Ladies AND Laddies of Mousso appreciation thread

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    barbult said:

These are the two I bought in the sale - Gail and Michiko. These renders used the same pose, but different hair and clothes and different background images.

These are amazing renders! The lighting is really nice.What is the outfit Gail is wearing? And the flowers in the hair?  What a beautiful touch

Gail is wearing the blouse from Vernea Fae and the flowers in the hair are from Woodland Spirit.. Both are dForce outfits in the Daz Store.

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 524

Celestia with support from Tyrone.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

This thread inspired me to start rendering the lovely ladies of Mousso that I have in my library. I keep collecting them because they are all so great, but I haven't actually rendered many of them. I need to change that. This one is Emery.

Love the lighting on her skin.
  • ZMcKrakenZMcKraken Posts: 28
    edited August 2018
    daveso said:

I bought Ai .. she is pretty hot actuall. This render was only at 70% but needed to end

Fantastic render! What hair is that?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

This thread inspired me to start rendering the lovely ladies of Mousso that I have in my library. I keep collecting them because they are all so great, but I haven't actually rendered many of them. I need to change that. This one is Emery.

Love the lighting on her skin.

Thanks so much! :)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    ZMcKraken said:
    daveso said:

I bought Ai .. she is pretty hot actuall. This render was only at 70% but needed to end

Fantastic render! What hair is that?

it is Ellisea Hair
    https://www.daz3d.com/ellisea-hair-for-genesis-3--8-females

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited September 2018

I have a script to move G3 morphs to G8. I really like to add mousso's G8 girls to G3, can anyone remember a thread that shows how to do that?

Thanks.

Also how can we use G8 textures with G3?

Post edited by BurstAngel on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

They have the same UVs, just load them up; have to do it manually via the surfaces tab for best (or any) results.

It is simple to do, just takes a couple of minutes. Save as a material preset once done.

One of the easiest methods is to use Anagenesis2 shader system; for G3 and prior, but I use it all the time on G8

• Thank you!

I knew that they had the same UV just didn't understand why the textures didn't load up to G3 automatically.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Rei and Novak

• LosingSignalLosingSignal Posts: 409
    edited September 2018

<cut>

If you have lighting that makes the skin shine look too strong I recommend just turning down the "Duel Lobe Specular Weight" in the surfaces tab. :)

Like this lighting set here usually gives pretty high glossiness to skin with most of the characters I have (here's Nova "out of the box" with that light set):

<cut>

But if you turn the Duel Lobe Specular Weight down to .18 it's a more natural look with that intense lighting:

Hey!  That worked!  I put the fill lights back in and ran two renders.  Well, more than two since I turned down two other Dual Lobe Specular settings other than the Weight one...

I would have guessed a Reflectivity setting controlled that, but I guess not.  Thanks!

NovaBadMove.jpg
    1614 x 1605 - 3M
    Post edited by LosingSignal on
  • One of my favorite characters, Albany.

• Rei: Endless Night

The Rock needed tending, but the night is long and cold... and filled with things best not dwelled upon...

• One of my favorite characters, Albany.

Very nice!  I'm liking the long shadows, they add to the ominous feeling I get from her.

• Very nice!  I'm liking the long shadows, they add to the ominous feeling I get from her.

Thank you, and you've done well with the reflections of the lamp in Rei's eyes :)

• Thought I would post a render I just finished of Kiona. Hope you like it.

Kiona

The one issue I found with Kiona is she seems to be missing the full character preset mentioned on the asset page. The add/remove options are all there which is how I was able to make this render. Ticket raised with support. Overall a great model and was a quick buy for me.

David

• dw191062 said:

Thought I would post a render I just finished of Kiona. Hope you like it.

Kiona

The one issue I found with Kiona is she seems to be missing the full character preset mentioned on the asset page. The add/remove options are all there which is how I was able to make this render. Ticket raised with support. Overall a great model and was a quick buy for me.

David

looks good David, I haven't been able to play with her yet myself seem to have a corrupted version missing files tried manual too same there also another product bought lasy month doesn't work

• I'm having the same problem, no character preset.

• I've spoken to Mousso and Daz, she asked me to ask if anyone else had problems Kiona she fully tested her before selling her to Daz as a Daz Original and they would too before buying her so somthing's gone wrong after when they packaged her still waiting from Daz they wanted screenshot of my dim and it's install path as well as pref menu in studion of file locations which hasn't changed and I buy nearly everyday there is another product not working too I only just tried bought last month the dforce multi dress system and some older products. Hopefully they can fix Kiona I have everyone of Mousso's ladies from here gotta kinda collect them all don't wanna miss out on one

• Seems to be a trend of late. Not with Mousso assets - this hiccup is a first. I now have a HP and FWSA asset which loads in smart control under figures/female/real world/genesis 8 figure instead of just real world. Starting to get annoying with all these extra sub branches I don't need.

I have just got home from work so will check my mail to see if support has mailed me asking for anything. I will keep you informed if I get a fix. 

And thanks for the feedback on the render. Slowly improving. Will pop up one later of Albany (a current favourite of mine).

David

• Thanks AngelReape. I can't get the dforce multi dress system to work either, I thought perhaps it was me not knowing how to use it right.

• dw191062 said:

Seems to be a trend of late. Not with Mousso assets - this hiccup is a first. I now have a HP and FWSA asset which loads in smart control under figures/female/real world/genesis 8 figure instead of just real world. Starting to get annoying with all these extra sub branches I don't need.

I have just got home from work so will check my mail to see if support has mailed me asking for anything. I will keep you informed if I get a fix. 

And thanks for the feedback on the render. Slowly improving. Will pop up one later of Albany (a current favourite of mine).

David

I've got a feeling it's when they do the final packaging when they put it alltogether after all the testing probably need to do another test check after packaging and uploading 

• wmwallace said:

Thanks AngelReape. I can't get the dforce multi dress system to work either, I thought perhaps it was me not knowing how to use it right.

thanks for confirming I'm not the only one too

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413
    edited October 2018
    wmwallace said:

Thanks AngelReape. I can't get the dforce multi dress system to work either, I thought perhaps it was me not knowing how to use it right.

thanks for confirming I'm not the only one too

@wmwallace  got an update here's the reply - I found that some of the content in this product is mislabeled. To use this product:

1) You have to first add "MDS dForce Multi Dress System" to the figure.
    2) The other dresses you see are shaping/material options for the dress.
    3) Select the dress in the Scene pane.
    4) Apply one of the Full Presets and your dress will change shape/color.

ok I've taken a screen shot for you of the dress you gotta select it will take a bit of looking was hard to find but it's a black dress with her arms in the g8 default pose over half way down the wardrobe oh the lady in my picture btw is Mousso's Shangrila

Shangrila wearing dforce multi dress preview.jpg
    2719 x 1529 - 2M
    Post edited by ANGELREAPER1972 on
  • The Inner CircleThe Inner Circle Posts: 224
    edited October 2018

I can confirm having received a response from Daz support an update containing the missing full character preset will be released for Kiona. It is expected in ther next day or so.

Regards,

​David

Post edited by The Inner Circle on
  • dw191062 said:

I can confirm having received a response from Daz support an update containing the missing full character preset will be released for Kiona. It is expected in ther next day or so.

Regards,

​David

thanks for that David I still hadn't heard anything only reply I got was Daz wasn't a 24/7 place and it was a weekend so their was noone to reply to my problem which wasalmost a week ago

• Thanks ANGELREAPE, I now have it working. yes

• Update dropped for me when I got home for Kiona. So check your IM folks if you are waiting on the character preset fix.

David

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960
    edited October 2018

https://www.daz3d.com/corin-hd-for-genesis-8-female

Lovely new lady from Mousso who jumped in my cart.  Hey @ANGELREAPER1972, what's the hair in the first thumbnail?

And heck, the dress too!

CORIN HD.jpg
    200 x 200 - 11K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on