Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• Quick 5 minute render of the starting of the sleeve.  Haven't worked over seams, of course, that's last. ;D

• Getting a hint of the darker side of things.  Titled "Patiently Waiting"

• Ohh nice. The skulls on the wrist look like a bracelet.

Not sure I want to meet him in a dark alley :P 

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Not sure I want to know what he is waiting for :) looking good though, and I love the look of that sleeve :)

• Thanks, both of you.

Ten to one, he's waiting for me to get his backside done and into promos.  lol

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Mikhail:

MikhailTM102021.jpg
    1740 x 2245 - 3M
  • Holy moly- well done with Mikhail, he looks smexy!  Thank you for posting him!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Tries to wipe up the drool off the floor!!!

Damn smexy @Daventaki!!!

• Afternoon everyone!

I live-kinda.  Between work and home, it's been crazy; however, now we are a household of Covid.  The office, it seems, is not at 30% capacity as most of the employees are now home instead of in the office.  Vaccinated or not, this SUCKS.  

Hope you are all taking care of yourselves, while we do the same. 

Happy New Year.

• Glad to read your update, DarwinMishap! I kept wondering what happened to you. Wishing the best to you and your family.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,072

Well.  'nother update- I am now starting the slow process (due to wi-fi) of downloading/installing all of my programs, aps, and content that are not already saved on the two externals.  

*grin* New 'Puter Issues.  Whoo- can't wait to see how this one renders.  By next weekend, I should have some additional test renders to show, finally!

• Glad to read your update! I've missed your post and your figures!

Thank you!  Been working on getting back here, and am looking forward to new character ideas my s/o and I have come up with in the past months. lol  More voices in my head.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Good to hear you and yours are doing well Dar :) and looking forward to see what comes from those ideas ^^

Thanks! Hopefully, with the new system as well (once everything is set up the way I want), I'll be able to do more.  *insert maniacle laugher here*

Three test renders of a new base facial sculpt; later will be to hammer out the finer details and finalize the head morph sculpt in zbrush.  I'm naming this one Jean-Pierre:

I used three sets of hand-dialed micro-expressions on him to see how well the different emotional expression dials work together on his sculpt.  I like.  Gonna keep this one. ;)

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

DM, whatever happened to Damek? https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6790186/#Comment_6790186

I think the last we heard, you were working on a sleeve, and then life got crazy. Did he just not work out?

Heya, vwrangler!

Damek is still on the table.  However, once I moved everything over from the old tower to the new tower I realized I mis-saved 90% of his morphs.  I will be opening the scenes saved in previous renders to re-save the files into a different runtime so that they are correct, but wanted to test out the system first. Hence, Jean-Pierre. XD

Good news: All three head morphs for Damek, as the rest of the others, now work in the new system/installation on the HD.  Once I get all of his skin settings set up correctly (found some mis-labeled files as well), I'll have his tats, LIE, and additional skin settings to work out and he'll be ready for testing.  *whew*

• Glad to hear things are on the up Dar. Hope things continue to improve both on the health front and on the "new pc-itis teething troubles".

As always I look forward to picking up your next release. How is Genesis 8.1 working out for you ?

David

Thanks, David!

The new UVs were at first confusing for me only to be able to work with them in blacksmith, but I got it figured out.  ......crap, which I need to reinstall.  Oi.  I'll be re-setting up the material files on Damek today for as long as I can before we have to go out, so hopefully I can post a quick "he's ready to continue on and be finished" render. lol

Face shape 3 for Damek (as seen in the gallery with the long red hair) and the base skin with Heterchormatic eyes vrs. 1.  Working on the fibermesh brows with the light blonde coloring on them; didn't really match the hair mat, but eh.

edited April 2022

(edit, double post-oops)

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
    edited May 2022

updating tats.  Fingers will have three or four sayings (this one is Game Over), and arm tat 1 worked out.  Also worked over the veins in the trans maps as they were too dark, and had to redo the disp. maps for the veins as they weren't lining up right either.

Finally got the mesh brows/lashes done: Black, blonde, red, brown, white.   He's wearing the blond here with the red eyes and infected socket textures.  Fantasy facial accent morph over the second head morph and fantasy teeth.  Was testing how the brows attached over the fantasy facial accent morph as the last few times they wouldn't follow the sculpt at all.  Which was frustrating.  Saved out the base skin settings (gloss, translucency, SSS), and will be resaving the base figure as I have tweaked the normal maps and teeth/mouth gloss a bit more.  Started working on the second arm tattoo, but not happy with it so not showing it yet.  Gonna set up some thumbnails after resaving the base figure again to at least let the system work those out while we head out for part of the day. Progress is going slow, but I'm only working on these on the weekends now rather than during the week to save my sanity.

edited December 2022

Well, things have not gone as planned... Anywho.

This is the project atm: JeanPierre for G9 Male.  Damek's files were transferred over to the new drive, and he was Not working out the way I wanted before life took over and side-tracked any/all artwork plans I had.

I didn't get to work with G8.1 at all, really, although I did try a little bit at making Damek work for it-they just didn't. I couldn't get his skins to work the way I wanted, and the tattoos were like pulling teeth to the point I ended up severely frustrated and honestly-quite angry.  When a project gets me to that point, it's time to put it away.  I may go back to the idea at a later point, I may not, but now-he's shelved.

This is what I have done so far-morphs.  Fae Ear, Head, Body.  Working on the new system with new standards and new ideas is going to be slow, but at least I have time this week to actually get some hours into this figure.  

He needs some eye correctives for the eyes closed (as most of my fae ended up needing), and I am looking into something a little more unique for his fang morphs rather than the usual, simple points.  Once those are settled, I am going to be getting into the HD details of the figure such as certain wrinkles, etc.  Little things, but those little things tend to help a great deal.

I do plan on putting him into Substance for his paint/make ups-learning on the idea of making skin from scratch as well, but not for this figure.  I am not putting anything into him that I've not done more than "practice".

I do have an idea, however: if anyone has a suggestion or want of a type (style only-no copies) of ink and/or body paint you'd like to see added, I'm game in trying!  Post ideas here or you can send links to me via PM.  If I find anything I may be able to work with, I'll post that info here. ;)  Happy Holidays, everyone.  Stay safe, warm, and secure.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Looking good!!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

DarwinsMishap said:

Well, things have not gone as planned... Anywho.

This is the project atm: JeanPierre for G9 Male.  Damek's files were transferred over to the new drive, and he was Not working out the way I wanted before life took over and side-tracked any/all artwork plans I had.

I didn't get to work with G8.1 at all, really, although I did try a little bit at making Damek work for it-they just didn't. I couldn't get his skins to work the way I wanted, and the tattoos were like pulling teeth to the point I ended up severely frustrated and honestly-quite angry.  When a project gets me to that point, it's time to put it away.  I may go back to the idea at a later point, I may not, but now-he's shelved.

This is what I have done so far-morphs.  Fae Ear, Head, Body.  Working on the new system with new standards and new ideas is going to be slow, but at least I have time this week to actually get some hours into this figure.  

He needs some eye correctives for the eyes closed (as most of my fae ended up needing), and I am looking into something a little more unique for his fang morphs rather than the usual, simple points.  Once those are settled, I am going to be getting into the HD details of the figure such as certain wrinkles, etc.  Little things, but those little things tend to help a great deal.

I do plan on putting him into Substance for his paint/make ups-learning on the idea of making skin from scratch as well, but not for this figure.  I am not putting anything into him that I've not done more than "practice".

I do have an idea, however: if anyone has a suggestion or want of a type (style only-no copies) of ink and/or body paint you'd like to see added, I'm game in trying!  Post ideas here or you can send links to me via PM.  If I find anything I may be able to work with, I'll post that info here. ;)  Happy Holidays, everyone.  Stay safe, warm, and secure.

Glad you are back & just in time for Genesis 9. You are wanted as a PA from a customer standpoint and needed. I think you should find it easy, if you like, to make both sets of textures for male & female, and have lots more customers.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113

For makeups, anything in similar style to your Jared for G8M or Tathar for G8M. I've always liked your LIE makeups too.

As for the body, not too picky. I've always found your tattoo and body makeup designs to be both beautiful and tasteful. Whatever you make will be great.

• Thank you to everyone that has commented, I greatly appreciate it. :D

I hope everyone is staying warm, safe, and had a great holiday weekend.  I'm working a bit today up in the office on him, as today is my last day off of the day job vacay I took for the week of my birthday and Christmas.