Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@electro-elvis

Thanks elvis. The gyro is a bit 80's, thats also about the time I had one, don't know what happened to it.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited June 2013

Jay- love the contrasting effects you got with both renders.

Foleypro – nice poster, the car is lovely.

Chohole – awesome, breathing scene. I love all your renders, beautiful and so realistic.

StuartB4 –all your renders are beautiful especially the cars, very photorealistic renders.

dwsel- You are right, deciphering how you did your previous renders, was not easy. Hopefully David will make a tutorial or two on this topic

chiisuchianu- some nice renders, adding some color to the sky will make a nice contrast.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited December 1969

@mermaid010

Thankyou mermaid010, like everyone here, you're very kind.

• Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @electro-elvis

Thanks elvis. The gyro is a bit 80's, thats also about the time I had one, don't know what happened to it.

The gyro is from the 60's. Became a popular toy probably because of the space program. That's the problem with you young people, everything old is the 80s. ; )

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Although I'm right busy at the moment, clever clever Horo has written a neat little program which makes producing outlining effects so much easier and I'm just experimenting with that. As well as with the extreme range procedurals. So lots of things to experiment with - which is interesting. Here's a few second test render which uses a negative light set against ambient light to create the outlines. You will doubtless recognise the Stanford model without any difficulty.

Oulined7.jpg
    800 x 800 - 105K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Although I'm right busy at the moment, clever clever Horo has written a neat little program which makes producing outlining effects so much easier and I'm just experimenting with that. As well as with the extreme range procedurals. So lots of things to experiment with - which is interesting. Here's a few second test render which uses a negative light set against ambient light to create the outlines. You will doubtless recognise the Stanford model without any difficulty.

Impressive effect. Me likes. :)

edited December 1969

@sjhayes2.

The gyro is from the 60’s. Became a popular toy probably because of the space program. That’s the problem with you young people, everything old is the 80s. ; )

I wouldn't call 54 young sj, but it does make me feel better if I think I am.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:

What would you call it then, old? There is no old, only less young. I've got a couple of years more and consider myself being in the advanced youth.
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @sjhayes2.

The gyro is from the 60’s. Became a popular toy probably because of the space program. That’s the problem with you young people, everything old is the 80s. ; )

Well, you're a few years younger than me. I'm 59. I was a science geek back in the day, then I discovered music, which is what I majored in. Everyone seems to think modern pop/rock music of the 80s is old also.

My being 59 is fine, it's my son turning 30 that makes me feel old.

edited December 1969

Horo said:
    StuartB4 said:

What would you call it then, old? There is no old, only less young. I've got a couple of years more and consider myself being in the advanced youth.

Right you are, Horo. Unless we know when we will take our last breath, we can't know when youth ends and old begins.

edited December 1969

sjhayes2 said:
    StuartB4 said:
    @sjhayes2.

Well, you're a few years younger than me. I'm 59. I was a science geek back in the day, then I discovered music, which is what I majored in. Everyone seems to think modern pop/rock music of the 80s is old also.

My great grandson being born last year made me feel old.

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

I am not telling how young I am at heart David and Horo really like the outline of the dragon that is cool!! This is nothing too great as far as pictures go but I made a fence and wanted some good or bad feedback.....probably does not go well with the landscape but oh well.....me and experiments some work and some don't......everyone is doing really advanced things with Bryce ....I moved and have been busy the last month .......but I am enjoying everyones work very much!!!! ......Trish

f2.jpg
    1290 x 644 - 715K
    edited December 1969

I think this fence is very well done, I like it.

edited December 1969

I am not telling how young I am at heart David and Horo really like the outline of the dragon that is cool!! This is nothing too great as far as pictures go but I made a fence and wanted some good or bad feedback.....probably does not go well with the landscape but oh well.....me and experiments some work and some don't......everyone is doing really advanced things with Bryce ....I moved and have been busy the last month .......but I am enjoying everyones work very much!!!! ......Trish

Moving is a hassle.

Do try and find time to drop in on the render challenge this month, Got real prizes now :)

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited December 1969

David and Horo - nice work with the outlined dragon.

Trish - love the fence, the overall render is lovely. Are the flower pots objs?

edited December 1969

Trish - The fence is "cool" (there's a word from the 60s). Love the render a lot.

chohole - Congratulations! I pray that I live to see my great grandchildren.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    sjhayes2 said:
    StuartB4 said:
    @sjhayes2.

My great grandson being born last year made me feel old.
    Well I don't have any kids, so there's no grandkids or great grandkids, but the young ones in my immediate family are my niece and nephew. He turned 53 in January, and she turned 50 three weeks ago. Talk about feeling old. Then again, my brother (their father) was 12 1/2 years older than me, and had he lived, would've been 82 two days after his daughter turned 50.

OK, I know you're all doing the mental arithmetic, but if anyone's entering Advanced Youth Horo, it's me . . . in 4 months. ~shakes head~

edited December 1969

Well I happen to like that fence a lot Trish. It almost has an African feel to it, so maybe some African pottery and such would've worked a little better in the scene. If you don't already have anything like that, I believe there a number of items in the store here that would fit in that category.
    edited December 1969

If I got it right, you beat me by a bit over five years and are probably already out of adolescence.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

@bullit35744, that looks like a very relaxing yard. I like the fence, but wonder if it might benefit from a material with some slight irregularities. I'm not sure what it's intended to be made out of, so I don't know what to suggest. for example, rough texture and hammering dents for wrought iron, rusty patches for unmaintained metal (probably not in this case), paint with slight flakes, a bit of dust or smudges here and there, etc. Not a lot, just barely enough to almost see.

I recently completed an experiment in low gravity in Bryce for the "OtherWorldly Places" contest at DreamSlayer Artworks. (since it's currently in a contest, I'm posting the link rather than the image.)
    http://www.dreamslayerartworks.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=4880&title=low-gee&cat=627
    Of course the plants' growth patterns would likely be very different, but I think it turned out ok anyway. I really don't know exactly what large water blobs would look like, so I sort of guessed and tweaked some existing water materials applied to metaballs.
    I had fun applying instances of trees around the outside of rocks pointing outward from the center, but that got me wondering, is it possible to put instances around the inside of something pointing inward too?

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Thankyou everyone for the comments if my age was a bottle of wine I would be worth quite a bit of money Ha Ha ....I guess I can get away with posting the new place since pumco put up Horo and Rashad as male dancers a few years ago remember that Horo...LOL I will miss the ducks but they are at the farm on an acre pond and my first visitor the green guy adopted a plant of mine this house needs work it was built in 1835 older than me...the pots in the picture I made by the fence are from "Infinite Gardens" I got on sale at march madness.....and 1957 was a very good year if I might say so........Trish

Untitled.png
    999 x 532 - 1M
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

Storms and something with the forum kept me off-line for a couple of days, and I see I've several pages to catch up on.

@Pam: Shrinking the bird and adding the figure is spot on, IMHO.

@Stuart: After seeing both images of the red car, I think I agree the car looks much better with turned wheels. Again, that second image looks like a photo.

@TLBKlaus: Wow. That one is so cool.

@Dave: F-u-n-n-y, nice work. Fireflies...haha

@David: You've achieved really interesting results. Looking at the dragon from that vantage point gives it a totally different look.

And to those I've missed, I really liked what I saw. And just for grins, I reached 3 score and 2 this year.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited June 2013

On age, it's all relative we are all constantly old and constantly young the differing factor is what we compare ourselves to. I was born in 1960 and I remember as a child, hoping to make it to the year 2000 because that seemed like such a long time away. I would be 40 then so obviously anyone 40 or older was very old in my eyes at that time. I was probably around 8 when I had these thoughts and if 40 to me was old then obviously at 8 I must be young. I had an Aunt, my Mother's sister who came to visit my Mother almost every weekend. Around the time I was 8 my Aunt often had her grand daughter with her who was about 3 and much to my displeasure she would follow me around and want to play. Even though I was young when comparing myself to 40 I was also far too old to be playing with this 3 year old baby.

Then one day the year 2000 came and now I was 40, oddly enough I didn't feel old, old had been pushed back to retirement age when you get your Social Security at 65. Stranger still I did feel old when I managed to win the affection of a 24 year old young lady whom I did my best to keep up with but often failed to do so, which eventually led to a parting of our ways. Now I'm 53 and I still don't feel old until some younger person calls me sir, not because they know me and respect my authority, but just because I'm old and they were taught to respect their elders. I currently still see 65 as being old but I'm extremely confident that should I be lucky enough to get there I'll then redefine what is old to me and will still be made to feel old when interacting with those much younger.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
    edited December 1969

Thankyou everyone for the comments if my age was a bottle of wine I would be worth quite a bit of money Ha Ha ....I guess I can get away with posting the new place since pumco put up Horo and Rashad as male dancers a few years ago remember that Horo...LOL

Well, I do have such a bottle of wine. Got it from a lady when I was just short of twenty. And yes, I still have that picture Len posted on 18 March 2009 in the "Shocking discovery involving two well known Brycers" thread, which cannot be accessed anymore.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

It's not the quantity of life it is the quality of life and a lot of that is down to health - or another way of putting it - chance. Of course there are things you can do to improve your chances of enjoying better health, but always you are at the mercy of your genes and your environment. Anyway, that's what I reckon. And in spite of continuing to be busy, I've also had a time for a bit of a tinker with the outlining process. Here's a little remix that adds in some interesting contours and contour controlled gradations of colour. All in Bryce (bar the work of Horo's handy little program).

Oulined8.jpg
    800 x 800 - 171K
    edited December 1969

That does look very cool.

edited December 1969

I'll second that. Very, very cool looking.

edited June 2013

Horo said:
    If I got it right, you beat me by a bit over five years and are probably already out of adolescence.

Oh yeah, definitely out of adolescence, well chronologically anyway.  ~wink~
    Post edited by Miss B on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I've been a way for a bit, but I am back now... here is a modification of a previous Bryce scene I did

reflections2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

I've gone through the topic, Nice renders everyone. I see I have a lot of catching up to do.

This discussion has been closed.