Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

It's very self explanatory IF you use the content library. See atached. Can't help with Connect.

Capture.JPG
    841 x 511 - 59K
    Capture2.JPG
    1755 x 892 - 196K
    edited August 2017

NM. double post

Post edited by fastbike1 on
  • I bought this, but sadly it doesn't work in Studio 4.8, which I still prefer to use at the moment because everything still works, (or did up until now), and I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't try fixing it....laugh I initially got the script fail to load error, and updated when Zev0 released an update, but guess it's written for 4.9 specifically.

I now have further concerns after reading in the other thread that the new Fit Control products will be script based.  frown

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046

Genesis 8 is designed for 4.9. Fit Control is designed for Genesis 8. So yes, 4.9 will be a requirement.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,308

I bought this, but sadly it doesn't work in Studio 4.8, which I still prefer to use at the moment because everything still works, (or did up until now), and I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't try fixing it....laugh I initially got the script fail to load error, and updated when Zev0 released an update, but guess it's written for 4.9 specifically.

I now have further concerns after reading in the other thread that the new Fit Control products will be script based.  frown

At least you now have a reason to upgrade. I have been using 4.9 for a long time now, and everything works fine for me, as well as faster render times over 4.8.

• IlltmIlltm Posts: 15

@fastbike1

Unfortunately, on my end it looks quite differently, as I have installed everything through Connect. I wish my folders were named like that, but they´re not.
    Looks like I´ll have to return this thing. Very disappointed with the lack of proper documentation and support.

Thanks for trying to help out.

edited August 2017

Sorry for late reply. Been busy. You use smart content. You cannot convert entire folders like content library users via smart content. You have to use content library for that with metadata support then they will appear in smart content. But since you use smart content, drag whatever poses you see in smart content and convert that way. Set the path you want to save them in and then drag the poses into the script as shown in promo.

03-genesis-3-to-genesis-8-pose-converter-daz3d_1.jpg
    2000 x 1066 - 385K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • IlltmIlltm Posts: 15
    edited August 2017

@Zev0

After all that whining and frustration, it's all the more annoying to suddenly realize that the answer was right there the whole time. Dang it! Yes, that worked out perfectly, just like you've clearly explained in the promo.

Thank you very much! Now if you'll excuse me, I have some extensive facepalming to do. ;)

Post edited by Illtm on
  • Havos said:

I bought this, but sadly it doesn't work in Studio 4.8, which I still prefer to use at the moment because everything still works, (or did up until now), and I'm of the opinion that if it ain't broke, don't try fixing it....laugh I initially got the script fail to load error, and updated when Zev0 released an update, but guess it's written for 4.9 specifically.

At least you now have a reason to upgrade. I have been using 4.9 for a long time now, and everything works fine for me, as well as faster render times over 4.8.

Hi Havos,

Spurred on by your encouraging reply, I safely backed up my 4.8 installation files and then went for a clean 4.9 install. It went without a hitch, and works perfectly. Now wondering why I worried about doing this. I must admit that initial tests haven't shown me any difference from 4.8 frown except everything now works! yes It will be interesting to see if my render times improve.

Kind regards,

smiley

• Zev0 said:

Genesis 8 is designed for 4.9. Fit Control is designed for Genesis 8. So yes, 4.9 will be a requirement.

Hi Zev0,

Thanks for your reply, I have finally 'bitten the bullet', and upgraded to Studio 4.9 and your pose converter script works just great. Looking forward now to more of your Genesis 8 essential tools.

Kind regards,

smiley

@Illtm

Glad you've got it sorted. It's a great utility

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Question: I picked up the product and pretty satisfied but I am running into a few poses that have issues with the hands in particular the fingers sort of thrusting backwards at an unnatural angle. 

edited August 2017

That shouldn't happen if you are converting native Genesis 3 poses. If some sets source from Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 via a previous conversion, make sure you have Handy Dandy from slosh, that fixes the hand poses on those sets.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I have just bought the three sets to convert V4 - Genesis 2, Genesis 2 - Genesis 3 and Genesis 3 - Genesis 8.  I installed them, pointed the first script at a V4 pose folder in my Poser runtime, set the output folder name and let it run, then tested a couple of the poses.  I then ran the Gen 2 - Gen 3 script and unfortunately had some problems with the resulting poses - apparently because I had set the input and output folders the same, so my fault.  I deleted the folder and started again: 

First script to V4 poser folder, output to a folder in DS content.  Repeated this with the other two scripts (sending the output to a new folder each time) and I have now got a folder of V4 poses for Genesis 3 and another folder of V4 poses for Genesis 8. 

I've got to say that I am really pleased for two reasons - 1) The products work exactly as stated - no fuss, no messing around.  2) The batch converter works perfectly and much faster than I would have expected.

Thank you for making such a useful and easy to use set of products. smiley

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

Thanks for answering my question. I didn't realize an answer had been given. I didn't get any email about a response. Finally, I checked back and found the answer. Yes, I agree, this is a very fine product.

edited September 2017

Tick the star on the thread you are in, then you get notified:) It is how I keep track of thread responses.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Thank you for this. Is is extremely useful.

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,029
    edited September 2017
    kocammy said:
    Zev0 said:

I just experienced the same problem. I think it has to do with PostgreSQL CMS. Mine stopped running and when i tried the script it would not open. When that was back up and running, the script worked. Try that solution.

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I don't know how to re-enable my PostgreSQL CMS - Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Cammy

It seems that the PostgreSQL CMS shouldn't have to play interference in simply running a script to convert poses. Can't the script be written without it having to play nice? In the alternative--if this what the problem is about--can't there be an option not not create metadata so avoid complications?

Post edited by mcorr on
  • mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,029
    Zev0 said:

Product has been updated guys. This fixes some issues some people were experiencing.

Update Description

- Script does not require the database to be running to function anymore.
    - Disabled the create metadata button if the database isn't running.

OK ... here is the answer. Need to read the thread to the end.

• mats76mats76 Posts: 289

Hi

I just tried to converted 2 directories G8 poses to G3 poses and it worked great, but in smart library all the poses show up directly under local user poses and it will be a pain to go through all the poses in local user if they do not show up in their assigned folder. In content library everythings fine and they show up under 2 different directories: "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Poses\Genesis 8 Converted Poses\Z Fearless Archer\Genesis 8 Female" and "C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Poses\Genesis 8 Converted Poses\Z Warrior Princess\Genesis 8 Female".

Is there a way to get them to show up in their assigned folders under poses in smart library?

And is there a way to have them directly under poses instead of under local user folder?

last question, I promise: the only way I can se the program in smart library is when genisis figure is selected if no figure is selected it wont show up under utilities, is that the way it is supposed to be or something I messed up? 

Thank you in advance

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,820
    edited September 2017

Just FYI, I've run into a pose set that's giving the converter fits: i13 Essential Sports Poses https://www.daz3d.com/i13-50-essential-sports-poses

I'm on Win 7 64-bit, 32GB RAM, current Studio 4.9 build.

Weird thing is, It took forever to even get started converting the pose directory, about 20 minutes. The only reasons I let it keep going were that (1) I looked at Task Manager, and even though Studio said "not responding", Task Manager was showing both CPU and increasing RAM use, and (2) I had to deal with something else that came up unexpectedly and just left it running.

Now that it's started, it's still having issues, compared to other times I've run it. It's translating about one pose every 15-30 seconds. (Studio says its been running for 43 minutes, and it's 46% complete.)

"Create Metadata" is unchecked -- I don't use Smart Content much -- so that's not an issue.

There are about 100 poses. This promises to take a while.

There are a fair number of poses, but there aren't any partials.

It's just odd.

EDIT: And add the Aeon Soul G3F pose sets to the list of ones that take ages (two hours and counting at this point). They do have a lot of partials (a LOT of partials), but it's still taking 15-30 seconds per pose (or partial). It didn't take as long to get started, though.

Odd thing is that it sprinted through their G3M pose set.

Post edited by vwrangler on

@vwrangler "EDIT: And add the Aeon Soul G3F pose sets to the list of ones that take ages (two hours and counting at this point)."

I think you have issues w/ your PC or other settings.

I just converted the following Aeon Soul Pose sets in 1 minute 30 secs total.

Dyna Energy, dYnamo 2, Every Day Walking, Powerstance, and Whymsy.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,820
    fastbike1 said:

@vwrangler "EDIT: And add the Aeon Soul G3F pose sets to the list of ones that take ages (two hours and counting at this point)."

I think you have issues w/ your PC or other settings.

I just converted the following Aeon Soul Pose sets in 1 minute 30 secs total.

Dyna Energy, dYnamo 2, Every Day Walking, Powerstance, and Whymsy.

I have no idea what was going on last night with the Aeon Soul poses. I just did DynaEnergy again to see if I could replicate it, and the entire directory took about 20 seconds.

However, I tried 50 Essential Sports poses again, and a slightly higher-speed version of the same thing started to happen. Studio went off into the mists to think about things at the beginning, but only for about five minutes this time. Individual pose conversion is still taking about 20 seconds per pose. Since I didn't need the poses again -- the ones that it took forever to process do actually work -- I wound up killing Studio in Task Manager, because there's no other way to stop the conversion process. (Not sure if it would actually work or if its even possible, but if another version of this gets made for the Genesis 8/9 transition, a robust ABORT button to try to kill things like this that take forever would be lovely.)

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited October 2017

This pose corrector does not take into account that the required adjustment is different when the legs are bent. See Barbult's first comment here, for example. (Link removed by Mod)

This means that "corrected" sitting poses are all borked. I would like to see some kind of fix for this.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Hi,

I am having a problem with the Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter. It used to work rigjht after I purchased and installed it from Daz Install Manager, but it stopped working when I aborted a long conversion queue, and hasn't worked again since. I removed and reinstalled it, but no luck. Version is 1.2.

According to the log file:

2017-10-18 15:43:44.433 DEBUG: D:/ToConvert/Z Alfa Female Daz/01 FullBody/Z_Full_01.duf
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.824 DEBUG: Count = 1
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.851 DEBUG: Relative Path = D:/ToConvert/Z Alfa Female Daz/01 FullBody/Z_Full_01.duf
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.851 DEBUG: bHasDatabase = true
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.856 DEBUG: Getting Asset
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.858 DEBUG: 0 products found with current asset
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.858 DEBUG: Asset Not Found
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.858 DEBUG: sFilePath = D:/ToConvert/Z Alfa Female Daz/01 FullBody/Z_Full_01.duf
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.859 DEBUG: Path D:/G8FConvertedD:/ToConvert/Z Alfa Female Daz/01 FullBody
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.860 DEBUG: Reading D:/ToConvert/Z Alfa Female Daz/01 FullBody/Z_Full_01.duf
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.909 Converting Z_Full_01
    2017-10-18 15:43:45.909 DEBUG: bIsHierarchical = false

It looks like the Path is now getting mangled when being concatinated:

2017-10-18 15:43:45.859 DEBUG: Path D:/G8FConvertedD:/ToConvert/Z Alfa Female Daz/01 FullBody

Any ideas how this can be resolved? I have a ton of poses I wanted to convert from Zeddicus (which I had to convert into the friendlier JSON format without Carriage Returns) and finally got those files converted.

• debendeben Posts: 2

Is there anything special to use Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter on DAZ STUDIO for Mac.
    The script creates folders, but there is nothing in it.
    The script can run hours without doing anything.

I also have the script Genesis 2 to Genesis 3 Pose Converter, which it does not remain blocked, but it does not convert anything either.

Daz Sudio 4.9.4.122 Pro Edition (64bit)
    Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, Mac OS Sierra 10.12.06

• GuyBcapsGuyBcaps Posts: 34
    edited October 2017

I bought this product today. Works great! For the most part.

I seem to be having issue converting a spesific creator's Poses (bought at a differnet 3D model online retailer). These poses seem typical G3 Poses, but after converted I get an error when I try to apply the output poses to my G8 Female. 

This problem seems spessific to this one creator's product. Is there some scenerio where a creator can prevent conversion programs from working? Or some compatability issue I'm unaware of? It's very strange. 

EDIT: Although. I just tested and learned I can apply the problematic G3 Poses to my G8 character, and then use the Pose Corrector, and get good results that way. 

Post edited by GuyBcaps on
  • the batch convert does not work it only work as on the fly after a batch conversion the poses still had to be adjust on the fly becaus the arms were not properly posed :(

• I agree something is wrong with it. I got the Genesis 8 to Genesis 3 Pose converter is busted. It does not create any new genesis 3 poses in the Converted folder. I will try to convert Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 tommorow to see what happens. Is this a script issue? I tried converting it pose by pose and folder conversion. Any help would be appreciated.

• Batch convert worked like a dream on everything but one pose pack: Iray Photo Shoot from Draagonstorm. Not looking for a fix, since I can convert them on the fly, but just wanted to put in a heads up. (although, TDLR, so som