Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,786

I like these latest bodyhair pictures! Although I can't see a difference between the two versions... but they look good to me!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

The hair is a dark brown/black which is my usual base for black hair when I test; The hairs will have the usual gamat of colors; red, blonde, white, black, brown, gray, etc.

Ok great now I can't wait to see the finished product!!

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

The hair is a dark brown/black which is my usual base for black hair when I test; The hairs will have the usual gamat of colors; red, blonde, white, black, brown, gray, etc.

Ok great now I can't wait to see the finished product!!

I'm always impatient to see the finished product. Dar's boys are always so appealing.

• I agree, the difference is faint; but still, I'll leave both sets. Lol

Thank you, everyone!  I do appreciate everyone's views and comments, and am glad that my characters are welcomed and wanted. :) 

• So...back to the office today.  XD

Hopefully soon I'll have more updates on this dude.  Until then- HOW is everyone?

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

I am doing as well as can be expected!

This whole Covid-19 thing is so over rated!!!

Until then- HOW is everyone?

DUDE, LOADED QUESTION!

(I'm fine!)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I'm in good mood and well actually thanks. And I hope you all are too.

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I'm well now, was rather sick for a while but is good now :) Hope you and yours are well!

• Wow- so sorry, I didn't get notifications of responses. Again. lol

We're doing alright; it feels odd with me back at the office again.  My partner is still working from home, however, due to the co-morbidity health issues.  Otherwise, we're doing pretty well ourselves, thank you!

Trying to start the process of prepping for holidays and holiday travel as usual at the end of the year.  Unfortunately, the new dude won't make it out for Halloween as I had planned.  I had to put him aside for a few to concentrate on a few things here first that need tending too.  But, I will post again with him as soon as I can.

• Hi @DarwinsMishap! I'm just checking in. It's been a while. I see you've been a very busy boy. I love the new guy. I'm always amazed at your talent.

• Thanks so much, KM!

Unfortunately, I've lost a lot of time due to weather issues; we've just gotten power back this afternoon and had been without since last Monday afternoon.  But-we have it now, so, can't complain overmuch. 

• Didn't forget about Dom (Domonkos); just finished working through the body/face bumps and redoing sections completely.  Finally got him set up (have his gens to work over now that the skin's been reworked-oi), base-wise.

He's here with his beard, brows, both arm/hand/chair hair sets (I may just combine each set into 1 preset as separately they are not all that much different), and his green eyes.  I used one of Cake's new HDRI sets, and the eye light preset from Perfect Portraits for that extra gleam.

He looks really great! Droolworthy for sure :)

edited November 2020

I'm gonna have to deploy that dForce goo by Kindred Arts to illustrate the way I'm drooling over this :)

Post edited by Hylas on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,816
    edited November 2020

Didn't forget about Dom (Domonkos); just finished working through the body/face bumps and redoing sections completely.  Finally got him set up (have his gens to work over now that the skin's been reworked-oi), base-wise.

Ah, OK, that explains it. I was thinking at first that he didn't look quite the same as the guy with the red tattoos you were working on in September, but a new texture would explain that. What made you rework it so extensively?

Also, I meant to ask earlier and forgot: whereabouts do you live that you were losing power due to weather? Are you down in hurricane country?

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

Didn't forget about Dom (Domonkos); just finished working through the body/face bumps and redoing sections completely.  Finally got him set up (have his gens to work over now that the skin's been reworked-oi), base-wise.

Ah, OK, that explains it. I was thinking at first that he didn't look quite the same as the guy with the red tattoos you were working on in September, but a new texture would explain that. What made you rework it so extensively?

Also, I meant to ask earlier and forgot: whereabouts do you live that you were losing power due to weather? Are you down in hurricane country?

It probably has to do with the lighting as well; the skin itself hadn't a lot of work done to it, it was mostly the bump and normals.   The neck/shoulder area was really pixelated after compressing the bump files and it was just...horrid.  I had to redo them and update the normals to match for a passible skin area.

As for losing power; we had a massive (one of the worst) ice storm in OK.  Over 600,000 customers lost power per the power company email that was sent out to all of their customers.  Our backyard and most of the neighborhood trees look like a bomb hit.

• Love how Dom is shaping up. Ice storms are so pretty with all that ice dripping from the trees, but oh so deadly. We had a few bad ones when I lived in Upstate NY. That ice gets really heavy on those power lines bring them down like they were nothing. I'm glad things are back to normal and you are safe.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

The Light from the Window

Fans of Darwin's work may recognize this fellow.

#madewithdaz

#movember

• Thank you, KM.  Things are kinda getting back to normal that way-we've had a lot go on in the past couple of weeks that have nothing to do with the weather that won't add up to normalcy in the rest of the ways.  It will get better.

Oo, I know who that is in the render!  Very well done, and thank you for using him!  I love the lighting in this.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I've missed so much!  Very much looking forward to getting caught up with your gorgeous characters

• Thank you!  Welcome back! Hopefully soon I'll have more to show. ;)

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074
    edited November 2020

Just wanted to show some unused renders for Leyna for G8M that I did: slapped the three png images with no background onto a background, lightened it a bit and added a little contrast and sharpening.  She's wearing the G3F Bodysuit in two of them with the Badgirls Texture set from Linday and a G8M Cool Style Outfit in the middle render.  Didn't have to adjust the G3F bodysuit at all- this is how it autofitted to her morphs.  I didn't fix the poke through to show how it auto fitted directly onto her. The Hoop ear rings were the freebies I did for G3F, converted to G8M and have updated textures and two additional materials added to the gold/silver combo from the freebie set. Oh- the pose used in the two back renders are from G8F with no tweaking, and the middle render is a pose from G8M with a slight move of the forearm to pull it closer to the chin. Both hair sets are G8M as well.  ;)  

Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • Oi.

I LIVE-or rather, the PC does again.

On the afternoon hours of the 22nd of this month, there was a quiet "pop" and blam- no pc.  The PSU blew on the tower.  Completely fried out.  After two days of looking for a replacement part, or something that would fit (measurement wise) in the space in the tower I have and coming up with zip, I was dreading the idea of having to buy a new PC Tower.  Tho- it'd have been nice to upgrade the video graphics card (I am still running a Nvidia GTX 950), I didn't want to spend the money considering December is coming up with more holidays, holiday travel, and bills.

Luck was with me and I found 1 that suddenly showed up on ebay; I think it was available for a whole half hour before I grabbed that bad boy and got it yesterday afternoon!  It took a few hours (considering I never ripped apart a tower to the point of stripping it down to the front and back panels) since I cleaned the entire tower inside and out as I went, but I did something right and it booted up and viola!  

........not only did I not want to buy an new PC at this point, but I didn't wanna loose all of the work I did on Domonkos, either.  I hadn't moved his files on the back up external yet, but you can bet your pinky toe I did first thing when this baby booted up and was ready to go.  

Welcome back Dar! I am in the situation where I fear my computer will die on me (it's about 10 years old lol ) aas I genuinly can't afford a new one at the moment, so I can relate to your problem :) I'm glad it sorted itself though, and that you didn't lost your work of course :)

• I'm glad you got it sorted DM. These things always happen when it's most inconvenient.

I had something similar happening. My monitor suddenly said a sort of sizzling sound and then just went black. Fortunately, I had an old monitor stashed away but forget about doing anything else than regular surfing on it. I found a used Benq monitor at a cheap price so am up and running again.

Regarding Back up. I use Backblaze besides an external hard drive back up. They have a monthly plan that fits my budget. If you want to try them out, send me a PM and I can send you a link where you get a month free to try it out  (goes for anybody who would like to try it out )  :) 

• Glad you got it sorted out DM! Yeah, this is a bad time of year for unexpected expenses.

• Thank you!!

I hope it fixes the situation, and I may pm you later FM; for now I gotta get downstairs.

A really quick tester of tattoo work after coloring in the various areas on the arm/chest area.  Not sure if I'm in love with these at all.  I don't know if I'm just tired, or if they are really that Meh.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,816
    edited December 2020

DarwinsMishap said:

Thank you!!

I hope it fixes the situation, and I may pm you later FM; for now I gotta get downstairs.

A really quick tester of tattoo work after coloring in the various areas on the arm/chest area.  Not sure if I'm in love with these at all.  I don't know if I'm just tired, or if they are really that Meh.

Well, for what it's worth, the sleeve on his right arm looks interesting. The one on his chest ... honestly, I can't quite tell what it is. It looks like a gas mask with horns over maybe a flayed-open chest, with the mask where his heart would be. Is that right? (Also, it looks like it pokes into his right nipple, and completely covers the left, and most real-life chest tattoos don't seem to do that -- I gather that tattooing nipples is ferociously painful.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Feel free to PM whenever you have time, no rush :) 

Hmm I like the right arm tattoo, not quite sure about the rest.