29th Bryce Render Challenge ~~~Reflection~~~

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,508

Indeed, it's better how the lady swims and the not-anymore-metaball has its reflection on the water over a part of the lady. cheeky

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited May 2018

Cheers, Horo: a reflection on our oceans, seas, waters, food-chain - and our plastic habits/use (what,. are we eating???)

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 920

Jamahoney: Thanks.

I cannot see your Pic... there's nothing

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Jay, have you removed the attachment that gave the url for your in line image?

edited May 2018

Ooops, sorry, Chohole...I intentionally removed it - was thinking of unnecessary double imaging, so will bear it in mind for the future (used to other sites, where such isn't required). Final submission!

Yellow Pen...apologies, hopefully, you can see the image now (was testing/experimenting).

Jay

ReflectionOnPlastics3.jpg
    1367 x 470 - 491K

Once there is one thumbnail you can post as many copies of it as you like, all over the place, using just the one thumb, so it becomes a lot easier to make voting threads and such.

edited May 2018

Chohole...you are magic smiley...again, sorry for the confusion.

Jay

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,118

_And , still Incomplete_``~...

ROKT_DREM-1A-F1.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 51K
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,118
    edited May 2018

adbc: Horses_ _excellent

Jamahoney : Reflection about plastics_ _very good

Post edited by ed3D on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884
    edited May 2018

adbc: very nice and peaceful horses render.

Jamahoney: So, that is the plastic soup? Horrible, does not taste good. But good render.

ed3D: Good strange start. How about showing a something special in the mirror, e.g. a lush landscape in the background or so, which does not really fit the view outside of the mirror?

My second entry: "A few drops of rain" I used an older scene, but modified it and added some drops with a reflective water texture. In postwork, I brightened it a bit, because it had become very dark. The pavillion is a freebie. The trees I made in NgPlant. The drop comes with one of the sets of items in one of the Bryce versions.

A few drops of rain.jpg
    875 x 875 - 726K
    Post edited by Hansmar on

Ah, there it is Jamahoney smiley

I think its not healthy for the Lady to swim there...

Hansmar: it's a nice Idea with this big reflecting drop.

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ Hansmar : interesting concept. Makes me also think of a teardrop

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Henryhor, Yellow Pen, Jamahoney, Hansmar : thank you

Jamahoney : Reflection about plastics : very good entry.

Hansmar : A few drops of rain : very original and well done.

ed3D - good start.

Hansmar - A few drops of rain looks very nice. I used those drops for reflection quite a while ago https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/53147/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-9/p83 but I couldn't use them for this challenge.

edited May 2018

Thanks, ed3D...and look forward to your final WIP.

Oh yeah, Hansmar, forgot about how drops of rain would make for an apt use of reflection...very good, and, how the Gazebo doesn't appear in the landscape, but does appear reflected in the drop...smart.

Cheers, AdBc

Jay

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,360

Jay - the 2nd render is very good.

Ed3D - looking forward to the completed result

Hansmar - wow very nice rain drops.

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444

@mermais010...   Alpine REflections...beautiful image
    @horo...Reflected Reflexions... very nice abstract... great explanation,  Reflecting Life ... Instead of having dead eyes like so many of our politicians, this dead guy's eyes are full of life.   Reflecting the Past... really like the Sun's glow..
    @dracheblords...Trying to Reflect My Thoughts... Very Cool...Love it... What Matters Most is How You See Yourself.. is so cute... great reflections,  Dance of rthe Vampires  great expression of shock on her...
    @yellow pen... A Dragon In the Puddle... Very nice image, really like the waters' edge amid the stones,  Mystic Angel very pretty image,  Sunglasses is very wonderful and truely great reflections
    @hansmar... Dragonshout very colorful interesting image...A Few Drops of Rain is really wonderful
    @henryhor... VAMPIRE... Very nice lighting and reflections... Packhorse Bridge... Very nice, peaceful image.   Ophelia... Beautiful lush image and great reflections of her
    @StuartB... On Reflection... Perhaps you should have turned left... Great terrain
    @adbc... Horses...  beautiful image...
    @jamahoney... Reflections on Plastics is GREAT..and what a great social commentary
    @ed3d... and still incomplete is an interesting image with some different objects... cool

Here is my first entry

Carnival Fun

Big Tent, Ferris Wheel, Game Booths, Carousel, all from Daz... mirrors-Hexagon, and Ben (2) Poser

mtnmen - thank you. What a ccol idea you came up with.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,884

Yellow Pen, Henryhor, adbc, Horo, Jamahoney, mermaid, mtnmen: Thank you.

Mtnmen: Wonderful idea indeed. The fairground items makes it more real. Maybe you could add one or two (low poly) other people somewhere in the background, before the merrygoround to make it even more realistic.

• StuartBStuartB Posts: 596

Thanks for all the kind comments. Would'nt want to be a judge, great entries from everyone.

I have a favorite but I'm not telling. smiley

mtnmen: thank you.

And, what a funny entry...

• HenryhorHenryhor Posts: 258

@ mtnmen : funny indeed

@ ed3D : maybe a way to travel faster than light

• drachenlordsdrachenlords Posts: 821

@ Jay: Great picture and a very important message

@ ed3D: Good start, looking forward to the completed result

@ Hansmar: Fantastic idea, the reflection in the drop.

@ mtnmen: Thank you. Carnival Fun is a very funny idea and well done.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,360

Mtnmen - thanks, great idea and nicely done.

edited May 2018

Cheers, Mtnmen...serious topic today, but to lighten, got a good chuckle (a compliment, btw) from your submission yes

Drachenlords...much appreciated, now if we could only get rid of those darn 'tics.

Stuart...yeah, have fav...but, always open to future works (one must always be - well, say, reflective indecision).

Jay

Hey thanks for all the great comments... BUT Hansmar... you hit the nail on the head... What's a carnival if it's not the squeals of delight from ALL the carnival goers on the various rides and playing the games for prizes... Right now poor Ben (2) has no one to share his "Carnival Fun"

So... I would like it if possible...CHOHOLE to remove this entry from the thread  for me to work on and improve for another posting

Steve

mtnmen said:

Hey thanks for all the great comments... BUT Hansmar... you hit the nail on the head... What's a carnival if it's not the squeals of delight from ALL the carnival goers on the various rides and playing the games for prizes... Right now poor Ben (2) has no one to share his "Carnival Fun"

So... I would like it if possible...CHOHOLE to remove this entry from the thread  for me to work on and improve for another posting

Steve

You could just delete the attachment.   so then no image.  

Cool...thanks
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 499
    edited May 2018

Already some excellent images - looks to be another great challenge.

My first entry: “Reflecting On Bad Choices”.

Genesis 2 Males, Hair and outfit from DAZ3D. Jail cell modeled in Modo with textures from the CG textures site. Illuminated by a single omni light. Rendered at 64RPP with Soft Shadows enabled. Render time about 2 hours.

Thanks for looking!

Bryce Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/10dulcbue/

Voyager 4 Gallery: https://postimg.cc/gallery/16xw3g6au/

reflection_1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 217K
    Post edited by Chohole on