Black characters for M8??

sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Were are the black males for G8?  I see pages of white males, but no blacks.  Sad.  I realize I can use my M7 skins on M8, but would like to know that someone is interested in making one specifically for him.  Would love to see one as awesome as the one who was in the thumbnail for Fast Grab a while back.  Well anyway, that's my 2 cents FWIW.

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,303

I think you're being hyperbolic. I want to see more diversity too, but there aren't "pages of white males" for G8. Genesis 8 Males have only been released FOUR DAYS ago. In fact, I think only four male characters total have been released so far for Genesis 8 Males. So... be patient. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,602

Pas who were  not in on the release of Michael 8 may have just gotten the figure to work with. I'm sure there will be blacks, Asians and others release eventually. Rendo lately has been adding to the guy releases and I've been buying male content there as well

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I think the OP is doing a skit Lenny Henry's In Pieces. laugh

• Pas who were  not in on the release of Michael 8 may have just gotten the figure to work with. I'm sure there will be blacks, Asians and others release eventually. Rendo lately has been adding to the guy releases and I've been buying male content there as well

It's my understanding that ALL DAZ PAs have early access to new figures coming out, but the reason you may not see as much male content come is that not all PAs consider making such content financially viable.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581

Pas who were  not in on the release of Michael 8 may have just gotten the figure to work with. I'm sure there will be blacks, Asians and others release eventually. Rendo lately has been adding to the guy releases and I've been buying male content there as well

It's my understanding that ALL DAZ PAs have early access to new figures coming out, but the reason you may not see as much male content come is that not all PAs consider making such content financially viable.

Ethnic characters are not big money makers, especially for a figure release. I would be patient as someone will eventually release one.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,969

I'm sure there will be some soon, the guy just came out 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,868

Actually, with UV Swap, you can add Michael 8 eyebrows to Benita, and have a black/Hispanic/Middle Eastern/Southeast Asian/Pacific Islander G8M TODAY, that is, provided you have and know how to use the head morphs. Your wait is over. ;)

Moreover, since Michael 8 came three months earlier than the pattern established by the previous two generations, perhaps Darius 8 will arrive ahead of the 13 months (or so) we waited between Genesis 2/3 Michaels and Dariusae.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited August 2017

I'm sure we'll see some, hopefully sooner rather than later. There were some wonderful ones for G3M, and I can't wait to see what they look like with the new skin settings for G8M. 

EDIT: Zev0's Skin Builder 3 works on Genesis 8 Females. Combined with the Gen 8 UV Swap just released, I think you could make some great custom skins for G8M.

Post edited by Llynara on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I've already made a black female in my gallery renders using G8F within a week of G8F being released. All I had to do was apply the Ayala texture set for G3M / the Girl 7 to G8F and use the morph dials in my DO Head & Body morph products I bought. I think she turned out quite good.

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,800
    edited August 2017

Don't worry. Darius 8 will come around... Eventually.

Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • sapatsapat Posts: 1,735

Sigh, thanks for the encouragement.  Guess I'll have to patient or just use my older skins.  

Why can't we get a G8M version of that gorgeous guy that was recently on the Fast Grab thumbnail?  I used to visit the home page of the store just to scroll over to look at him! cheeky  Wonder who scupted him and can't they make him for G8M?

sapat said:

Sigh, thanks for the encouragement.  Guess I'll have to patient or just use my older skins.  

Why can't we get a G8M version of that gorgeous guy that was recently on the Fast Grab thumbnail?  I used to visit the home page of the store just to scroll over to look at him! cheeky  Wonder who scupted him and can't they make him for G8M?

Could you provide the link? I'd like to check him out. :)

There is no link.  He was the thumbnail you clicked on to go into the Fast Grab area.  I did save a screenshot of him though blush.  I'll attach it.

!! black fast grab dude.JPG
    522 x 412 - 47K
    sapat said:

There is no link.  He was the thumbnail you clicked on to go into the Fast Grab area.  I did save a screenshot of him though blush.  I'll attach it.

Whoa! He IS impressive! I can see why you saved the screen shot! lol :) VERY nice! 

The lower part of his face looks a tad exagerated/large giving him an almost "toon" look. But the realism in the skin and hair just throws any thought of "toon" out the window. lol He's very stylized and cool. 

Often times they get the fast grab images from the Galleries, so I'll keep an eye out for him. If we can find the original artist we can ask what character they used.

sapat said:

Whoa! He IS impressive! I can see why you saved the screen shot! lol :) VERY nice! 

The lower part of his face looks a tad exagerated/large giving him an almost "toon" look. But the realism in the skin and hair just throws any thought of "toon" out the window. lol He's very stylized and cool. 

Often times they get the fast grab images from the Galleries, so I'll keep an eye out for him. If we can find the original artist we can ask what character they used.

Right, the jaw is exaggerated and a bit 'out there', but the skin, the hair, the bulk of his muscles that I can see.....yep, cool indeed.  Oh that would be awesome!  I'd love to know who did it.  WooHoo!

• And he's Genesis 1 with M4 skin laugh

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/370011

• Orpheus13Orpheus13 Posts: 274

I'm hoping for some Blacn / Asian G8 males too soon.

I didn't see any really convincing african G8 female yet either (some just look like half-black, or white with dark skin)...

• Multi race michael's will come. This was only released a few days ago so I suggest a bit of patience.    

edited August 2017
    sapat said:
    sapat said:

Right, the jaw is exaggerated and a bit 'out there', but the skin, the hair, the bulk of his muscles that I can see.....yep, cool indeed.  Oh that would be awesome!  I'd love to know who did it.  WooHoo!

I did a quick G8M face morph for you.

It's no where near perfect but it's a bit similar and could give you a starting off point for recreating the look. :)

Here's where you can download the morph: https://sta.sh/05guq3et1jr

Just unzip it, and drop the "data" folder in your My Library folder. 

Of course, the normal disclaimers apply. lol You can use it for any renders commercial or private, just don't sell or give away the morph (as is nor modified). :) That's it.

Have fun and I hope it helps. :)

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,964

This is why I find the 'the latest and greatest!!' ad copy for new figures really unconvincing.

edited August 2017

This is why I find the 'the latest and greatest!!' ad copy for new figures really unconvincing.

Yeeeaaah Except all you can see is his face. Great looking face though it is, you put him in a decent pose and his age will show in the bends without a doubt. I can't even use G2 figures because the bends are so much less realistic compared to G3 and G8. Which sucks because other than that I LOVE G2 and have the most content for that figure line. All of my favorite characters are from G2 as well. But dang those bends, particularly in the arms and armpits. Eeeek

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,366
    edited August 2017
    sapat said:
    sapat said:

It's no where near perfect but it's a bit similar and could give you a starting off point for recreating the look. :)

Of course, the normal disclaimers apply. lol You can use it for any renders commercial or private, just don't sell or give away the morph (as is nor modified). :) That's it.

Hellboy started a thread asking about it and the artist replied, I thought it was Hellboys work as it has his look about it - but it wasn't.

I wonder if the morph has a bit of freak in it some of his head morphs had a large jaw similar to the image.

Post edited by scorpio on
    sapat said:
    sapat said:

The lower part of his face looks a tad exagerated/large giving him an almost "toon" look. But the realism in the skin and hair just throws often times they get the fast grab images from the Galleries, so I'll keep an eye out for him. If we can find the original artist we can ask what character they used.

Wow, is it inappropriate to say I love you for this?  I can certainly use this, and I'm gobsmacked!  Thank you so much, and yes it is a great jumping off point. laugh

sapat said:
    sapat said:
    sapat said:

The lower part of his face looks a tad exagerated/large giving him an almost "toon" look. But the realism in the skin and hair just throws often times they get the fast grab images from the Galleries, so I'll keep an eye out for him. If we can find the original artist we can ask what character they used.

Wow, is it inappropriate to say I love you for this?  I can certainly use this, and I'm gobsmacked!  Thank you so much, and yes it is a great jumping off point. laugh

Dawww :D That's sweet of you to say! I'm glad it's helpful. yes

• scorpio said:
    sapat said:
    sapat said:

Hellboy started a thread asking about it and the artist replied, I thought it was Hellboys work as it has his look about it - but it wasn't.

I wonder if the morph has a bit of freak in it some of his head morphs had a large jaw similar to the image.

Freak was my first thought too.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited August 2017
    sapat said:
    sapat said:

The original image was done by Syedady. When they used it for FastGrab, they flipped it, but otherwise, it's just the same. And according to the "what was used", he's just Rob Elite M4 texture on original flavor Genesis. I recognized the texture immediately -- at this point, I think the only way I wouldn't recognize Rob's texture is on the actual living Rob, whoever that might be.

Rob Elite Render Iray

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited August 2017

My texture/shader set isn't specifically for black characters, but since I control skin color procedurally instead of using different maps, it's very easy for me to create one.

Michael8a.jpg
    900 x 900 - 413K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,386

The problem with procedural textures is that we black people have palm and sole colors exactly like everyone else in humanity.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,667

I know I would love to see some nice Darker skined GF&M8 charactors!!!

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    nemesis10 said:

The problem with procedural textures is that we black people have palm and sole colors exactly like everyone else in humanity.

I wonder why, after so many generations of figures, the palms and feet bottoms haven't been given a different texture area... could probably be easy enough to fix with geometry editor and adding a new surface to those areas