Sad News - Passing of Wgdjohn

13»

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701
    edited February 2018

I don’t mind sharing a pic,  ...  you all lost a friend as much as I lost an uncle. 

Thanks for that mini profile of an apparently neat guy - the kind you'd like to have as a neighbor - especially if his gracious niece stopped by every-so-often for a beer or glass of wine.

Even in the world of computer forum ASCII, you could tell he wanted the world to be a better place, and had fun trying to make it so.

cheers,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

I don’t mind sharing a pic, I only have a million and ten ha He was a wonderful person with a great personality and sense of humor. Loved fast cars, photography at one point, scuba diving, amiga (for anyone who remembers that), and anything computer related just about, cooking, gardening. Lots to keep him busy since he retired young. He was not married and did not have kids, but his brother (my dad) being his only sibling, except my Uncle Sam who is a step brother from korea, meant that he took me and my brother under his wing and took care of us just as I imagine he would if he had his own kids. From helping us buy vehicles to paying for school. I owe most of my education to him which without I would not have my awesome career! Always owned red 2-door sports cars that I can remember haha his last being a cougar of all things. He enjoyed music and trying out new restaurants. That was always a favorite thing for me, going to dinner with my  uncle. Fun fact that still blows my mind that he never told me, my father did recently, my uncle owned a time share/lot in the BAHAMAS earlier in life because he went scuba diving there so much. He supported my love for ice skating by taking me to see Stars on Ice idk how many times until they stopped coming to St. Louis. It’s with great sadness that we had to say goodbye in the manner in which we did. He will be missed terribly. Thanks for all of your all’s support and condolences to you all, you all lost a friend as much as I lost an uncle. 

Thank you for this post.  Wonderful man.  Great to learn more about other interests and hobbies.  I hope you saw that his modeling thread has been permanently stickied at the top of the forum (thanks to Sonja and Pam).

• I did. Hope you all continue to reference and utilize it just as much

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Diomede said:

I don’t mind sharing a pic, I only have a million and ten ha He was a wonderful person with a great personality and sense of humor. Loved fast cars, photography at one point, scuba diving, amiga (for anyone who remembers that), and anything computer related just about, cooking, gardening. Lots to keep him busy since he retired young. He was not married and did not have kids, but his brother (my dad) being his only sibling, except my Uncle Sam who is a step brother from korea, meant that he took me and my brother under his wing and took care of us just as I imagine he would if he had his own kids. From helping us buy vehicles to paying for school. I owe most of my education to him which without I would not have my awesome career! Always owned red 2-door sports cars that I can remember haha his last being a cougar of all things. He enjoyed music and trying out new restaurants. That was always a favorite thing for me, going to dinner with my  uncle. Fun fact that still blows my mind that he never told me, my father did recently, my uncle owned a time share/lot in the BAHAMAS earlier in life because he went scuba diving there so much. He supported my love for ice skating by taking me to see Stars on Ice idk how many times until they stopped coming to St. Louis. It’s with great sadness that we had to say goodbye in the manner in which we did. He will be missed terribly. Thanks for all of your all’s support and condolences to you all, you all lost a friend as much as I lost an uncle. 

Thank you for this post.  Wonderful man.  Great to learn more about other interests and hobbies.  I hope you saw that his modeling thread has been permanently stickied at the top of the forum (thanks to Sonja and Pam).

Not a unilateral decision on my part,  I do have to consult the team.  Moderation is teamwork on the Daz forums.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988

I did. Hope you all continue to reference and utilize it just as much

I hope you recieved your DAZ prize ok from the last Carrara Challenge... great to see who John was.. a great fella yes