Ladies AND Laddies of Mousso appreciation thread

Comments

• I have recently discovered Mousso's models and agree that they are fantastic. The problem I have is that as they use a rather different shader system to most other characters, I can't easily bring in characters from other makers (especially ones Mousso does not make, such as older people) into the same renders without them all looking different and "wrong". Has anyone else had this and is there a work around? Maybe use Mousso surfaces with other base shaders or vice versa?

• Mousso's Genesis 8 figures are already so well-detailed, can you tell any difference from the 8.1 figures?  I've been working a lot with the Alexandria model and it seems like she's already perfect as a G8.

Lighting Test - Loop (Jamie).png
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
  • dtrscbrutaldtrscbrutal Posts: 463
    edited February 2022

G8, G8.1,  doesn't matter, Mousso rocks! smiley With Daz Studio 4.15+ you have G8.1 in Starter Essentials. Just load the base G8.1 figure and dial in the G8 or G8.1 character of your choice. G8.1 will take G8 mats.

I view the face rig that comes with G8.1 as a very nice improvement. I like the G8.1 PBR shaders as well.

Post edited by dtrscbrutal on
  • junkjunk Posts: 1,212
    edited March 2022

Unlikely Partners-Mentor
    LINK TO THE GALLERY IMAGE

Continuing a story from six months ago I used Blue HD of course by the talented Mousso!  Full story and assets in the link above.

Post edited by junk on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Gallery link

Haven't posted here in forever... here's (a tweaked) Wufei, finally grabbed him when he was in FastGrab a few days ago.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

Gallery link

Armand

• The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited April 2022

Love this thread - always great to see how people render the awesome Mousso figures.

One thing I did find with her latest model MSO Eunji is that there is a Echo morph listed in the asset file instead of Eunji. Aslo when Eunji is loaded in the scane tab  she is listed as MSO Mina (from the Sweet Chaoz bundle).

When I get a chance I will raise a tciket to Customer Service. Anyone else have the same issue.

David

Post edited by The Inner Circle on
  • watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Here is my latest render with a Mousso lady, the gorgeous Nefeli.

Cheers!

Gallery link with the list of the products used.

• sueyasueya Posts: 824

This is Dior

• https://www.daz3d.com/mso-maureen-hd-for-genesis-81-female

Damn you Mousso! What must I do to free myself of your financial hold over me!

Faust011235 said:

https://www.daz3d.com/mso-maureen-hd-for-genesis-81-female

Damn you Mousso! What must I do to free myself of your financial hold over me!

I totally hear you and she's ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!  I'm broke so it will have to wait. 

edited April 2022

THE MURDER MYSTERIES
    The Murder Mysteries

Though this is not a "Lady", it is a Mousso product and so...here's Armand and his fraternal twin sister. I'm breaking the rules a tinsy bit here.

Post edited by junk on
  • BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364

Andricaus said:

@ANGELREAPER1972 Thanks! laugh

Here's Dior as Death (from Sandman). She's one of the Mousso girls that stand out to me. I concur that some characters just sorta blur together, however, doesn't make them any less impressive!

Oh my gosh that's really good! I like her smile 

• BandoriFanBandoriFan Posts: 364
    edited May 2022

The guy is based on Wufei. I probably should have dialed the waist even thinner but still wanted him to have a masculine frame. While standing in a neutral position his waist slightly narrows so the small of his waist is slightly narrower and wanted to avoid the same waist width from the bottom of the ribs to the top of his hips which I think is called a boxy look

Post edited by BandoriFan on
    edited May 2022

FIRST CONTACT
    First Contact

What's better than lovely ladies and ray guns?  Lovely ladies in peril.  :)   I do too much sci-fi... :( 

Story and assets used in the link above.

I absolutely adore Mousso's recent Maureen character used here.

Post edited by junk on

FIRST CONTACT - Part 2 of 7
    First Contact (Part 2 of 7)

I couldn't resist turning this into a small mini-comic... Yeah, only seven images but it should be fun.  Maureen is an awesome character.

Story and all assets used in the render in the link.

edited May 2022

FIRST CONTACT - Part 3 of 7
    First Contact Part 3 of 7

Continuing the story along very very slowly.  Of course I'm continuing to utilize the fabulous Maureen by Mousso!  Story and assets utilized in the link above.

Post edited by junk on

FIRST CONTACT - Part 4 of 7

Continuing to part 4 of 7.  This time the fabulous Maureen is being saved by Armand with some age morphs.  Both characters are by the lovely Mousso!

Story and assets used are in the link above.

• csaacsaa Posts: 805

junk,

Great series! Hope to see more.

Cheers!

junk said:

Continuing to part 4 of 7.  This time the fabulous Maureen is being saved by Armand with some age morphs.  Both characters are by the lovely Mousso!

Story and assets used are in the link above.

csaa said:

junk,

Great series! Hope to see more.

Cheers!

Thank you so much csaa!!  I really appreciate you saying... It's unfolding just at a snails pace.  :)   

edited June 2022

FIRST CONTACT (Part 5 of 7)
    First Contact (Part 5 of 7)

Continuing the adventure of  Maureen and Armand.  Story and complete list of assets used in the link above.

Post edited by junk on
  • reflectivewandererreflectivewanderer Posts: 45
    edited June 2022

Emery. I'm new to daz. This was my first character purchase

angelrenderDOF5.jpg
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
    Post edited by reflectivewanderer on

Lucy and the Talking Skull
    Lucy and the Talking Skull

Used Lucy by the oh so talented Mousso!   Story and complete list of items used in the link above. 

edited July 2022

Splintered Time
    Splintered Time

I'm absolutely a Mousso fan!  Here is Lucia playing the part of herself as she tries to save, not only the galaxy, but time itself as an unknown force attempts to change mankinds history.

Story and assets used in the link above.

Post edited by junk on
  • Katerina Flavia - a Dark Ages Vampire (Toreador) character concept, using Flavia HD for Genesis 8 Female:

Mirage the Pirate
    Mirage the Pirate

Mirage appeared as a thief in the night
    Drawn by adventure and golds delight

Gooey guts, sweat and gore
    Loot, chests of riches, treasures galore

Sitting on the spoils oh so cold
    Skeleton's approached to take her soul

Beauty and strength, will and might
    She broke the brittle men into the night

With the last of them moving oh no more
    Mirage took a breath and rested once more

Used MSO Mirage HD for Genesis 8.1 Female 

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,979
    That is one heck of a promo image you've done there, Junk. Shows the character off brilliantly. Regards, Richard.
  • sueyasueya Posts: 824

The lady dancing in this image is Alabama.

• SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 823
    edited July 2022

I've been keeping up with this thread for a while, since I too love Mousso's characters. I mean, who doesn't? (I've even wanted to make a little DAZ meme about it... One day soon... laugh) Today I was just pleasantly surprised to find my render of Nisse in that topline of the gallery's trending page (Nisse is really lovely!). So thought I'd share the render here too, especially as something struck me about the top 5 renders trending at that moment - all of them are of Mousso characters?! So I felt like adding a screenshot of that below - there's Mirage, Nisse, Nisse, Lucia and Ryleigh. (junk's up there twice of course! wink) That says a lot I think of how lovely and impactful Mousso's characters are. 

Once upon a moon

Link to the image in the gallery

Post edited by SapphireBlue on
  • SapphireBlueSapphireBlue Posts: 823

I got Mousso's Marion recently and she's got to be one of the loveliest in our collection. My daughter was excited to be first to try her out in a render for the DAZ+ render contest, and I wanted to share her render here too.

Marion and Swan (by my daughter, 12)

Link to the image in the gallery