Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• Rod Wise DriggoRod Wise Driggo Posts: 2,151
    edited July 2017

Well, first of all I've purchased that nice little script, although I missed the promo with the 40% and discount on other pose sets. Bummer! Anyhow, will definitely use this one much more than the older ones I also have. But before I unleash my inner pose conversion beast, a couple of questions to do things right:

Metadata yes/no?

Well seems activating that option will slower the process. What does it do? Are the poses then available in the Smart Content Pane? And are they sorted in for G8F so that are showing up once I work with an G8F? Another question regarding the target directory for the converted poses. If I organize the converted poses manually later on and change folders, does that break metadata/smart content links?

Couple poses, like G3F/G3F or G3F/G3M

Have some pose sets with multiple figures. Guess if it's two G3Fs this should work but what if there are poses for G3F and G3M in a folder. Does the script leave the G3M poses alone? From my first tests it at least says it is also converting G3M poses? So can a savely select a folder of "mixed" poses or should I just manually select the G3F pose files?

Victoria, Olympia and the rest of the pack

Is it safe to assume that the script works properly on dedicated poses for certain G3F based figures as well, although maybe demanding some tweaking later on?

G3F and things

Have some pose sets which include poses for props (motorcycle, furniture, weapons etc.).  Again would it be safe to just select the folder for conversion or would the script mess up with prop poses and should I therefore just manually select G3F poses in such folders?

Thanks in advance for any heads up. Guess my G8F pose folder will be quite full in the near future ;-)

Post edited by Rod Wise Driggo on
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited July 2017

"Well seems activating that option will slower the process. What does it do? Are the poses then available in the Smart Content Pane? And are they sorted in for G8F so that are showing up once I work with an G8F?"

Yes. The script creates metadata so converted poses now appear in smart content and will appear when G8F is selected.

"Does the script leave the G3M poses alone?"

It will convert those as well. I tested a few couple sets and the male poses worked as well. I did find one set that were designed specifically for m7 that didnt want to work. I have no idea why lol.

"Is it safe to assume that the script works properly on dedicated poses for certain G3F based figures as well, although maybe demanding some tweaking later on?"

It's no different when you apply a default base pose set to a shape and have to make tweaks to that if that shape is not specifically supported.

"Have some pose sets which include poses for props (motorcycle, furniture, weapons etc.).  Again would it be safe to just select the folder for conversion or would the script mess up with prop poses and should I therefore just manually select G3F poses in such folders?"

The script will convert those as well with no problem. How well those prop positions get assigned I have no idea. But the poses will come across.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Product has been updated guys. This fixes some issues some people were experiencing.

Update Description

- Script does not require the database to be running to function anymore.
    - Disabled the create metadata button if the database isn't running.

• EsemwyEsemwy Posts: 577

@Zev0

Love the create metadata function, but it would be even better if it copied the categories from the original instead of just putting them in '/Default/Saved Files/Preset/Pose'. I wrote a script to do that retroactively, but it's a bit of a hack. You, or anybody else, is welcome to the code, if you're interested.

// DAZ Studio version 4.9.4.117 filetype DAZ Script(function() {	var sPath = "/People/Genesis 3 Female/Poses";	var sNewPath = "/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses";	var oContentMgr = App.getContentMgr();	var oAssetMgr = App.getAssetMgr();	var oDir = DzDir("/Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/People/Genesis 3 Female/Poses");	print(oDir.path());	if (!oDir.exists()) return;	var aFiles = oDir.getFilesFromDir(Array("*.duf"), true);	for (var j = 0; j < aFiles.length; j++) {		var sShortName = oContentMgr.getRelativePath(aFiles[j], false);		var aAssets = oAssetMgr.findAssetsForFile(sShortName, true, true);		if (aAssets.length == 0) continue;		var sNewShortName = sNewPath+sShortName.substr(sPath.length);		var aNewAssets = oAssetMgr.findAssetsForFile(sNewShortName, true, true);		if (aNewAssets.length != 1) continue;		var oNewAsset = aNewAssets[0];		for (var k = 0; k < aAssets.length; k++) {			var oAsset = aAssets[k];			if (oAsset.vendorCategories.length) oNewAsset.addToCategories(oAsset.vendorCategories);			if (oAsset.userCategories.length) oNewAsset.addToCategories(oAsset.userCategories);		}	}})();

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547

+1

We have reviewed this suggestion and it will be added in a future update:) It was actually in the draft notes but we didn't have time to implement it for release schedule.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

@Zev0, question I have had great results converting G3 poses. But a few of  Zeddicuss sets don't convert. Some are from Rederosity but the one from Daz is Z Feminine Touch. Here is the log error

2017-07-16 17:27:09.947 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6057): Empty property path for animation
    2017-07-16 17:27:09.947 WARNING: fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6057): Empty property path for animation

error.PNG
    572 x 335 - 13K
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

Don't know if anyone has wondered, but my (very) limited testing indicates that the Zev0 converted Genesis 3 Expressions work well on G8/V8. I would guess that they could be further tweaked, but my first impression was that they looked more natural on V8.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

Yes I noticed that as well about the expressions and have since converted all my G3 to G8

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412

Perfect time... Bought it immediately. Nice job!

• I am doing something wrong because even though it says the poses were converted the folder remains empty as hell. Where exactly should I create the converted files directory?

edited August 2017

Did you browse to Directory to make sure converted files are in your assigned path? Are you viewing the poses via content library or smart content? If via content library, hit refresh. If via smart content, make sure metadata is ticked.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Ah, sorry! I figured out what I did wrong! It works perfect now! I apologise for false alarm :) Many thanks for this fine script!

edited August 2017

Cool..Enjoy:)

Post edited by Zev0 on

Product has been Updated with Official Genesis 8 Male support. Existing buyers please download update. Thanks.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Many thanks.

edited August 2017

Changes in this version are -

-Now supports hierarchical poses.

-Updated it all to work with the male.

-We now copy metadata from original file so it is sorted better in smart content.

-Added a popup when you add/remove the scripts to the menu.

-Version no. changed to v1.2

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Thanks for the update, Zev0. You're the A+++ PA in my list!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,344
    edited August 2017

How does this compare to Bone Doctor which I already have? Riversoft Arts states that it works with G8M as well as G8F

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
    edited August 2017

This allows you to convert and save your entire Genesis 3 pose directory to a location of your choice with metadata support if you use smart content. If you have lots of pose sets and don't just want to convert on the fly on loaded poses, then this product saves you lot's of time. This also gives you that ability, but the main selling point of Pose Converter is you can convert your entire pose collection. Please look at product promos and description as all info of what product offers is in there.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • sandmanmaxsandmanmax Posts: 992

Thank you, Zev0!  I really appreciate the upgrade! laugh

• Zev0 said:

Product has been Updated with Official Genesis 8 Male support. Existing buyers please download update. Thanks.

Thank you!!!

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,940

Hot damn! Done and done, though I'll wait for Lee to come out before a *M8 purchase...

*(Sorry DAZ marketing, thanks for the discount all the same!)

This allows you to convert and save your entire Genesis 3 pose directory to a location of your choice with metadata support if you use smart content. If you have lots of pose sets and don't just want to convert on the fly on loaded poses, then this product saves you lot's of time. This also gives you that ability, but the main selling point of Pose Converter is you can convert your entire pose collection. Please look at product promos and description as all info of what product offers is in there.

THIS! I am a draconian control freak for my directories, as I have custom dirs for my Genesis 4/Victoria 8! 

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,099

I'm confused about how to convert a single pose "on the fly," as the ad says I can. How does one do this?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited August 2017
    inquire said:

I'm confused about how to convert a single pose "on the fly," as the ad says I can. How does one do this?

If you are just trying to pose your G8 and use a pose from G3 ,and fix it with Bone Doctor or the freebie script ,one pose at a time ,that would be" on the fly" the big plus withZev0's is you can convert all of the G3 poses to G8 with out doing it individually

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    inquire said:

You just apply the G3 pose to G8 and after that apply Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Pose Corrector.dse. This will do the necessary adjustments to put G8 in the correct pose. Using Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 !Add Scripts To Studio Menu.dse will put the scripts in the custom Scripts menu which is very convenient.

edited August 2017

Basically what the last two responses were. Benefit of using this script is when you just quickly want to apply G3 partial poses as well to G8, and only tick the affected areas.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • IlltmIlltm Posts: 15

Just bought this today, hoping for an easy way to make all my G3 poses available for my new G8. But I'm struggling to get this to work and really wish there were some proper documentation available.
    By the product description, this seems easy and straight forward enough: "Convert one or many sets at once, or even your entire pose library". Ok, so how do I do this?
    Installing the scripts to the tab works fine, I use Smart Content in the latest Daz version, and as far as I can tell all my poses are found in Daz Connect Library/data/cloud, spread out through some 40.000 numbered folders with all kinds of files. Should I point to the entire, massive cloud folder, in Add Pose Directory?

I'd really appreciate some help here, please... :)

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@Illtm 

Do you search the entire cloud folder to find a pose?

• IlltmIlltm Posts: 15

@fastbike1

Normally, while posing characters, I just pick and choose from the Posing tab. No problem at all there. I haven't had any reason to think of where the poses are actually located, until now when I try to convert them all. So.. by right clicking any pose + Browse to File Location, I have found that they are all stored in various numbered folders within "...My Daz Connect Library/data/cloud".

Like I mentioned, there are thousands upon thousands of folders in "cloud". Most of them contain all kinds of Daz-related items other than poses, so by going "scripts-Pose Converter-Add Pose Directory.." I can't simply pick the "cloud" folder and start Convert Files from there. Instead, I'd need to somehow know which folders contain the actual poses.
    This is incredibly frustrating for me by now. The ad for this product gives the impression of quite a straight forward conversion process, like "The Pose Converter has been optimized for users who use Smart Content and for those who use Content Library". Hm...

Am i missing something here? Considering there are no actual instructions available, this really should be expected to be quite simple or self explanatory to use.. but by now I have struggled with this for 9 hours to no avail.