Carrara Monthly Challenge: Fabulous Prizes! VOTING NOW OPEN!

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

I'm afraid I can't compete in the area of realistic plants.
    So, here's a garden full of spring flowers.

spring-flowers.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 540K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

This is one last WIP pic. I plan to make a few more changes before the deadline. Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely add an intermediate tree.

garden_wip_2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 49K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,046
    edited December 1969

nice but I liked the naive art figure you rigged too
    we all have our Daz dollies but that was unique

edited December 1969

de3an said:

lol
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited December 1969

"nice but I liked the naive art figure you rigged too
    we all have our Daz dollies but that was unique"

It was a fun look, but It is still the same model that I rigged. I just changed the pose angle, hair shader, lighting, etc. Unfortunately, I had to return to the default hair shader. I just can't get Carrara's hair to look the way I imagine it. I guess I should revisit Wendy's youtube tutorial on rigged prop hair and weightmaps. That is very good, and I probably could get the hair to look the way I want. But, this month is about plants, so I won't obsess about the hair. (Is it obsessive to keep telling myself not to obsess about the hair?)

edited December 1969

I did not realize it was the same figure,

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

Ha ha, that's wonderfully creatively gorgeous :) gave me a big chuckle,

edited December 1969

diomede64 said:
    "nice but I liked the naive art figure you rigged too
    we all have our Daz dollies but that was unique"

It was a fun look, but It is still the same model that I rigged. I just changed the pose angle, hair shader, lighting, etc. Unfortunately, I had to return to the default hair shader. I just can't get Carrara's hair to look the way I imagine it. I guess I should revisit Wendy's youtube tutorial on rigged prop hair and weightmaps. That is very good, and I probably could get the hair to look the way I want. But, this month is about plants, so I won't obsess about the hair. (Is it obsessive to keep telling myself not to obsess about the hair?)

ah, you can be obsessed about anything you want - just as long as you can make plants out of it
    the scene is very relaxing, like having a fruit picking holdiday and getting to eat what you pick :)

seriously I made some grass with the hair thingy tother day gave it a frizz shader and it looked like real overgrown grass, but it took too long to render so I dumped it

edited December 1969

some more

that top one makes me think of one of those games where you fly obver terrain and blow things up :)
    better keep the entries to still renders?
    that way it makes the ":challenge" more accessable to more people?

by the way I hope you realise my Maze was a homage to your work Wendy, not trying to run away with the maze idea !(

edited December 1969

Wow... I have a LOT of catching up to do. I have to go level in some flagstone right now, but it's supposed to rain all week - so I'll make sure that I put this and the (finally) submission of EnvironKits: Woodlands on the top of my priority list!
    For now:
    diomede64 said:
    I need to redo that so the ground matches the foreground grass.
    I disagree with you having to redo it - but it's your tastes we need to please here. I think if you put just one more tree further back between the foreground scene and where it ends and the background starts, the difference in 'greens' looks ever so natural. What a beautiful job on everything going on in here - sweet! And the new one... yikes is that cool!

Andrew Finney... when you hired me to prune in your maze... and then you said that I would enjoy it better if you set me into the heart of it with a teleportation spell... you didn't say that you made no way to win the maze! So... how the heck do I get back out of here now?
    Very cool, my friend!

Wendy and the rest of you... I only saw that there are many more pages and links to peek at. I'll be back. This is looking very Very cool!
    Not sure if the rules allow for yet another change, but I just might have some sort of prize ready for all place winners here. I'm very proud of every entrant here.

Dart, you are very kind :) Thank you, we can always change the rules to allow more prizes!!
    Maybe you could save them up for the next challenge because you have been more than generous.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, you are the JUdge for the Highly Commended - I didn't tell you. ;)

PS best way to get out of the maze is not with the Harry Potter, you know what happened to Cedric. ....

edited December 1969

animations are what I do, but I expected it will have to be a still render so posted some.
    as to which is my entry?
    still working on more scenes to my ani so more coming
    I will pick one frame for the entry when done
    (and Guzzi it up a bit with better lighting etc)

edited June 2013

Hey Wendy :)
    No need to decide what to enter till 17th June 12 Midnight Daz time.
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_US-UT.aspx

I made the entry thread here:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23635/

Just for Entries at the moment till voting starts, then open slather.

:)

Post edited by Headwax on
  • FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

Very creative! I really like the gnome peeking over the flowers in the background.

edited December 1969

I took a short break from my image to play around with another idea I've had for some time - close up of dew drops in a morning field of flowers.

This is not a submission for the challenge because the flowers are actually from a picture. I suppose I'll get around to completing this idea by adding my own flowers, sky, and HDRI background. Just not enough time before next week.

FD

Morning_Dew_03.jpg
    1400 x 1100 - 824K
    edited December 1969

Brilliant idea FD, the concept of a close up reflecting the closer "universe" is superb.
    Those droplets looked great even on my Kindle (I checked it last night but couldn't reply)

cheers

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Brilliant idea FD, the concept of a close up reflecting the closer "universe" is superb.
    Those droplets looked great even on my Kindle (I checked it last night but couldn't reply)

cheers

Thanks! Motivation to pursue this soon. Was thinking more stem details, more flowers, and an hdri background would look very nice.

edited December 1969

pleasure, gah it's the 13th, better get a work on myself :)

edited June 2013

started on my grotto plants
    Monstera deliciosa https://www.box.com/s/tsws4rzv7nt5a4ax0yhv
    prob needs work but anyone can have it

Doc3.png
    1920 x 1736 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Philemo_CarraraPhilemo_Carrara Posts: 1,175
    edited December 1969

Maybe a coincidence. ;-)

Have you seen that: Tiny weeds by Nobiax ?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited June 2013

Two more days and the competition is high. Let's see what you've got, folks!

Doc3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 1M
    Woodlands_Custom_Trees.jpg
    1450 x 1933 - 2M
    Promo_EKW1a.jpg
    1280 x 1664 - 2M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

sidetracked

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

No... Wendy! Focus! LOL

Wow, this is a tough call so far. There are some really nice renders in here. High praise to Head Wax for dragging such inspiration out into the open, and kudos to all whom have come to answer the call!
    Bravo... Bravo!!!

edited December 1969

something came up
    and I am under a non-disclosure clause about just what it is.
    will try to squeeze a render in tomorrow at the nth hour!
    my beta testing sidetrack is hogging Carrara at the moment!!
    (not Daz involved either!)

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    (grumble) Not getting notifications again.

Some interesting stuff going on.

I think I've about got a complete image. Spending tonight with postwork. I don't normally spend this much time on one image. You guys are making me work much too hard. :)

Later.

Much too hard? Now where is that whip ? :)

OK, fine! Here's my final wip image. As I said in the beginning, I decided to make this into a fairy image for my new fairy series, so I did. The fairy is a V4 using just about every morph she's got. The texture comes from RDNA from a vendor called Arki. The texture set comes in a bundle called Orchid Faes. Only beginning to scratch the surface with that bundle. Her hair is Carrara dynamic hair created by yours truly.

This is the final image straight out of Carrara before post work. I'm going to run over to the contest thread and post the final in a bit.

Doc2.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 423K
    edited December 1969

started on my grotto plants
    Monstera deliciosa https://www.box.com/s/tsws4rzv7nt5a4ax0yhv
    prob needs work but anyone can have it

Thanks Wendy downloading now, looks like a handy mesh to have hanging on my verandah :)

edited December 1969

Philemo said:
    Maybe a coincidence. ;-)

thanks for that ,
    what a good collection to grow out of nooks and cranny's in renders :)

edited December 1969

Two more days and the competition is high. Let's see what you've got, folks!

:) I'm looking forward to seeing this released Dart, you've worked long and hard, I'm sure it will be a winner,

edited December 1969

something came up
    and I am under a non-disclosure clause about just what it is.
    will try to squeeze a render in tomorrow at the nth hour!
    my beta testing sidetrack is hogging Carrara at the moment!!
    (not Daz involved either!)

Oh I had a glass of wine last night, now I can't find my head, i think it is stil on the pillow ....

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    (grumble) Not getting notifications again.

Some interesting stuff going on.

I think I've about got a complete image. Spending tonight with postwork. I don't normally spend this much time on one image. You guys are making me work much too hard. :)

Later.

Much too hard? Now where is that whip ? :)

OK, fine! Here's my final wip image. As I said in the beginning, I decided to make this into a fairy image for my new fairy series, so I did. The fairy is a V4 using just about every morph she's got. The texture comes from RDNA from a vendor called Arki. The texture set comes in a bundle called Orchid Faes. Only beginning to scratch the surface with that bundle. Her hair is Carrara dynamic hair created by yours truly.

This is the final image straight out of Carrara before post work. I'm going to run over to the contest thread and post the final in a bit.

that's one fine image David, the foreground reminds me of some PreRaphalite work I have seen.

There's some great images popping up in the challenge thread.

:) (that's a smile gif)

It's heartwarming to see the wonderful work that Carrara can produce!

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Philemo said:
    Maybe a coincidence. ;-)

thanks for that ,
    what a good collection to grow out of nooks and cranny's in renders :)

Just looking through Nobiax's gallery there. He's got a ton of very useful stuff. :)