[Released!] EcVh0's People - Katarina HD For Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

Comments

• EcVh0EcVh0 Posts: 535
    edited July 2017

Finally I have time to write a very short description of what EcVh0 People is about (Yeah I was gonna write a big long one but ended up forgeting most of it blush)

Andddd I still can't get this formatting right >.>

EcVh0's People

So.. what is EcVh0's People?
    EcVh0 People is a series of characters, each designed to their unique look, characteristics and background, taking a different approach towards the current meaning of a "character" in Daz3d. It focuses on the simple things that could happen with one single person in the real world, and provides options for us to create this person at this particular time of the story line.

For example:

• Instead of giving different skin color options, the character will possibly have choices of body type to choose from - If she decides to become a body builder, she will have a fit body, or if she decides to have pizza everyday and not moving at all, then she will have a chubby body.
    • Or instead of applying only a few options of lip stick color, the character can choose whatever the hell color she wants, without any limitations

And there is a few more things that might come into this series, in particular a possibility for each character to have their full life (From Teen to Elder) packed into options you can choose from - if you want a teenage her, or if want a mature her, or an old her

The first character of the series - Katarina - is now being developed as you can see, which will be followed by two more in planning

Post edited by EcVh0 on
    edited July 2017

Finishing up the sporty body laugh

Katarina Sporty Body Showcase 01.png
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
    edited July 2017

Katarina Closeup! no lights at front only one HDRI map pointing towards right back side of her face laugh

Katarina New Protrait 01 JPG.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • alienareaalienarea Posts: 522

Hurry up ;-)

I want Katarina. Is that Sapphire hair in the picture?

bohlien said:

Hurry up ;-)

YES SIR! Been working almost 10 hours everyday on her and I'm packing up Katarina at her mature/young adult age with 5 different body types right now, but still need to add a lot more for her sad

I want Katarina. Is that Sapphire hair in the picture?

Thats voss laugh the one that comes with the V8 start-pro bundle, the angle might make it look like other hairs tho wink

Thank you :-)

I have Voss but didn't recognize it :-(

Btw, your skin shader works great, I use it a lot with the Keri skin.

edited July 2017
    bohlien said:

I have Voss but didn't recognize it :-(

Btw, your skin shader works great, I use it a lot with the Keri skin.

Haha yeah it's hard to tell sometimes :) especially in dark environments wink

And thank you! I'm glad you like it, feel free to post all those cool renders you made with my skin! laugh

Post edited by EcVh0 on

I would but they're topless [blush]

bohlien said:

Haha that's okay :) maybe you can post a link to your page something if you want wink

EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:

Haha that's okay :) maybe you can post a link to your page something if you want wink

I did a quick portrait of my current custom G8 for you - Keri skin and your shaders

Portrait with EcVh0 skin shaders.jpg
    1440 x 1920 - 2M
    bohlien said:
    EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:

I did a quick portrait of my current custom G8 for you - Keri skin and your shaders

Woah! She looks absolutely gorgeous! Well done! laugh

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,382
    edited July 2017

@ EcVh0

I like that you are trying out new skins shaders.

But please team up with another artist excelling at

- fiber mesh eye brows

- fiber eyebrow hair shaders

- - -

-> In the promo images you posted so far those painted eye brows destroy the illusion.

It is very encouraging to see that some DAZ3D artists try out new SSS shader settings for the skin.

But all that effort is for nothing if artists do not follow trough and also provide custom fiber eyebrows that feature proper transmission or at least backlighting effects.

- - -

To be clear:

I am not looking for just another standalone fiber mesh eyebrow product.

What I am looking for is artists who create unique characters that include a fiber mesh version of the painted eyebrow shape that comes with the character.

-> For characters in the background users can choose the painted version to save memory.

-> For characters in the foreground users can choose the fiber mesh eyebrows.

- - -

Post edited by linvanchene on
    -> In the promo images you posted so far those painted eye brows destroy the illusion.

Sorry, em, there isn't a single promo image yet... they are mostly just WIP shots I post, and could you be a lot clearer in terms of "destroy the illusion"?

It is very encouraging to see that some DAZ3D artists try out new SSS shader settings for the skin.

Thanks, I feel like its a much better way so I'm going on that road, and this is my first character btw :)

But all that effort is for nothing if artists do not follow trough and also provide custom fiber eyebrows that feature proper transmission or at least backlighting effects.

I guess that dived straight into uncanny for you huh?

Brow itself isn't a geometry so i guess no matter what it is still gonna be on the texture, which got rid of these proper effects - unless you somehow manages to do an amazing displacement map...

- - -

To be clear:

Wait correct me if I'm wrong, I can't seem to find a "fiber mesh eyebrow" in the store, care give a link if you know any? :)

edited July 2017

Did this awhile ago, had some changes down the road but still not too outdated wink

I'm packing up tons and tons of stuff now, so i guess it has gotten into probably the middle - last part of the development, unless there's a sudden urge for me to add more laugh

Katarina - With her Sporty body laugh

Two plane emissive, no post work

Katarina Sporty Body Shot 02.png
    2600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • stuthursostuthurso Posts: 192
    EcVh0 said:

Sorry, em, there isn't a single promo image yet... they are mostly just WIP shots I post, and could you be a lot clearer in terms of "destroy the illusion"?

Thanks, I feel like its a much better way so I'm going on that road, and this is my first character btw :)

Brow itself isn't a geometry so i guess no matter what it is still gonna be on the texture, which got rid of these proper effects - unless you somehow manages to do an amazing displacement map...

- - -

To be clear:

Wait correct me if I'm wrong, I can't seem to find a "fiber mesh eyebrow" in the store, care give a link if you know any? :)

You get Fiber Mesh Eyebrows with Victoria 7 and over on Rendo there is the Oh My Brows product too which should give you an idea of what he means.  Katarina is looking great by the way!  

stuthurso said:
    EcVh0 said:

- - -

To be clear:

You get Fiber Mesh Eyebrows with Victoria 7 and over on Rendo there is the Oh My Brows product too which should give you an idea of what he means.  Katarina is looking great by the way!  

Thanks a lot!

And Ahh! That's what he meant by Fiber mesh eyebrows! (wait you meant V8 right? Or is it V7?) If that's the case then Katarina does have a fibermesh eyebrow by default ;) I could include more with LIE presets but I personally like katarina this way wink

edited July 2017
    stuthurso said:

Tho, I did increase the density of the brow hair because she looks kinda weird with the original frown that's probably why it looks a little painted, oh and, her brow's actually brownish wink

Katarina Portrait 2.jpg
    2600 x 2600 - 1M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
    edited July 2017
    EcVh0 said:
    stuthurso said:
    EcVh0 said:

- - -

To be clear:

Thanks a lot!

And Ahh! That's what he meant by Fiber mesh eyebrows! (wait you meant V8 right? Or is it V7?) If that's the case then Katarina does have a fibermesh eyebrow by default ;) I could include more with LIE presets but I personally like katarina this way wink

Yeah you're right I mean Vicky 8!!  D'oh!!!  It's the option you get in the Anatomy folder as well as the Gens.  They're supposed to be used with No Brow skin but I sometimes use it on top of the painted ones if I want darker and thicker eyebrows (like Cara Delevingne's).  In the end though it all comes down to personal taste and I agree that Katarina looks good as you do her, but including the option for customers is cool too.  

Post edited by stuthurso on
    edited July 2017
    stuthurso said:
    EcVh0 said:
    stuthurso said:
    EcVh0 said:

- - -

To be clear:

Thanks a lot!

Yeah you're right I mean Vicky 8!!  D'oh!!!  It's the option you get in the Anatomy folder as well as the Gens.  They're supposed to be used with No Brow skin but I sometimes use it on top of the painted ones if I want darker and thicker eyebrows (like Cara Delevingne's).  In the end though it all comes down to personal taste and I agree that Katarina looks good as you do her, but including the option for customers is cool too.  

Yup! I will include some brows with a no eyebrow texture option so you can put whatever brows you feel like ! :D

Edit: Now that I rechecked V8, it is actually a separate geometry!  I'm not sure if I can actually change and attach that onto my character because I will probably have to change it to Katarina for V8 :/

Tho I can make the no brows option so you can choose which brow you like wink

Post edited by EcVh0 on
    EcVh0 said:
    stuthurso said:
    EcVh0 said:
    stuthurso said:
    EcVh0 said:

- - -

To be clear:

Thanks a lot!

Yup! I will include some brows with a no eyebrow texture option so you can put whatever brows you feel like ! :D

Edit: Now that I rechecked V8, it is actually a separate geometry!  I'm not sure if I can actually change and attach that onto my character because I will probably have to change it to Katarina for V8 :/

Tho I can make the no brows option so you can choose which brow you like wink

Well there are plenty of mesh Eyebrows and even LIE ones like Wow Brow available so even if you only have the No Brow option that at least gives everyone the option to choose what they want to do.  The V8 mesh brows do conform to G8 characters anyway so I don't think you need to worry about adding it, the only thing with the V8 eyebrows is they don't come with any morphs so you need to have something like EYEdeas 5 Extended for Genesis 8 Female(s) which includes morphs for them.  It's pretty rare for venders to include mesh brows as far as I can tell and TBH there are so many good options out there seperatly anyway that it'd probably be more of a hasstle for you to add them anyway.  Besides it sounds like Katerina has so many options already that you don't need to go adding any more!!  LOL

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I'm confused, is this a texture or a shader? The WIP pics are looking very good, but I'm not sure what I'd be buying :(

edited July 2017

I'm confused, is this a texture or a shader? The WIP pics are looking very good, but I'm not sure what I'd be buying :(

EcVh0 already has his shader available here https://www.daz3d.com/ecvh0-iray-skin-shader-for-genesis-8-female-s

Katerina will be a new character who uses that shader and will come with several body type and age morphs.  I'm quite looking forward to her becoming available, that's if of course EcVh0 can tear himself away from playing with her himself!  laugh

Post edited by stuthurso on
    edited July 2017

Apologies for the confusion! Haha I'm not very good at making myself clear ;)

She a massive character Set :)

Meet Katarina HD for Genesis 8 female!

In fact for Katarina, I will have her life map all in one set which includes a teen version, a normal (young adult version) of her, a 40 years old version (mature version) of her, and a 50 years old version of her (elder)

Here's a WIP preview of the elder version of her laugh Hope you enjoy!

Elder Test 2.png
    2000 x 2600 - 5M
    Post edited by EcVh0 on
    edited July 2017
    stuthurso said:

EcVh0 already has his shader available here https://www.daz3d.com/ecvh0-iray-skin-shader-for-genesis-8-female-s

Katerina will be a new character who uses that shader and will come with several body type and age morphs.  I'm quite looking forward to her becoming available, that's if of course EcVh0 can tear himself away from playing with her himself!  laugh

And I have a pale skin shader coming up very soon too!

Yes she will have Sporty, Normal, Skinny, Chubby, Busty type of body for you to choose! laugh Along with 5 makeup eyeshadows with around 60 colors (I count very badly but it's around that XD), a lipstick "technology" which allows you to apply any color you want, around 8 eye colors with customized eye shaders and (possibly) a fibermesh brow! (If I can cram it before everyone got pissed and impatient of the waiting time wink)

And of course, an upgraded version of my shader that maximizes the realism cheeky

Post edited by EcVh0 on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Ahh, I think I understand now. Thank you both :)

Now I'm under the dilemma of "do I scrap all my current characters and redo them with the ecvho line as they come out?"

Now I'm under the dilemma of "do I scrap all my current characters and redo them with the ecvho line as they come out?"

Hahaha! Sorry about that XD wink

After Katarina, I have plans to make two more, Beth (Pale Blonde Chick) and Sophia (Red Head), but that's very very very very far away blush

Most of the makeups will be coming under LIE so you can feel free to attach them onto yours! laugh

EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:
    EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:

Adding to the recent discussion:

I used the Victoria 8 eyebrows (separate prop), that's why I asked if Katarina will have a no brow option ;-) And you confirmed there will be :-)

I also used the Oh my lashes for G8

And I want Katarina :-)

edited July 2017
    bohlien said:
    EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:
    EcVh0 said:
    bohlien said:

Adding to the recent discussion:

I used the Victoria 8 eyebrows (separate prop), that's why I asked if Katarina will have a no brow option ;-) And you confirmed there will be :-)

I also used the Oh my lashes for G8

And I want Katarina :-)

Yes! I have added a no brow option for any fibermesh brows you want to add on her :D

(Need to remind myself to update the texture tho, had too many in one folder trying to sort through laugh)

Post edited by EcVh0 on

I didn't want to push you, apologies if my enthusiasm came across wrong. ????????