Shape Rigger Plus(Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited December 2018
    You're welcome. Thanks for the support.
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • RajibRajib Posts: 18

Thank you. I always had issues with rigging - specially of the eye / mouth area of my custom character. The orientation of the some of nodes were always wrong and I usually unchecked the head from the list when doing the ERC Freeze to use the default G8F orientation. With your utility, all the orientations came out correct. The expressions work better now. Will explore it further with multiple morph.

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    Zev0 said:

Hi. We custom built this script to handle the complexities of each Genesis figure. We can't fully support non-Genesis figures, not even geo-grafts, but we have a fallback that will try to do its best. The reason we cannot fully support geografts is because people often make custom bones, and there no way to find a universal fullproof method at this time for that, so best we can do is a generic rig for those. So short answer is yes, geografts can be rigged, long answer is we cannot guarentee it's accuracy. We will add this feature in a future update once we test this aspect fully. We have a beta version but dont feel comfortable releasing it just yet. Will do so in an update, along with other features.

Snatched it up and look forward to having it put to work. Thanks for the info and congrats on another fine tool/product Zev0.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,979

Yes, I have also purchased it.

Is there any possibility to take some character, not rigged or rigged not for Genesis 1,2,3,8

and make a character for Genesis 8 out of it with Morph Rigger Plus?

If so, how? Step by step explanation would be great.

• I just tried this product with Genesis 3. I zeroed Mouth Realisim HD and Navel. Imported my morph Body, saved it out with your script, repeated with the head. Closed and reopened DS to test, loaded up the body morph, and the navel was gone, loaded up the head, Mouth Realisim HD not there. I selected (Curently Used) then hit the undo button twice and the Navel and Mouth Realisim HD returned. :S Your product is great, I'm keeping this! Just need to figure out what to do about the Genesis 3 morphs Navel and Mouth Realisim HD those two morphs are a headache for me to work with >_< been nothing but trouble for me

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Zev0 said:
    This doesnt't change jcm requirements if a morph needs it.

Ah, I was hoping it would cut down on the amount of JCMs need for extra thin or extra large characters. I'm going to grab it though as it looks like it's a HUGE time saver for anyone who makes morphs. The planned updated changes also look to be a great addition. Thanks for generously adding changes and updating the product to include those suggestions, that's really nice of you!

I'm looking forward to using this product - thank you for making it a Merchant Resource! yes

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Zev0 said:

If the morph is rigged with this, even if it has rigging, it will automatically remove duplicate ID issues if resaved. The script makes sure it eliminates those as well. So basically if a morph has duplicate id issues, just re-rig it via the script, save it and the issue is gone.

Wait wait, this can fix the dreaded duplicate ID issue?!?!

The feature by itself is totally worth it.

• FrinkkyFrinkky Posts: 388

I'm thinking of picking this up - I've quite a few characters I'd like to 'condense'. As I understand all morphs should be zeroed before running the script. What about products such as your Growing Up? How would one incorporate that without baking it in to the morph first (and therefore losing JCMs, not to mention more than likely going against some terms & conditions)?

Thanks in advance.

edited December 2018

You would dial in your custom morph in conjunction with Growing Up morphs and save as a preset. Basically all you are doing is rigging your morph, then dialing it up alongside Growing Up and saving as a character or shape preset. That is how it should be done. So all you do is rig your morph, if it needs rigging.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,979

Correct me, if I am not right.

Morph Rigger Plus is only for rigging morphs to the existing characters and remove duplicate IDs.

It will not help so much with creating a new characters.

edited December 2018

It is used to rig new morphs, not existing ones. It is safe to assume that morphs already in the market place have been rigged. So it is helpful when creating new characters if you are using a morph that has not been rigged before. So from that perspective it will help.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Bought on release day haven’t tried it out yet, but the duplicate ids feature definitely seems interesting, now to load my figures and try finding the source of the duplicate ID so I’ll know what morph to dial in :)

edited December 2018
    Zev0 said:

You would dial in your custom morph in conjunction with Growing Up morphs and save as a preset. Basically all you are doing is rigging your morph, then dialing it up alongside Growing Up and saving as a character or shape preset. That is how it should be done. So all you do is rig your morph, if it needs rigging.

Thanks, I've picked this up along with GU for G8F ('bout time I moved forward).

Artini said:

Correct me, if I am not right.

Morph Rigger Plus is only for rigging morphs to the existing characters and remove duplicate IDs.

It will not help so much with creating a new characters.

There's an idea for a new product - something similar for JCMs; load in a correctional morph and generate the percentage applied based on current pose (I understand how insanely difficult and convoluted that could get - most JCMs* I've created are manual apply only in very specific circumstances).

Edit: *and technically not JCMs by their very nature...

Post edited by Frinkky on

Apologies - more questions.

I note that this does not correct the pectoral joints (neither does GU for that matter). Is that because you've found these unnecessary to fix?

edited December 2018

Has no impact really. If you want you can manually allign those joints. We will have that option in the update for those who want to do so via automation. But it has no real impact on the pectorials.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Why do the pectoral joints have no impact? I wasn't aware of that. Don't they have to be correctly aligned just like any other joints?

edited December 2018

They don't really, not in a way that makes a difference. The problem with allignment in morphs is that in certain areas they changes pose accuracy when morph is dialled up, even if the bone rigging look better with allignment. Here is an example (See attachment) Grey is default Genesis 8 dialled up with heavy morph (correct pose) and Blue is heavy morph with allignment added. So you can see how allignment can change pose accuracy. If we enabled allignment with the script, peoples pose results on rigged shapes would be all over the place compared to default shape.  For now we went with accuracy. We had a very long discussion around the issue. In the update we hope to add a feature to only add allignment to areas that need it without changing pose results. It was still being tested that is why it was not added at this stage. Personally, I have never used allignment in rigging and have not had any issues.

Capture.PNG
    1155 x 931 - 207K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

I don't think I'm following, but I'm sure you're right laugh

Does "Adjust Rigging to Shape" not adjust the pectorals too? That's what I've been doing all the time, and would assume everyone else has too.

edited December 2018
    Yes it does. It does for all bones. The script does this as well. But orientation is disabled. Thats what I mean by alignment.
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Oh, I think I misunderstood completely. Frinkky wrote:

I note that this does not correct the pectoral joints 

Wasn't aware we were talking about just orientation? Actually i don't think I even understand what orientation means. Doesn't the orientation of a bone also potentially change when start and end points are adjusted? What does this third option even do? I never used it.

Yes thats essentially what it does. I think that's what his asking it to correct, where it points, which we chose not to include, IE the third option.

• leo04leo04 Posts: 320

What am I doing wrong?

2018-12-29_164028.jpg
    613 x 372 - 78K
  • leo04 said:

What am I doing wrong?

How did you install?

Install Manager.

• Are you uisng the default install locations?

Yes.

• OK, that makes it odd. Is all your other content correct and loadable?

Yes

• So, if you look in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats>My Daz 3D Library>Scripts>Morph Rigger Plus do you see the files, and do they work from there if so?

They did not. Please see the first image.