Hi,

Dawn is now online (site currently down):

Link removed by a Moderator

rk.

Link doesn't work.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,781
    edited December 1969

Store is having problems. Wonder if maybe they're using that Magento or Magneto or whatever the heck it's called too?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,042
    edited December 1969

yawn

edited December 1969

more than likely would not work in Carrara anyway so who cares!

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wendy, does, but not directly, I'll tell you as soon as I can.

Told you, flippant jokes wont be tolerated ;-)
    Some people just don't get the jokes.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Byrdie said:
    Store is having problems. Wonder if maybe they're using that Magento or Magneto or whatever the heck it's called too?
    Too many downloading crashed to server more likely...

..and what jokes, I don't see any. :) ;) :coolcheese:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381
    edited December 1969

Discussion of Dawn is fine, though given that she won't work in the release build of Carrara 8.0 this is perhaps an odd place to have the discussion, but the TOS rules on off-site advertising prohibit linking to the host site (it is OK to link in response to a question - but since we know the topic of conversation that doesn't apply here).

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

The Poser version of Dawn does not work in Carrara 8.5 (the rigging is totally wrecked) but the DS version does seem to work well from a quick test - just out of curiosity you understand.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited August 2013

PhilW said:
    The Poser version of Dawn does not work in Carrara 8.5 (the rigging is totally wrecked) but the DS version does seem to work well from a quick test - just out of curiosity you understand.

Oh, of course. :-)

Post edited by mod to remove a TOS violation

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited August 2013

Discussion of Dawn is fine, though given that she won't work in the release build of Carrara 8.0 this is perhaps an odd place to have the discussion, but the TOS rules on off-site advertising prohibit linking to the host site (it is OK to link in response to a question - but since we know the topic of conversation that doesn't apply here).

Drats, foiled again. :lol:

So far so good. I had to bring her in through Studio to C8.5; and I think a significant number of carraraests are using C8.5.

If you get her she will load from the Poser runtime or Studio content, err umm my library.. er no my daz 3d library? Lifinoe
    But poses do nasty things to her :ohh:

First out of the box render. {note: for some odd reason clothing her sets off the autofit}

d1.jpg
    600 x 800 - 24K
    Post edited by ManStan on
  • 0oseven0oseven Posts: 626
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    [

Drats, foiled again. :lol:

So far so good. I had to bring her in through Studio to C8.5; and I think a signification number of carraraests are using C8.5.

If you get her she will load from the Poser runtime or Studio content, err umm my library.. er no my daz 3d library? Lifinoe
    But poses do nasty things to her :ohh:

First out of the box render. {note: for some odd reason clothing her sets off the autofit}

Very nasty things in 8.5 with "her" installed as poser runtime ! Cannot pose at all without her breaking, so _ just out of curiosity_ is your pose pictured AFTER she came in through studio ? how did you transfer ? .duf fbx ?? because you did say "out of the box"
    Also my test of daz clothing autofit didnt work.

edited December 1969

After Studio, in DUF.
    Autofit wont work on it.

Genesis poses almost work on it. Well better then mil4's work on genesis lol

edited December 1969

Being classic?

Doc6.jpg
    450 x 600 - 13K
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,595
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    After Studio, in DUF.
    Autofit wont work on it.

Genesis poses almost work on it. Well better then mil4's work on genesis lol

autofit won't work as there are no clones. Due to eula clones can't be distributed for figures like V4 and Genesis. You can make your own clone though for personal use.
    edited August 2013

tried her in iClone
    http://youtu.be/hZf4e8hly9A
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAb359lFou0
    might later in Carrara but not keen

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited August 2013

Doing Carrara vid
    no morphs show in Mimic pro for me to do a .dmc configuration file
    not doing it manually with nla clips!!
    and I think I prefer my simple lighting without Gamma correction

dawn000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Doc1000.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited December 1969

Nice vids Wendy!

You can load the DS version directly into C8.5, you don't need to go through DS first.

edited December 1969

could not be bothered spending much time on it http://youtu.be/tIqDds1Yte8

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited August 2013

Awesome videos Wendy !!!

My internet connection is, like, super duper slow, so I couldn't download the whole thing...but up until the point where she says "AWESOME" it's pretty awesome !!!

By the way, can someone tell me what she does after that ? :) The suspense is killing me....I hate having a slow internet !!!

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
    edited August 2013

Just a quick test of the free DS version, I did her a quick hairdo with Carrara dynamic hair too (I know, it won't win any awards!). I can't see me defecting from Daz girls anytime soon, but initial impressions are quite good.

Dawn1Final.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 229K
    Post edited by PhilW on
    edited December 1969

she is ok
    that hair like all yours looks nice
    but no, nothing she has I cannot get from Daz figures and no Mimic compatible morphs a deal breaker for me
    I could manually do lipsync files like I did for iClone but too much work
    (bit easier in iClone as one step to dial up visemes. Carrara I need to manually do both nla clips and assign them to the phonemes.)

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Since I don't use Poser or D|S; I am going to take a big glass of Nope on this one.

Just personal preference. V4/M4 do what I need...still no compelling reason for using anything else.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    Since I don't use Poser or D|S; I am going to take a big glass of Nope on this one..

You might wanna drop a Chill Pill into that glass of Nope and take a big swig ;)

Maybe step back and reconsider.....Phil's got her lookin' pretty awesome !!!

But I agree, if you can get what ya need with what ya got, why go elsewhere ? ;)

edited August 2013

you downloaded her yet Joe?
    I bet you could do a pretty awesome render too ;-P

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

I was going to give her a try, but our Ever Alert Moderators have removed any reference to how to get her!

I saw a reference to the site's name yesterday, but don't remember it. I've slept since then!

I thought we could name such sites, just not link to them.

I mean, I can say renderotica.com and renderosity.com, heromorph.com, runtimedna.com, and many more without linking to them.

But this site must pose such a threat that we cannot even say it's name without linking to it!

I think that is a bit too heavy handed moderation. If there's no link, why can't this site be named?

And Wendy - Nice animations!

You do indeed get some ... interesting comments!

"You sexy beach"

edited December 1969

one of my videos has the name

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

Thanks - will check for it when I get home.

Gotta go run errands for a bit...

edited December 1969

you downloaded her yet Joe?
    I bet you could do a pretty awesome render too ;-P

Nope....I'm with Garstor on this one..... ;)

Which is good I suppose, since with my internet connection it would probably take a week of Sundays to download.... ;)

But since you seem to really like renders I did one just for you.... :) (well, not really...) :)

It's just a V4 that's just a fairly boring portrait, but I kinda like it....

Girl.jpg
    1000 x 928 - 235K
    edited August 2013

Garstor said:
    Since I don't use Poser or D|S; I am going to take a big glass of Nope on this one.

Just personal preference. V4/M4 do what I need...still no compelling reason for using anything else.

Weightmapping. Seriously, how often have you had to repose the mil4 figures because of mesh warpage; tube bends. Weightmapping is the next step in figures. Too bad no one at DAZ had the foresight to realize they could have done this in carrara years ago. Even after I told them they could.

After working with Dawn for a bit she is a great start, remember she is the first from this company and will surly improve.
    Holly, step over to hivewire and communicate with Chris about the DMC. Really, there are actually people there that will talk to you. There are actual well known PAs in the chat. Hell, Lisa has asked me to get some good picture of moss rose for her ;-P

At this time I would be more inclined to invest in Dawn; for me content is an investment not a collection, simply because I know whom is backing her. DAZ has just got me confused and apprehensive to invest in G1/2F.

My biggest issue with G1 right now is how badly autofit works, or trys to work.

PhilW, odd the Studio load is working fine for me now. Last night she did the same for ether load, a pose just tore her apart. Comp reboot maybe?
    I may do some comparative side by sides today. I was mowing yesterday till it rained so have a bit to finish today, then I will be down for the day; knee is killing me. But you can use genesis poses on her relatively well, but she has the same pose issues as genesis, and I forget how to fix it. Moving one part effects the entire figure. Since she can take a Genesis pose relatively well, I could do some gray scale side by sides for comparison. Have to wait though, I'm dropping some soft cloth on her right now ;-)

Post edited by ManStan on
  • mrposermrposer Posts: 1,128
    edited December 1969

Wendy... the IClone videos are great... you got Dawn over there fast... and of course the Youtube comments from your fanclub are priceless:-)