Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited July 2013

Thanks EP...I did leave your bulb in but I must have messed it up somehow. Will reload and try again next time. I can move any indifidual joints in Genesis but I have to move them and they have no constraints and my people become triple-jointed! Fingers don't seem to be morphs for Genesis in C-8 Beta? I ended up using a grasping pose.

I did have an Una done in V4...maybe will go back and work with her next. It's a huge learning curve, one I will be climbing for a very very long time. Fortunately I am using these for 2D purposes so can faff some bits if I get really confused. But it's probably best to try and learn it properly. Oh, and I did buy the spear but had to make it thicker and with a heavier fint point as Neanderthals used stabbing spears, not throwing ones as far as the academics are concerned.

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

ETA: I fixed it!! I didn't have the right body part selected...I was only getting her arm in the list for some reason, now I have the hand and the morphs popped up in the Parameters. YAY! Will sort her posing now that I've sorted this and did something more interesting with her other hand as well and ramped up the firelight. Thanks!

Cheers, SileneUK

Rok-Una2.jpg
    964 x 738 - 494K
    Post edited by SileneUK on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2013

hey laurenwbr, those scenes are really impressive !
    Are you doing this for a textbook or edcucational thing?

Post edited by Headwax on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Just working through some ideas on eyes. Liked the results so far.

quicko_V4-big.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 603K
    edited July 2013

left eye looks particularly good (our right side). It's good how you've got a bit of sclerotic scatter happening on the nasal side and it even looks like a tear film on the lower lid margin. : )

• IlenaIlena Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Another day where free time was spent in experimenting with the nature and atmosphere.

Suma_(2).jpg
    640 x 480 - 125K
  • SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

HeadWax, they are for hopefully educational purposes some day! I need to show some to my paleo-anthropology professor when he resturns from summer hols to check some things. Fingers crossed, lots more scenes to do.

Llena52, I like your nature scenes and I visited your Deviant site where I found the posting of the anime BrunuhVille video. Don't know who did it, but it choked me up. Thank you for that. It's below if anyone wants a look. Simply moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96nlOQqOmF4&list=FL6CEHjMbgLDo12XqeeUIKWA

Cheers, SileneUK

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited July 2013

Very freaking cool! I like the last two images posted here! All I had time to check out atm... I'll be back, though!
    EDIT:
    Wait! I thought I already commented on liking Silene's Cave people... Well I like what you've got going on - really cool!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Yes. I like the whole scene. Looks great!
    This is another of my experiments towards the grading and post work effects that I can now apply to my animations using Howler. Silly of me to overwrite the original. Next time I'll save the original shot so I can show you the huge difference between the stock render and this enhanced version. And, again... it's for animation clip work, not stills. This is my yet unfinished V6 version of my character. I will still need to acquire or create more expressions before I could actually use her as my actress... but I'm sure that will come soon. I still like my V4 version but this one is much better to work with as far as creating my own things for her - due to the magical possibilities between Carrara and the new Daz Studio Pro.

Excellent Image!!

edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    HeadWax, they are for hopefully educational purposes some day! I need to show some to my paleo-anthropology professor when he resturns from summer hols to check some things. Fingers crossed, lots more scenes to do.

Llena52, I like your nature scenes and I visited your Deviant site where I found the posting of the anime BrunuhVille video. Don't know who did it, but it choked me up. Thank you for that. It's below if anyone wants a look. Simply moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96nlOQqOmF4&list=FL6CEHjMbgLDo12XqeeUIKWA

Cheers, SileneUK

The info on authors is in the description I think. It's been awhile since I saw that video because of the tendency to sob halfway through it. Anima was one of most beautiful pieces done by Brunuh and with the animation it was instant KO on the emotion side.

edited July 2013

Excellent Image!!

Thanks Ringo! Amazing how fast that one got lost in the mix....
    Thanks for that. That was one of my favorites I've done with V6 and it sure didn't get much for visibility though, did it? Disappeared in the thread the day it went in! Oh well. Have you been loving that new rig? Why is it that I like Genesis 2 so much better? I try to find something that I might not like with Genesis - and it animates and poses beautifully. I think it's the shape. I am one (of the few, perhaps) who is very happy to see the male/female split - without taking away the original unisex Genesis. For me it works best to have all three - even though we haven't seen the male yet.

Truly, I really like V5 and have the Pro bundle. She will always have a home in my collection - and I'll not think twice about buying something cool made for her, even though:
    V6 is amazingly Hot! And I've seen the future of G2F get even hotter! M5 is great too as with all of the other character shapes. But all the monsters!!! Tee hee hee!!! Love those Genesis Monsters!!!

Doc1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 612K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Millennium Dragon 2 is still my favorite of all the Dragons - although I like most of them.

DragonPlateau1.jpg
    1280 x 1280 - 1M
  • shumphryshumphry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Using Dartanbecks Woodland set and PhilWs gamma correction tip. Really happy with this one.

roman-02-1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 233K
    edited December 1969

Yeah... that looks great! How long did it take to render - do you remember? Mine was taking forever with Gamma correction - but I was zoomed in on the character. I should have known to try and back off a bit first! Still. It's totally worth the added wait - especially for single-frame images.

• shumphryshumphry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yeah... that looks great! How long did it take to render - do you remember? Mine was taking forever with Gamma correction - but I was zoomed in on the character. I should have known to try and back off a bit first! Still. It's totally worth the added wait - especially for single-frame images.

Didn't actually check the exact time but I know it was less than a half hour. Here's a post of the render settings, I am still experimenting with these and not sure what each one does so this one was more good luck than skill.

PS- Have I mentioned how cool these woodland scenes are.

Untitled-1.jpg
    255 x 1080 - 99K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Millennium Dragon 2 is still my favorite of all the Dragons - although I like most of them.

Very nice!

Here's something I finished today.

Distance_Shot_Venus_03.png
    1024 x 768 - 499K
    edited December 1969

shumphry said:

Didn't actually check the exact time but I know it was less than a half hour. Here's a post of the render settings, I am still experimenting with these and not sure what each one does so this one was more good luck than skill.

PS- Have I mentioned how cool these woodland scenes are.Nice. That's not bad of a time, is it - for such a thing. You can go higher with the settings eventually, but those are pretty accurate for most eyes!
    I'm really happy to hear that you like the Woodlands kit!

Very nice!

Here's something I finished today.

That looks cool! You know - how long sci fi has been around and it's hard to find a ship that can touch the awesomeness of the battlestar-class warship, eh? I love the launch tube sections! Well... and the armor plating... water recyclers... CIC...
    Okay, I'm a fan!

edited December 1969

I'm such a sucker for dragons. Nice work Dart.

edited December 1969

Another contribution to the thread.

C.png
    1125 x 844 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Ilena52 said:

I'm such a sucker for dragons. Nice work Dart. Thanks! Me too.

edited July 2013

!

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

New figure I'm playin' with finally workin' pretty good in Carrara ;-)

Bigger versions: Untouched Carrara render, and postwork version with just some leveling and a little sharpen.

Carrara85Dawn_b_th2.png
    394 x 522 - 155K
    edited July 2013

That's not the new poser figure by any chance.? The one going to be released august 18th by that daz breakaway group? That only content providers have got a hold of?

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    edited December 1969

Only content providers and beta testers, that is. :)

The figure has (will have) both a Poser and Daz Studio version. This is the .DUF/DSF version. The poser weight-mapped version does not work out in Carrara.

edited December 1969

New Carrara Shader - using Transparency Absorption and In-scattering. Love the Carrara shader tree.

Inscattering1.jpg
    1000 x 617 - 290K
    Inscattering.jpg
    1000 x 617 - 256K
    edited December 1969

Victoria 6 using the upcoming Gia 6 skin shaders.

V6G6_image.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 361K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

A promo image from my upcoming set Carrara Portrait Studio. 16 studio type lighting sets with my render settings, lots of backdrop options and a few bonus V4 poses for good measure. I am hoping that the results largely speak for themselves.

NightlifeFinal.jpg
    1200 x 1500 - 395K
  • KibbyKibby Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

I'm going to do something a bit unique here. Giving it a Gotham City feeling rendition using Luxus.

Neon_Blimp_in_Gotham_City.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 124K
    edited July 2013

beautiful glow, lovely iridescence KibbyCabbit :)

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

KibbyCabbit : That's a great picture.

There where some discussion about modeling in Carrara. And again, because a fellow forum-member inspired me for something in my challenge picture, and my head wouldn't let that idea go...;-P

DazCowLogo.jpg
    1200 x 599 - 433K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:
    KibbyCabbit : That's a great picture.

There where some discussion about modeling in Carrara. And again, because a fellow forum-member inspired me for something in my challenge picture, and my head wouldn't let that idea go...;-P

I suspect that when Sockratease sees your lovely model and render, he will have a cowgasm!