Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

I've just been going through my really old videos that got transferred from google to youtube and were all marked private (thankfully)

there was this one however could be of interest to someone, it's about carrara refraction using morphing lenses - I must have been bored... it gives interesting effects tho

http://youtu.be/b5m2QKGFyFg

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

new Blender demo video -

http://youtu.be/1XZGulDxz9o

• shlomi laszloshlomi laszlo Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

one more

sci_fi1.png
    2000 x 1500 - 3M
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited December 1969

Episode 8 of my animated series draws closer!

To celebrate here is a Level 4 London Bus. Note it flies! Also you wouldn't want to mess with the driver.

I'm rendering a little demo of it flying along atm will post soon.

Thanks for looking.

London_bus_Demo_eg_frame.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 56K
    edited December 1969

The first I wanted to go after a video game mood; something like Fatal Frame or SH- didn't get there, but it still gave me that old school "I Don't Want To Go In" kinda feel.

My fav of the selection. The writing on the wall makes it. I'd love to see it animated with some car headlights passing by.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Episode 8 of my animated series draws closer!

To celebrate here is a Level 4 London Bus. Note it flies! Also you wouldn't want to mess with the driver.

I'm rendering a little demo of it flying along atm will post soon.

Thanks for looking.

I know it's British and not Aussie, but it has a real Mad Max kind of vibe going. Can't wait to see it fly!

edited December 1969

I know it's British and not Aussie, but it has a real Mad Max kind of vibe going. Can't wait to see it fly!

Your wish is my command!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ewvD37mKTg

Just a little preview you understand. I'll show the back and the underside later in the animated series.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Sweet ride, Steve!

edited December 1969

Sweet ride, Steve!

Thanks man. I can show the inside a little in episode 8. Prepare for future shock ... future shock ... future shock ...

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Wow, those are awesome renders !!

edited December 1969

Wow, those are awesome renders !!

I agree. It's an awesome WIP, isn't it?

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Here's an old throwaway image I did long ago while kicking around some ideas.....

Unlike most renders here, this one has TONS o' postwork. Postwork that has postworked postwork on it. :) Though I think there's a Carrara render in there somewhere... :)

Just a quick test image....not final....just for fun....just kicking around some concepts....lots more to do to make it final.... :)

Flower.jpg
    1000 x 862 - 325K
    edited August 2013

Here's an old throwaway image I did long ago while kicking around some ideas.....

Unlike most renders here, this one has TONS o' postwork. Postwork that has postworked postwork on it. :) Though I think there's a Carrara render in there somewhere... :)

Just a quick test image....not final....just for fun....just kicking around some concepts....lots more to do to make it final.... :)

Headwax uses a lot of postwork on his images. I'm not adverse to it either, unless it's a challenge or contest of some sort that forbids it. Whatever fits the artists' vision.

Nothing wrong with WIPs or proof of concept pieces either! :-)

Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

Beautiful Oriental Lilies! Why throw that away? That would make for an excellent reusable card for nearly any occasion for male or female recipient. I enjoy the post work. The canvas look, I think, gives it that 'personal' touch, don't you think? Hard to truly tell what was post and what was render, but who cares? It's a nice image, and I'm glad to (finally) see some of your work. Now I'm hungry to see more.

edited December 1969

set us free - but we are bots

1_set_us_free.jpg
    1029 x 694 - 247K
    edited December 1969

bigh said:

Neat juxtaposition with the 'toony bots, and the realistic figure!

I have the smaller robot, but have never really looked at it. I may have to open it up and mess around with it a bit.

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Neat juxtaposition with the 'toony bots, and the realistic figure!

I have the smaller robot, but have never really looked at it. I may have to open it up and mess around with it a bit.

thanks - sure give it a try ;-)

• shlomi laszloshlomi laszlo Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

just one more
    feedback is welcome

crystal_tree2.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Wow! Who says money doesn't grow on trees, eh? Sweet!
    Gonna have to stare at that one some more! ;)
    Here's another overly busy scene.

CrazySciFiCity1.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 621K
    edited December 1969

Nice one Dart!

• edited December 1969

just one more
    feedback is welcome

Wow! it looks just like the ice world that Ozzie visited in "Pandora's Star" (Peter F Hamilton) complete with the crystal trees!
    edited December 1969

brianorca said:
    just one more
    feedback is welcome

Wow! it looks just like the ice world that Ozzie visited in "Pandora's Star" (Peter F Hamilton) complete with the crystal trees!I love that image, too! :) Shaders are awesome!
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

brianorca said:

Wow! it looks just like the ice world that Ozzie visited in "Pandora's Star" (Peter F Hamilton) complete with the crystal trees!

Never would have made that connection, but now that you mention it... I think you're right. Though 'visited' is such a mild description for a place that Ozzie was stranded and nearly died in... :)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Wow! Who says money doesn't grow on trees, eh? Sweet!
    Gonna have to stare at that one some more! ;)
    Here's another overly busy scene.

Nice one Dart! I don't think it's too busy. Nor too un-busy. I think it's right in the Goldilocks zone of 'just right' :)

edited December 1969

I have C7.2 Pro and have never been able to get Yatoon to work how I expect it to. I've actually had much better luck with the included Toon scene effect. I've been playing around trying to see what I can get away with as far as how different shading effects translate, such as translucency, highlight/shininess, etc. Here's an animated .gif trying out highlight/shininess effects as well as translucency.I'm currently testing alphas to see how well (if at all) the toon scene effect works for compositing.

Jessica_toon.gif
    480 x 640 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Well that's a nice effect, don't you think?
    Have you combed through his extensive instructions? He has some great tips on how to tweak his lighting model.

Jonstark said:
    Nice one Dart! I don't think it's too busy. Nor too un-busy. I think it's right in the Goldilocks zone of 'just right' :)
    Hey, Thanks Jon!
    edited December 1969

Well that's a nice effect, don't you think?
    Have you combed through his extensive instructions? He has some great tips on how to tweak his lighting model.
    Jonstark said:
    Hey, Thanks Jon!

Since it's C7 it's the older version of YaToon. Not sure what's with it, but I've followed the tutorial included with it and have had no joy. The scene effect works nicely as you can see, and it's pretty fast. I'm going to try it on a more complex scene when I have the time. I've saved the scene as a template, so all the settings will be there.

edited December 1969

Here's my first render out of Carrara 8.5 Pro
    Didn't have time to play with my new Pro Bundles :)

HFBDA1a.jpg
    500 x 650 - 113K
    edited December 1969

Looks nice Dart!

edited December 1969

It's Howie's Beachdale in Autumn using the default camera, but with lower render settings, since I was in a hurry to go to bed. Too hot here to leave my computers on all night.