Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 4

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Sorry bullit35744 but what is PC contest? If i could post one of my renders in this contest I'll be proud.

Here's a link to the current Platinum Club contest if you are a Platinum Club member. There are new contests all the time.
    PC Inspiration Contest—June 19, 2013: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/24021/
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Jamahoney said:
    Aha...fellow Myst-er/Riven-ers all...Horo, Guss and Bullit...many thanks. I miss such like-games...old-ish now, I guess, in terms of the current GI's and graphgics now avaialble...smile. And yes, Bullit,...the old, odd page or diary lying on the floor - always a source of wonderful additional info., to solving the next puzzle or link into the next level...hahaaa...so much fun.

You can count me in that group too. In fact, that's how I got into 3D. The original Myst I bought (and Riven I think) was created with Bryce. The later versions were created with Maya, but I was so fascinated with what I saw in the original games I had to see the software used to create it. The rest, as they say, is history (with a capital "H"). ~grin~
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited June 2013

Miss B...ah, didn't know Bryce was used for Riven. Besides the puzzle side-of-things to the games that I loved, it was also the wonderful, rich, coloured environments, locations, instruments, models...etc., and all with some incredible details like runes, stange sigs' etc., inscribed onto them.

Cyan was the developer, I think. Wish someone company would produce something similar again - the graphics and animations would be ten times better, I would imagine. But, these days, it's all slash and shoot. Not that I don't have time for these either (loved, for example, the Half Life series), but as they really aren't mentally challenging, they get a bit boring seeing all that blood :smile.

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • TapiocaTundraTapiocaTundra Posts: 268
    edited June 2013

As far as I can tell Bryce was not used at all for the creation of Myst, I had found no information to indicate that it had been, I understand, StrataVision 3D was used, there is a fair amount of details to be found on the net. Wikipedia has an extensive page that might be interesting to some.
    Edit : Riven appears to have been rendered with Mental Ray using Softimage for the modelling and terrains.

Post edited by TapiocaTundra on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,381
    edited June 2013

Jay – I love the image, beautiful warm colors.

Art- well done using David’s tut.

Trish – beautiful – I would like to see some snow on the trees :)

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Tapioca...great info.,. It's somewhat ironic that it never occurred to me as to what created the games, and years later only now finding out the details, and also creating digital images myself.

Mermaid....yeah, warm scene alright, and thanks also.

Jay

• TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

mermaid...Thanks I too would like to see snow on the trees....I'm not that good......LOL

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

mermaid...Thanks I too would like to see snow on the trees....I'm not that good......LOL

Duplicate the tree, move it up on the Y axis a very tiny tad and add a snow mat to the leaves, preferably one with an alpha, so it is not too heavy.

snowy_tree.jpg
    506 x 675 - 231K
  • David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited June 2013

Still fiddling with outlining effects whenever I get a free moment at the PC.

Edit. High RPP version to go with the "sparkly" version.

Trace9.jpg
    800 x 800 - 135K
    Trace8.jpg
    800 x 800 - 222K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on
  • StuartBStuartB Posts: 596
    edited December 1969

@ bullit35744

chohole said:

Duplicate the tree, move it up on the Y axis a very tiny tad and add a snow mat to the leaves, preferably one with an alpha, so it is not too heavy.

If you do what chohole suggests and find it hard to move the tree up a tiny bit just hold the left "Alt" key down while you move the tree up with the "up" arrow in the Edit tools and it will move really slowly.

Up.jpg
    210 x 158 - 12K
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @ bullit35744

chohole said:

If you do what chohole suggests and find it hard to move the tree up a tiny bit just hold the left "Alt" key down while you move the tree up with the "up" arrow in the Edit tools and it will move really slowly.

I always tend to do it numerically from the object attributes.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,529
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I always tend to do it numerically from the object attributes.

That's what I also do. It's more precise you know what you do.

@David - I'd say the second one comes quite near to the blooming. The sparky variant looks great, too. But don't forget the neon one you did earlier.
    I've been working a bit on my modest tool. Stand-by for a major upgrade within the next days.

edited December 1969

@Horo and Chohole.

You guys must have more patience / time than me.
    I can't understand why you would go through all that , change a number, check it, change a number, check it over and
    over.
    If you use the Alt and the Up arrow you can actually see the object move in front of your eyes, surely that's easier, and it is acurate.
    Or am I missing something?

edited June 2013

Well with numbers I can move something the tiniest tad. With something like this you only need the tiniest tad, about 0,05 at the most, as you want the snow to lay on top of the leaves.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Dino GrampsDino Gramps Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

StuartB4 said:
    @Horo and Chohole.

You guys must have more patience / time than me.
    I can't understand why you would go through all that , change a number, check it, change a number, check it over and
    over.
    If you use the Alt and the Up arrow you can actually see the object move in front of your eyes, surely that's easier, and it is acurate.
    Or am I missing something?

I like numbers too. My brain works better than my hands.

edited December 1969

Well with numbers I can move something the tiniest tad. With something like this you only need the tiniest tad, about 0,05 at the most, as you want the snow to lay on top of the leaves.

Fair point chohole, guess I just got used to doing it the other way.

edited December 1969

Oh my snow on the trees cool!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much for showing me that!!!!

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Trish: Hmmm...I think that's just a magazine lying on the floor. it looks like the diary in on the table. What I'd like to do is figure out how to turn on the device in the center of the room. Love the mansion image. Makes my hands cold just looking at it. So are we going to see snow on those trees?

@Art: I really like that image. Nice work.

@David: Those experiments are producing some very interesting results.

I'm not opposed to using the Attributes window to move something, but find it more intuitive using Alt + Up in the Edit palette. Thinking back to the temple I made, I do think it might have been easier to move it slightly off horizontal using Attributes instead of the Edit palette. But really, it's six of one half a dozen of another, use what works for you.

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

The results from too much Irish Whiskey while working in Bryce.

nebula2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Rareth- Wow you do awesome work - drunk or sober. lol

Had fun with Bryce 7.1 Pro Experiments - Extreme diffuse response - by David Brinnen although I don’t understand the theory behind it. ;)

highdiffusion4.jpg
    500 x 500 - 26K
    highdiffusion2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 30K
    edited December 1969

@Rareth - perhaps it was much, but judging from the render, not too much.

@mermaid010 - Looks like David's. Nicely done.

I had also experimented a bit, though I'm presently a bit distracted by another project.

Test05.jpg
    800 x 600 - 116K
    Test02.jpg
    800 x 600 - 82K
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Had fun with Bryce 7.1 Pro Experiments - Extreme diffuse response - by David Brinnen although I don’t understand the theory behind it. ;)

you do great work yourself.

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    The results from too much Irish Whiskey while working in Bryce.

Rareth, that one looks like a natural for the Render challenge http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23118/

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Looks good to me and it shows that the unexpected feature is fairly stable and if it is any consolation, I'm not even sure I understand all the theory behind it either - and I'm the one trying to come up with that theory! But it works for you and that's the most important thing. Keep experimenting, you never know what effects something like this might throw back after a bit of prodding and poking.

edited June 2013

Rareth said:

you do great work yourself.

Correction... great work following David's cool tutorials. Thanks anyway. You should enter this render in the challenge Chohole mentioned.

Thanks Horo

Thanks David for the encouragement. I love doing your tutorials. I only hope someday I can manage a nice landscape.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@Rareth: I see two possible things in your image, a person stuck in extremely dense undergrowth or someone mucking around in the nether world. Nice work, as usual. And I have to triple the motion to enter that image into the challenge.

@mermaid: Now where did I see something similar? Hmmm...now I remember, David's tutorial. Nice job.

@Horo: For some reason, which I can't put my finger on, that first image is a magnet. The second again looks like an art deco creation. Both are great.

• cris333cris333 Posts: 107
    edited June 2013

Baby Star Nursery for Bryce

"Star formation is a very active area of research with many open questions to solve and certainly one of the areas in astronomy that delivers extremely beautiful images of the Milky Way that surrounds us."

Light spheres, dust,distorted vertical Sky slabs, random rocks (asteroids) -lens flares added in photoshop.If you like it and want to play with /improve it :

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70056/view/5/3D-Model/Baby-Star-Nursery-for-Bryce free to download and to use, created by me.Thank you.Enjoy :)

No hdr used, nor background images.

Baby_Stars_Nursery_for_Bryce-suggestion_for_lensflares-resized.jpg
    600 x 450 - 175K
    Post edited by cris333 on
    edited December 1969

Looks very nice and plausible. Like it.

edited June 2013

Guss there is a control panel next to the table I just noticed it......Ok everyone things are not always as easy as you make them seam to be unless I recolor the texture map I can't just duplicate the tree and move it up a slight bit .....now lets get into the subject of re-doing texture maps something I have wanted to know how to do for quite awhile...........................................................ok I am still waiting.............keep in mind I am a slow learner and I only have PS2 which I got free when abobe messed up and gave it away for free..........And I figure it has something to do wit making the background of the map transparent somehow and that's about all of my knowledge on that subject...........so tell me I can hardly wait!!!!

trees_with_snow.jpg
    691 x 344 - 180K
    Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 1969

I tried out ron's snow brush but like anything else it will take more practice

Winter_Home.jpg
    1403 x 700 - 1M
This discussion has been closed.