Dawn ist out

13»

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

when Dawn breaks . . . . the Sun don't shine but you sure can smell the breeze!

That's just truly awful! But I love it just the same! :lol:

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Dawn just gets no respect.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144
    edited December 1969

I have a friend called Dawn - she suffers the same jokes!

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Looking at the comparisons here as well as other places and reading comments I think I can see a trend.

Unfortunately, very few of the promo images for Dawn have good rendering. Most of them have overly contrasty skin textures that look burned out, patchy and over exposed for my tastes. And clearly the lighting in most of the promos seems tailored for quickness, instead of beauty.

This means that the best looking Dawn renders are yet to come as people like Phil get a hold of her and show her real potential.

I can say without much fear, that Dawn is a fantastic new figure. It would be silly to fail to stand up and recognize what's going on here.

But she is no threat to Daz V4, V5, or V6. Victoria still reigns!....for now... Dawn is probably better than V3 however

Dawn if anything, seems like she will be most useful to the Poser users, of whom many are still using the Smith Micro supplied humans which have never been as realistic as the DAz ones. Without the GND Anastasia morph, the poser female is basically unusable. Anastasia brings her up to par with V4 for most people's tastes.

Dawn doesn't bring anything world altering to the table. But she is good enough at the things we'd expect her to be good at, showing that she is on the right track. Provided they are smart with content compatibility to ensure that Dawn 1 items will fit Dawn 2 when she is released eventually will help secure Dawn's place in the industry.

I don't like Dawn's ears. Her lips are not right for me. Something about the eyes is a slight improvement over Daz figures, but the nostrils leave a lot to be desired. The body is quite fine, good proportions, decent bends but not spectacular. The elbow joints are too angular when bent. The breasts....could use some work too. I don't own Dawn yet so I cannot say how she compares to V4,V5 and V6 in terms of polygon counts. Also, I've not been impressed with the morphing abilities of Dawn. I've never seen one overweight, or muscular, or sickly thin. I will be curious to see how well she can be morphed into different women, right now most of the Dawn females look alike to me mostly for those terrible ears and nostrils. I think the ears and the nostrils are a polygon issue, just too few of them.

Thanks all for the promos and the feedback on her. I'm excited, I think that with a few tweaks Dawn could be a winner for many people. Yummy.

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

I think I waste my time waiting for Dawn working fine with C8.5 with leveling some two or three characters at GW2 to 80...

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,595
    edited December 1969

I've never seen one overweight, or muscular, or sickly thin. I will be curious to see how well she can be morphed into different women, right now most of the Dawn females look alike to me mostly for those terrible ears and nostrils. I think the ears and the nostrils are a polygon issue, just too few of them.
    These were done in DS not carrara...but here goes they were mainly done to see what I could do with the morphs I got. I think I managed to get a reasonable variety of characters. Once additional shapes like Mec4D's male shape and others are out it will just continue to get more versatile. There is an emaciated shape in the starter pack but I haven't really played with that much yet as it's not my thing.
    asianface_and_raws_hero.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 187K
    alexis.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 166K
    africanfacealexisherodwarf.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 212K
    africanfacealexis.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 176K
    africanface_and_raws_dwarf.jpg
    600 x 1000 - 143K
  • Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pendraia, those look fantastic. There is something very good going on with the eyes. I think they really nailed the eyes. The nostrils and ears dont distract me at all in any of these shots you just uploaded. The clothing fits her well, and I think the African American woman looks amazing, her bends look good and her posing. These are some of the better Dawn renders I've seen so far and show a huge amount of potential. Wow!!!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,595
    edited December 1969

Thanks Pendraia, those look fantastic. There is something very good going on with the eyes. I think they really nailed the eyes. The nostrils and ears dont distract me at all in any of these shots you just uploaded. The clothing fits her well, and I think the African American woman looks amazing, her bends look good and her posing. These are some of the better Dawn renders I've seen so far and show a huge amount of potential. Wow!!!
    Thanks...she really is quite flexible once you add in a couple of extra shapes. I'm really enjoying playing with her and the best thing of all is she is going to get male shapes so she will be as versatile as Genesis. She may not yet have the same amount of support as the Vickys but I think she will definitely get some love from vendors. If you get nothing else get Rawns mini morphs and alexis from 3DU. They certainly add a lot of versatility to the figure.
  • red10_3d4cbcdd19red10_3d4cbcdd19 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've really been enjoying Dawn. I really like the way she bends. There are some excellent characters available for her out there. Thanks for all the great observations!

Rick :)