females by RainbowLight) a couple of weeks ago. But there's already a freebie available on ShareCG (JG Vampi for G3F), which I already have. I think I should make my own patterened textures for it since I don't like the stretching around the breasts, as seen with the shader preset applied to it. 

This render was tricky because the lighting set I used called "Cotton Candy" which is included in Hitomi 3D Anime Girl for Genesis, made her skin a very weird gross salmon color. Fortunately, I was able to edit the skin texture settings to where her skin looked normal with these lights. Like in my Vanilla Reby Sky renders (which I forgot to mention), I had swapped out the original teeth texture with the basic ones from Dental Plan for Genesis because they are an off-white, natural color. I wanted to change the eye textures too because I think the sclera is too white, but it looked fine in the renders.

I had only planned to do one render with "Cata" but since I liked how she looked in the first one, I decided to make another with her wearing the Wicked Bolero and the Adrenaline Rush for Wicked Bolero textures. The problem with this render was that her lips came out too glossy for my liking but the render still looked okay. I don't know what I did because I didn't save either of these skin texture settings. But since I don't use the Cotton Candy lights very often, it's no big loss. Still lovely, regardless.

WildCata.jpg
    725 x 848 - 152K
    Cata.jpg
    725 x 848 - 198K
    edited December 2017

I can't find the thread now, but it was about female clothing that would work as male clothing. And the only one that I feel strongly about this, that is a bit unusual, is ArtemisX which is for Genesis and V3. Part of the outfit, in the groin area, looks like a codpiece to me and that's why I think it's adequate for a male. 

I had done this with Leo 7 before, but now a Freak4/Freak 5 based character (mostly with the F5 Guido head morph from Brutes, Bruisers, Thugs, and Tough Guys for Freak 5) is wearing it. Obviously, because Freak is very manly. His skin texture is Caleb for M4 & M5 by Phoenix1966, which is no longer available here but it's at Renderosity now. 

Because I could, a mandatory back shot with a bonus A3/A5 character, even though I forgot to give her a belt. Her skin is from Riley for Stephanie 5. Her hair is the SallyMae hair that comes in the Genesis Starter Essentials.

ArtemisX.jpg
    800 x 936 - 303K
    RedheadSoldier.jpg
    1000 x 1170 - 849K
    ImpressiveShot.jpg
    800 x 936 - 310K

Good news: Yesterday I got a new laptop, and everything runs very fast! So I'm going to see if I can try out Iray because I'm certain this laptop won't crash on a still render. Since this was a fresh install and everything. I'm using DS 4.10 as opposed to 4.9 on my other laptop.

Bad news: I can't nagivate through this DS because everything is positioned strangely and I can't even find the "uber Iray shader" that I wanted to use on a V4 hair. Even now, I can already tell that it's better for me to stick with 3Delight. So my next render on this laptop will probably 3Delight.

edited December 2017

Okay, this is my first Iray render. I probably should've used that Toulouse hair but I liked the Kawaii! - Ashley Hair for Victoria4 because it's cute. I still can't find the Iray shader. :/ The toony look doesn't fit with the image but I think the composition looks good overall. I just need to figure out my "style" for Iray.

The outfit is the Dark Storm outfit, at least parts of it. And as for the character herself, I used Gwennili HD for Victoria 7, a very over-hyped character that's supposedly very good. (At least what others have been saying about her.) I didn't get her until recently because of the discounts and the fact I wasn't really satisfied with the previous character I had purchased from that vendor -- Tara & Sachra HD for Victoria 7 (I only like the red demon skin, the horns, and tail to put it on other characters. I don't care for the shapes or the "human" skin.)

And yes, I think Gwennili great too. But she's not one of those characters that I felt I missed out on for not getting her sooner (and that's because I still like to use Genesis 1). So yes, just like everyone else, I recommend her to those who use G3F. Though I wish there was an update to the package that's her shapes (the scars mostly) for G8F to use. I might use her again, but with different morphs.

I didn't realize until just now, but she reminds me of the Suicide Squad Harley Quinn with that hair. With different textures, (and hopefully figuring out how to make them for Iray or what shaders to use with it) I can make her cosplay Harley...sort of.

Test Render.png
    886 x 950 - 1M
    edited December 2017

I did this other Iray render half an hour ago, and I finally located the uber shader. I hadn't installed it yet. blush

So it's basically Olympia 8 with the Goddess Minerva Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) and several of the default Iray shaders applied to it. The hair is Wynter Hair with the default uber shader applied to it and the default gold Iray shader. Yes, this is my first time actually using G8F because on my other computer I didn't have space to install Gen 8. I like G8F especially her expressions. What I dislike about Olympia 8 is her makeup because only shows up on the render. If I use her again, I'll put G3F textures on her because G8F ones are even more confusing to me. G1/V4 are the simplest ones. (I need to try them on with an Iray skin shader I got in the Fast Grab a while back.)

Test Render.png
    800 x 915 - 809K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Congrats on the new laptop!  My poor laptop is getting quite old as well, alhtough I do most of my rendering on my PC.  Its painful anymore when I try and do it on the laptop.  But, it still runs so no good excuse to replace it yet lol.

Looks like you have been quite busy! I really like the cat looking woman and just love the Artemis x on the male.  Looking forward to seeing how your new character comes along compared to the Genesis versiona

Congrats on the new laptop!  My poor laptop is getting quite old as well, alhtough I do most of my rendering on my PC.  Its painful anymore when I try and do it on the laptop.  But, it still runs so no good excuse to replace it yet lol.

Looks like you have been quite busy! I really like the cat looking woman and just love the Artemis x on the male.  Looking forward to seeing how your new character comes along compared to the Genesis versiona

Thank you!

I only had the one laptop because the previous one didn't want to run anymore. So now I have a new one that's an early Christmas gift. ×3

I think I would have to take the GenX'ed head into a modeling app or wait until I get Girl 7 or Aiko 7 as the toony base. And she's the easier one to convert. Her male companion, Martin, who I've not posted as of this reply, will be harder because he uses a PA shape (from Renderosity).

ArtemisX would be perfect if it had an alternate "flat-chested" UV. Even with bigger pecs it still looks a bit odd, especially in the 3/4 view.

edited December 2017

Slightly OT, but this new computer doesn't have all my "essential" Genesis 1 shapes installed in it yet.

However, since I don't want to install too many things on this new laptop I'm not going to download Gen 2. Mostly because it's my least favorite generation, despite it having the best male shapes and textures (the "base" characters mostly having the best skins.) I think my problem is that I resent it due to how quickly lots of people abandoned Gen 1 when Gen 2 came out because the gender split was back. (Gen 2 to Gen 3 was very gradual in comparison.) And when I see items that supposedly support the previous generations, V5/M5 are always left out! (Like things that say they fit/are for V4, G2F, and G3F.) Also, the base figures take up a lot of memory and since I don't like to use them, their presence isn't justifiable.

It's worse because Gen 2 was a required bridge to use GenX 2 with so I could move G1 to G3. So what I plan to do is transfer over as many characters as I can (the heads) on my old laptop. And use these results in my new one. I won't use the bodies since those are easy to recreate with the Evolution morphs. I'll miss the non-base and non-V6/non-M6 textures.

As for G3 and G8, I'm conflicted. I really like G8's facial expressions, A-pose, and its bending but they're too similar to each other. G3 lucked out in that it's, sadly, the last GenX supported figure and I have more morphs for it. In the end, I don't want to feel like I'm wasting too much memory because of "duplicate" figures. That's why I feel bad for having both installed right now. >_<;

edited December 2017

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone!

I spent the evening trying to figure out skin settings for SAV Lynn, the G1 version. I was hoping that they'd be improved with Iray settings because I never liked the default 3Delight version. Even in the artist product promos they had this odd gray/green tinge to it with weird brown stripes. Not sure how to describe it, but here's the previous post with him. I used the JM HumanShader for Iray, because that's the only human skin Iray shader I have at the moment and it works for my needs so far. (All of these renders have the exact same default light settings because IDK what I'm doing.)

Not sure what I did, other than try to play around with the colors so they'd come close Lenny Kravitz's skin tone but I'm very satisfied with the results so far. I admit, the only skin surfaces I'm good at editing are generation 4 and G1; the legacy settings or whatever they're called. G2 is complicated and G3/G8 are more confusing. So here is a render of his bearded face up close.

Here is another full body render of him with the full shaped apply. The other G1 is David 3 shape in full. Both are wearing the M5 briefs that come with M5.

Finally, this was supposed to be a random profile pic but I think I came close to that supposed realism many of the Iray users seem to strive for. He's not exactly profile, slightly turned towards the camera because I think that's a natural reaction to getting photographed. XD

And also, did I mention he's my favorite character? I had transferred him over, but that's another render for another day. X3

LynnFace.png
    800 x 915 - 838K
    Lynn_and_D3.png
    1000 x 1144 - 1M
    Untitled2.jpg
    1000 x 1100 - 190K

Since I'm still trying to move things around, here is an old render I did of Carly's male companion/SO named Martin. He's the small one and the tall one is basically just default Genesis with the Julie 5 textures. (Originally, this was done to just show how small he is compared to the DAZfigures. He's supposed to be like 5'5". Carly is obviously smaller than him at 5'0".)

The main shapes used for Martin are M5, H5 or H3, and a PA character from Renderosity -- SAV Alpha Male M5. I think the last one was the one that gave his face its distinct shape. Martin has this softer "Ken doll" look to him that I just don't see in PA characters. (The pretty boy male characters tend to have narrow, angular faces, and small eyes. While it is realistic it doesn't match the idealized female characters.) Really, I have no idea what I did to make him look like that. I have to go back and check once I finally stop procratinating and download all my essential G1 morphs, including the freebies.

Not sure if I should just try to remake him with G3M. I do have Guy 7 which, I think, nails his toonylook and and the DO head morphs. For his skin, I tend to use Axel International M5 though I's love to see how he looks like with Kimo 7. (Martin is supposed to have a scar on the right side of his face, neck, and shoulder but that's like something custom I have to do, so it's easier for me just to pretend his skin is nice.) His hair is Elven Hair for Genesis, but with parts hidden and the diffuse changed. Though, I want to see how he'd look like with Portia Hair 2 because he's supposed to have like short wavy/curlish hair but whever I finally get around to purchasing it and not having the hair on my wishlist. XD

Other credits, default G1's shirt is from Odd Wear, the belt and pants are from the Genesis Journeyer Scout (free in DS4) with shaders applied. Genesis' hair is Pure Hair: Nightlife for Genesis but with custom textures. Martin's necklace is from Lycan Hunter. I don't remember what his pants are.

edited January 2018

Another character I will try to make tomorrow, hopefully, will be a "new" one for G3M. That way I can see if I could transfer his head/face over to G8M. Start off the New Year fresh, right? He's supposed to be a half-elf Devoted Cleric from Neverwinter Online that I made and play as, named Rauli Debesis. He looks like this...

...Which isn't really close to how I've grown to envision the character to be. (I think it's just me, but he looks like Chris Pine and that wasn't my intention though I'm not sure if I should just go with it.) I keep telling myself I'm going to draw him but I never do. XD Not sure how the trends change, but when I first tried DS back in 2012-ish a lot of people wanted to use DS to make their "toons" or other RP characters. Though I think that trend still continues and this is certainly no different. But as a Genesis character, he's obviously going to have better detailing than he possibly could in the game.

Anyway, in the round the clock Black Friday sales, I managed to snatch the Elite Texture Bundle: Stratton and Katie for free. Actually, there were other free Elite textures too and I was so glad my odd sleep cycle woke me up at just the right times to get wonderful things...except for the couple of times where there wasn't anything I liked because I already owned the best from that rotation. And you know what? The Stratton skin is practically perfect for my character. Even the eyebrows are like the perfect shade of blondish. Fortunately, I have both the G3M and G8M Legacy M4 UVs by Cayman Studios, so I can use the textures regardless. I just have to make them .DUF which I did for 3Delight. Here is a random character and M5 next to him with the skin applied. (Done in Iray with the skin shader from the previous post. Hairs are Wild Mane and Armani hairs. Yes, I know it needs tweaking, so it can have that warmer look as the original.)

But here's the thing, the texture is "practically" perfect and that's because there is only one flaw and that's the fact he has a tattoo and no "tattoo off" option. I didn't know and it doesn't show in the previews because briefs just happen to cover it. (The product description make no mention of it.) So that's why he's wearing the Troll for Genesis loincloth so you can see it. I don't recall seeing this mentioned anywhere, but I'll see if I can edit it away with GIMP, so it could have a no tattoo option. Here's a close-up of the tattoo rendered in 3Delight.

The skin looks exactly as shown in the promos with simple lighting. His eyes are also hazel/gray, blue, and green. I like it. I need to see the other Elite textures I have too. They probably look just as great as this.

Untitled.jpg
    520 x 504 - 95K
    SampleStratton.png
    800 x 880 - 671K
    StrattonTattoo.png
    800 x 880 - 1015K
    edited January 2018

Okay, I tried to make Rauli with Guy 7 as the "base" I think dialed at 15% at most but it is still very noticeable. (I mean, isn't this what a "base" is supposed to be?) I did these in Iray which seems faster in my new laptop. G3M next to him for comparison.

To make him, I used HFS Fantasy Shapes for Genesis 3 Male(s), Genesis 3 Male Head Morphs, The Guy 7, and Genesis 3 Male Body Morphs

He still needs to be refined. I don't think I got his body right either since he's supposed to be curvy...sort of bulky but not overly muscular and "soft" looking. He's not a warrior, despite being played as an adventurer. Also, I need to do a proper Iray setting for his skin. It looks the same as G3M's skin except without the facial hair.

Profiel.png
    800 x 880 - 830K
    Fat_Elf.jpg
    800 x 880 - 269K
    edited January 2018

Finally, a quick render of Sakura 8. IDK why the background didn't want to appear, so I edited a reflection texture.

And yes, she's my favorite base figure because she's exactly what I expect from a base figure -- comes with multiple morphs and other neat stuff. But then, I was probably spoiled by generation 5, where most of the base figures (except poor A5) came with a couple of head morphs, body morphs and a pose set included with just the base figure. Gen 8 feels stripped down, in terms of offerings, but these sales are good. I wanted stuff from the Keiko and Callie bundles, so I caved in...just like for Monique and Darius.

I know I should've posted this in the Sakura 8 thread but meh...I don't like how people insist on rendering Sakura 8 with "realistic" textures. It looks so wrong. I wish I had some lineart shaders to do her justice but I'm not sure which are good or easier to use. I personally like the CGI style of Houseki no Kuni (shown) or other stuff I've seen with MikuMikuDance.

Draw.png
    800 x 880 - 953K
    edited January 2018

Here is a quick "unfinished" render of Owen 8 who, in my opinion, looks like I would've expected Michael 8 to look. I don't have Michael 8 and I'm not sure if I should get him since Owen is close-enough. I wasn't planning on getting Owen 8 but I wanted the Elijah 7 Pro Bundle and in these sales, it's like the third time he's come up. So I might as well...plus Kenji 7 was good too. Makes me want to go back and revisit Rauli. He needs to be cutiefied, so he could be exactly like I imagine him to be.

He's with the Wildmane Hair and a default tank top. His eyelashes are from Lashes Utilities for Genesis 2, 3, and 8.

Untitled2.jpg
    1024 x 1127 - 663K
    edited January 2018

Winter storm warnings yesterday and icy conditions today. So I decided to focus my artistic hobby on DS this afternoon. smiley

Today, I decided to try out Future Space Mother for V4, which I had purchased last year for like some insane discount, among other items, and I didn't use it until today. I think this was one of those RDNA items because there's no previews for it. I assumed it was just the headdress and the collar, that resembles Lotus from the game, Warframe. Turns out, I was sort of right; it's the headdress, collar, sleeves, and c-string? but all as one piece. It has no top, so if there were any old product renders, they were omitted. Just to be safe, I will be using String Bikini for Victoria 6 with matching diffuse colors (and diffuse maps removed) for modesty.

First up, here is a 3Delight render with Sayaka (Genesis 1 version) wearing this cosplay and bikini. This is how everything should look. I want to learn how to make this completely wearable for the Genesis characters. The autofit messes up the headdress' tubes!

Next, it's the Iray version with Victoria 7 (left) and Lydia G3F/V7 by Anagord from Renderosity (right). Vicky has the cosplay with the Iray shader applied. Lydia's cosplay has default metallic and "car paint" shaders applied but with the colors changed. (Still a work in progress.) The poses are from Z Paradise - Poses for Monique 7 & Genesis 3 Female. Front and back renders. Autofit worked better with G3F.

I need to transfer Lydia to G8F one of these days. She seems to be Anagord's main promo girl at the store...or at least most used character. She's wonderful.

Lostus_Sayaka.png
    1000 x 1100 - 1M
    SpaceMomFront_LnV.png
    1000 x 1100 - 1M
    SpaceMomBack_LnV.png
    1000 x 1100 - 1M
    edited January 2018

The following renders were inspired by the GamePrint figurines threads I've seen being posted in the forums. Like this one [x]. They contain:

I know the poke-through from the antlers could probably be removed with post work, but it doesn’t look too bad. I didn’t intend for this to look morbid, but then she was just too small on the stand and it was easier to have another figure on the ground than having to re-pose and re-scale everything.

Here is a non-figurine version of this Star/Deer girl. With Victoria 7 textures and velvet shaders included with DS. Had to do some post work with GIMP.

Front.jpg
    1000 x 1100 - 448K
    Side.jpg
    1000 x 1100 - 427K
    Zoom.jpg
    1000 x 1100 - 454K
    Bambina.jpg
    1002 x 1650 - 248K
    edited January 2018

Another render for today, this time starring Mousso's Joanna for Genesis 3 and 8 Female, who is also one of those characters who bears a resemblance to a certain celebrity. However, I somehow made her look unrecognizable from the celebrity, which is good for me. Originally, I just wanted to render the hair (Xtreme Ponytail for V4 by DIGIpixel from Renderosity). I had tried before in Iray and it looked awful because Iray made it thin. 

Joanna is wearing the hat from Smooth Talker Outfit for Genesis 8 Male(s), necklace from Aven Clothing for Genesis, other necklace, bracelets, earrings and shoes from Effortless Cool for Genesis Male, and finally the clothes are from Ultra Bodysuit for Genesis 2 Female(s). The belt is from Dark Storm for G3F. The lighting is one of the lightsets that come with AprilYSH's hairs, except I changed the colors a bit and decreased the intensity of one light from 50% to 15%. (I still don't understand how Iray lights work.) She is modeling in the Secret Garden Shaded Haven from the Genesis Female 2 Starter Essentials.

I was only going to make one render (Joanna crouching), but then decided to do another one with her holding up those two little pots. XD

Untitled2.jpg
    1100 x 1556 - 1M
    WhichOne.jpg
    1000 x 1110 - 783K