••••Carrara Freebie! Fantasy Village!••••

13»

Comments

• 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

"You can hide the visibility of things like the various replicators. I designed them to be modular. Also, any props you don't want can be deleted. So, if you don't want the dam and it's group of objects, select the dam's group in the instances list and hit the delete key. The same for the stone walls. You can even delete the replicators if you want. If you Save As and save with a different file name you don't have to worry about overwriting the original scene file.

If you want just the terrain and shader, you can select the terrain and drag that to whatever directory you wish in the Objects Browser."

EVIL
    Thanks I should have realised all of the above - and read your manual !! well I did sort of.

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    yes, same thing happened to me, but everything is so well marked in directort names etc was simple to find
    nice work evil

I echo Wendy, head wax and Miss B -- Carrara asks me to locate the distrib map (FT-Upper-Left-Tree-distr.jpg) and the grass-color.jpg. Sorry I didn't mention this sooner.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited June 2013

I shall look into it! I may have to install Carrara on my external bootable drive and test it. Thank you all so much for the feedback. I hope to have an update of the scene file by this weekend. Work has been a pain so if it's delayed, don't be too upset!

Happy rendering!

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    head wax said:
    yes, same thing happened to me, but everything is so well marked in directort names etc was simple to find
    nice work evil

I echo Wendy, head wax and Miss B -- Carrara asks me to locate the distrib map (FT-Upper-Left-Tree-distr.jpg) and the grass-color.jpg. Sorry I didn't mention this sooner.

Oh. Yeah. Me, too. But only the FT-Upper-Left-Tree-distr.jpg.

edited December 1969

nice work evil

I echo Wendy, head wax and Miss B—Carrara asks me to locate the distrib map (FT-Upper-Left-Tree-distr.jpg) and the grass-color.jpg.

Me Too not a big deal though !

edited June 2013

Hey guys, I've updated the scene file and the Read-me. actually, I changed the name of the Read-me file to manual. ;-) Hopefully Carrara won't have to ask where maps and such are located. I didn't go through all the objects I've included with the scene, but since most of them utilize procedural shaders I'm not to worried. Here's the drop box link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7370483/Fantasy-terrain1.7.zip

Thanks for the feedback from everybody. It really helps!

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Hey guys, I've updated the scene file and the Read-me. actually, I changed the name of the Read-me file to manual. ;-) Hopefully Carrara won't have to ask where maps and such are located. I didn't go through all the objects I've included with the scene, but since most of them utilize procedural shaders I'm not to worried. Here's the drop box link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7370483/Fantasy terrain1.7.zip

Uh oh, that link's giving me a 404 error page.
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Forgot to hyphenate between Fantasy and terrain. I edited my post above to fix it. Hopefully it'll work!

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Yes it works, thank you :-)

edited December 1969

Cool beans! Glad I didn't totally FUBAR DropBox.

edited December 1969

Forgot to hyphenate between Fantasy and terrain. I edited my post above to fix it. Hopefully it'll work!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm still getting error 404. I have tried many combinations of your link mainly as below after inserting hyphen as you said.

Strange - I just previewed my post and clicked on this link and it worked !!!!!! l

anyway here's my latest image - effect is a bit overdone but there is a limit to my time playing with it.

cheers

v4m4_joust_2.jpg
    1365 x 768 - 158K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited December 1969

thanks Evil for all your hard work!
    Ooseven, that render looks great with the flash of light!
    What ambient settings are you using out of interest?

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited June 2013

Miss B said:

Downloading as I write this. Thank you sir!! ~wide grin~

Edited to add: Loaded up without a single prompt for textures. ~wink~

This time I remembered to change the default size of the render to something a bit larger. Click to see unfuzzy.

FantasyTerrain2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 417K
    Post edited by Miss B on
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    thanks Evil for all your hard work!
    Ooseven, that render looks great with the flash of light!
    What ambient settings are you using out of interest?

Thankyou.
    From memory I think ambient was set to 0 - but I added a couple of distant lights one is blueish which you can see added to the armour reflection. What I"ve realised and most often forget is that if you set up your camera and lights and get it nice THEN change camera view even slightly the results change.
    In this scene the "flash" is not positioned on the sword as it was in another angle and the " dust" around the horses feet doesn't look as good as in another angle.The lance also is a bit out f place because i positioned it in another Camera angle to look like it was knocked out of his hand but didn't correct it in the final render..What it means is everytime you change camera Angle you have to look hard at what effect it had with the lighting and props.With so many spot renders going on it's easy to overlook the detail.Even writing about it now is hammering the point home.

I also rendered this scene close up which I like better because it gets to the detail of the clothing etc but also shows up my errors.

The beauty of Evil's Set is that it has inspired me to actually try to create something. I can already see other images in my head using other parts of his scene.

(note smileys still not working )

v4m4_joust_1.jpg
    1365 x 768 - 177K
    edited December 1969

0oseven said:

The beauty of Evil's Set is that it has inspired me to actually try to create something. I can already see other images in my head using other parts of his scene.

(note smileys still not working )

I have to thank Dartanbeck for inspiring me to get off my kiester with the work he's been doing on his woodlands enviro-kit. The beauty of Carrara is that if you like a tree in the scene, drag it to your browser! If you want a prop like a fence post, go ahead and do the same thing.

I would suggest that you look at any shader that you like as well so that if you're a novice with them, you can see how they were made. I'm particularly happy with the shader on the dam, the leaves on the cattails, and the wood on the fence posts. I consider myself intermediate with the shaders. Holly is the guru in my book, along with RoguePilot and some others who I feel bad about not mentioning specifically because they're names aren't popping into my head at the moment. ;-)

edited December 1969

I've posted the file at my ShareCG account and updated the first post to add the link and a direct link to the DropBox file. They're both the same version.

ShareCG:
    http://www.ShareCG.com/v/69697/view/5/3D-Model/Fantasy-Village-terrain

DropBox:

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Boss.
    I have really been having fun with this. I should probably shoot some stills to show you. This one, with the flowering tree I made for the Garden contest thread, is using the people of the village. Rosie and I are just coming into town... and something just isn't right. The villagers are scared and the militia looks batter, tired and even more scared. Better find out what's going on. BTW, that tree isn't part of the show... that is the one fairly recent shot I have that isn't avi

Sir EvilProducer...
    Once again... Thank you so much for this incrediblistic act of generosity!

3LTreeFVc85a.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 788K