Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Is it ready yet :)  Let's not mention that I didn't even use the other ones I bought yet LOL.  I seem to have forgotten how to use them.  Regardless, this looks like a must have!

• Impatiently waiting for the pose converter. I have a lot of poses to convert. Thank you again Zev0.
  • alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,325

I was an early adopter of the G2F to G3F pose converter so I have really been looking forward to this one.  I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Cheers,

Alex.

• HappyboyHappyboy Posts: 53

This will be great, but thet one I'm REALLY hoping for is your bend morphs. 

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

I'm hoping this comes out early next month.  I dithered and dithered on V8 but finally decided to buy in on the Pro Bundle, and that meant a bunch of other things dropped to crazy prices... things like a dozen RawArt characters for $2 each!   That pushed me way past my limit for the month so unless I happen to win a prize in the skinbuilder contest (and I'm not holding my breath considering how many amazing entires there were) I won't be ablt to buy this until the begining of July anyway.    

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    Sigurd said:

Long live G8 !!!

well, less than two years now before G9. :)

Back OT: hurry up Zev0cheeky

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited June 2017

It's basically already packaged and ready. Just up to marketing when it comes out.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited June 2017

I am chomping at the bit and impatiently waiting for Pose Converter for Genesis 8.  Come on Marketing, hurry up.  Also a shame Zev0 that you never bundled Fit Control for Genesis 3 males and females topgether.  Looking forward to catching up on some of your other products during the release sale.  Oh my poor Debit Cards.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
    edited June 2017

Bundles are tricky. All depends on gap between female and male figure releases. Do I delay the female version for male release in order to make a bundle? Or do I release female in the meantime then add a discount or some sort for the male version when that is ready. So basically, bundles are created depending on timeline. Then you have to look at how many people already bought the female version, and to them a bundle release is pointless because they will be paying for half the product they already own. So there are lots of things to consider when making bundles, and how viable they are depending on when they are released. To new customers yes, bundles are great, but to existing customers who bought the female version, not really appealing. So, I can delay all my products and offer bundles, but then I might be broke by then lol. I need to release products as they are finished, and the Genesis 8 Female is here now:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0, I would never suggest that you delay a product just to put it in a bundle.  I was just wishing that once both products were out that they could be bundled for us poor souls that are playing catchup, like me.  I have a very limited budget for digital products right now, but am very happy with your products that I have purchased.  Looking forward to your future products.  Like I said earlier, "Oh my poor Debit Cards" smiley  Especially looking forward to the Pose Converter for Genesis 8 and Fit Control for Genesis 8 once they come out.  I am plaining on picking up both Fit Control G3 products next time they are on sale (like I said, limited budget so I have to wait for sales for everyting I get).  Thanks again for some great products.

• Oh yes! This is so needed. A good portion of the money I spent on G3 was poses. Looking forward to this.

• Just so I'm understanding... you are designing a program that will bring G3 characters (Georgia, Kimberly, Rune etc) onto G8F... I have an extensive G3F (and G3M... but we have to wait for G8M) library and I really want to use them on the G8 figures.  I know it's not related to THIS product, but I thought I understood that you mentioned it off handedly... becuase if you are, I will DEFINITELY be getting in line to throw you money.

Check out the G3 to G8 morphs thread under the Commons forum.  I've already converted 20 or so head and body morphs.  It's really not that difficult...almost as easy as using GenX2. 

• Zev0 said:
    You need the other converters.

Any chance of an automated product or addon to let owners of V4 to G2, and G2 to G3 converters, convert in one step?...or better yet, convert multiple pose banks at one time?  I own both of your current pose converters and would like to be able to convert all of my old poses to the newest figures...if possible, all at once.

edited June 2017

Unfortunately Draagonstorm passed away and she had the source script code for the previous versions. Without those there is no easy way around this. So it will have to be done in steps from converter to converter.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Zev0, did the marketing department forget to flip a switch or what? Waiting for the pose converter and some of your other products that are in the pipeline. I picked up both Fit Control G3 products and Breaston Control for G3F. GREAT PRODUCTS!!! Now if we can get sales to get off their duff to post the pose converter for sale, I can spend some more money.

Should be released this week. There have been a couple of delays, but this version we wanted to make sure all smart content uses would be able to see converted poses with built in metadata added to database. So this version was a bit more complex.

edited July 2017
    Zev0 said:

Should be released this week. There have been a couple of delays, but this version we wanted to make sure all smart content uses would be able to see converted poses with built in metadata added to database. So this version was a bit more complex.

Glad to hear that you'll be taking my cash soon. :)

EDIT:

Hopefully tomorrow!

Post edited by nicstt on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,199
    Zev0 said:

That will be a huge improvement over the last version. Thank you.

edited July 2017

The script is very fast, however, if you want metadata, it is gonna take a while to build the database for poses. Depends how much you convert at once. But Metadata is optional.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • billyben_0077a25354billyben_0077a25354 Posts: 771
    edited July 2017

It's out.  Woohoo.  Already in my basket.  Will see what else I want to add to the basket tomorrow.  Looks like I need to finally learn G3 Pose Builder in detail.

Post edited by billyben_0077a25354 on
    edited July 2017

Guys there is a serious problem with the version that went live. It does not have the updated version where the toggle button for metadata creation is present. This means metadata is forced for all pose conversions and will take much longer than usual. So for those who mainly use content library, they have to use the slower process for now. We are frantically trying to get the correct version in the store. Sorry for any inconveniece. I will keep you updated.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2017

This is the option that is not in the released version, and if unchecked will process all poses much faster without creating metadata for each file. So unfortunately this option is always on for now because the toggle button isn't present in this version.crying

Capture.JPG
    732 x 695 - 68K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited July 2017
    Edited.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
    Updated files should be live within the hour. I will confirm when they are there.

Update files are now live. Thank you for your patience.

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    Zev0 said:
    Updated files should be live within the hour. I will confirm when they are there.

How do you give an update? I need to do an update to my product as well but I have no clue how crying

edited July 2017

Good news on release Zev0, ty.

Edit:

Oh yeh, and what's next for release? :)

Post edited by nicstt on
  • DaikatanaDaikatana Posts: 828

This went into cart immediately.  Now off to convert a LOT of poses!

• colinmac2colinmac2 Posts: 407

I've been converting poses, and there's a few problems:

1)Where do the converted poses go, because I can't find them, and 

2) Either this product is incredibly fast, or I'm doing something wrong, and 

3) where is the documentation that tells you how to do the conversion?

• edited July 2017

@colinmac2

The converted poses go in the ''Converted Files Directory'' but wont show up untill you ''Refresh'' the Content Library''   (Right Click in the Content Library pane & select ''Refresh'' then navigate to the folder you chose.)

Good Luck

cool

Post edited by dijidave_a64850a362 on