Star Trek Builders Unite 8: THE REBOOT

Comments

• solarisonesolarisone Posts: 3

FleetAdmiral01 said:

I'd share my own conversions for free, but I don't know how to package up "My Library" Folder directories. No one ever showed me how to do that.

You used to have versions on Google Drive that were ready for import into Daz without modification. But none of the current files on the drive have been fitted to a DAZ figure yet.

• FleetAdmiral01FleetAdmiral01 Posts: 108

solarisone said:

FleetAdmiral01 said:

I'd share my own conversions for free, but I don't know how to package up "My Library" Folder directories. No one ever showed me how to do that.

You used to have versions on Google Drive that were ready for import into Daz without modification. But none of the current files on the drive have been fitted to a DAZ figure yet.

True, but those were just the OBJs and textures with out the full preset set up. So they had to be set up manually morph loader pro, transfer utility and so on.

Also it should be worth noting that Renderhub had done a few of the characters from the Star Trek Fleet Command collection that I was too afraid to try. Quark and Rom for example. I saw that they had Shran up briefly. That was another one I hesitated on because the Andorian Antenae has bones. Anyone have a tutorial on how to get an attachment that has bones of it's own onto a Daz figure?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,310

If they are conversions of something do the originals allow redistribution?

• FleetAdmiral01FleetAdmiral01 Posts: 108
    edited April 6

Richard Haseltine said:

If they are conversions of something do the originals allow redistribution?

Since they were conversions of models ripped from games Star Trek Fleet Command and Star Trek Online, I'm wadgering "no" if I'm being objective. 

Post edited by FleetAdmiral01 on
  • My attempt at Kellerun ears for Genesis 9
    Kellerun-Ears-G9.jpg
    750 x 1050 - 152K
  • Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 622

Redfern said:

A speculative scenario...  What if Desilu Studios had been able to acquire the Gort costume and props (the bust with the lighting rig, the 8 foot tall fiberglass 'statue", etc.) for use in a Star Trek episode?  I tried building a corridor/tunnel arrangement like we we occasionally saw in the show, taking heavy inspiration from the hallways depicted in the first pilot

Apologies for overlooking this. Great concept, Bill!

I do have to wonder if that could have been a prototype for the Ruk android? cheeky

"Still superior to Brown" 

(still said in Ted Cassidy's voice)

• I've been really getting back into those fully animated (using Poser) Star Trek fanfilms by user tnpir4002 as of late.

Dr_Braiyon_Garr_4_12_2024_2.png
    3840 x 3072 - 5M
  • ChaosDrgnChaosDrgn Posts: 18

Without digging, are there any TNG+ rank bars for Cadets?

• gmeister11gmeister11 Posts: 8

ChaosDrgn said

Without digging, are there any TNG+ rank bars for Cadets?

There most definitely is.

• blutobluto Posts: 830

FleetAdmiral01 said:

Also it should be worth noting that Renderhub had done a few of the characters from the Star Trek Fleet Command collection that I was too afraid to try. Quark and Rom for example. I saw that they had Shran up briefly. That was another one I hesitated on because the Andorian Antdid you do\any of the enterprise series figures enae has bones. Anyone have a tutorial on how to get an attachment that has bones of it's own onto a Daz figure?

did you do any of the enterprise figures,i find myself in need at archer and trip

edited April 16

oops double post

angie 99.jpg
    700 x 910 - 269K
    g 3 pit fighter f 1.jpg
    700 x 910 - 304K
    g3f tos magnon 2.jpg
    960 x 1440 - 225K
    g3m tos magnon 2.jpg
    960 x 1440 - 214K
    Post edited by bluto on

sorry for the double post ..... anyway klingons

j.j.magnon uniform 2.jpg
    960 x 1440 - 1M
    j.j.magnon uniform 4.jpg
    960 x 1440 - 845K
    test 1 gold.jpg
    959 x 1439 - 723K
    group tos magnon 2.jpg
    960 x 1440 - 657K
    tos female uniform.jpg
    800 x 1440 - 631K
    welcome to muddtopia.jpg
    1440 x 1440 - 1M
  • I have a Trip morph. What would this be for?

with out archer just the trip morph wont help much , however if you are indeed offering the morph  , i would like to aee a render of it first . i was wanting to do a render from the one epesode wher trip and archer were lost in the desert

i dont suppose anyone has a lead on a genesis 3 or 8 archer  morph

• How's this for Trip?

CmdrTripTuckerMorph-G8M-041724-01.jpg
    1500 x 2100 - 556K
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,283

Interesting story

Long-lost first model of the USS Enterprise from 'Star Trek' boldly goes home after twisting voyage

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/long-lost-first-uss-enterprise-153154219.html

• My own interpretations of tnpir4002's crew. He and I may never have gotten along to well but I'm glad he's back.

USS_F_Scott_Fitzgerald_Crew_Named.png
    3840 x 2160 - 5M
  • My attempt at Captain Rayner. I wish I could find a better hair for him. Any suggestions greatly welcomed. I know the texture isn't the best.

CaptRayner-Filament-042124-01.jpg
    1500 x 2100 - 1M
  • Been a while since I did a Star Trek Render and was inspired by 3DUK's models (while they were around! wish they would return somewhere!)

Here is a poster for Star Trek: Red Directive

Crew pics to follow

• An attempt at Captain Archer

• Are my posts even showing up? I wonder because I've made several in the last few days and no one has commented.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,264

GRFK DSGN Unlimited said:

My attempt at Captain Rayner. I wish I could find a better hair for him. Any suggestions greatly welcomed. I know the texture isn't the best.

I'd suggest possibly Mateo hair - https://www.daz3d.com/mateo-hair-for-genesis-8-males , or Classic Side Part https://www.daz3d.com/classic-side-part-hair-for-genesis-3-and-8  ;

• Thanks. That helped point me in the right direction.

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 363

My attempt at Claudia Christian as a Starfleet captain. I'm not good at matching faces, but I think I got a passable likeness.

Alexandra Leviyeva.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • The Classics Side Part hair seems to work. Though it didn't want to play well with Genesis 9. It's basically parented to the head and existing morphs used to make it fit. Tried to make a Genesis 9 fit but Studio choked on trying to get it set up.

CaptRayner-Filament-042124-02.jpg
    1500 x 2100 - 1M
  • And let me try adding the Captain Archer morph again

ScottBakula-Filament-042124-01.jpg
    1500 x 2100 - 559K
  • That G8F conversion of Star Trek Resurgence's Commander Jara Rydek but I went ahead and put the uniform model from the other source onto her as I felt the original uniform model really didn't meet my personal visual quality expectations.

Jara_Rydek_Modification.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • edited April 26

The first 3 characters from Star Trek Red Directive

Slide1.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 101K
    Slide2.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 99K
    Slide3.JPG
    1280 x 720 - 105K
    Post edited by draven_11_74c1296a16 on
  • Where did you get the uniforms?

• edited April 27

GRFK DSGN Unlimited said:

Where did you get the uniforms?

So it's a bit of a kitbash - the Top is MightyMite's Top 034 for G3M over at the big R and the bottoms and shoes are from Daz3d's Cyberpunk Everyday Clothes for Genesis 3

Then just recoloured by me, the actual department colours are made using the JJ Abrams Deltas textures from the uniforms from Star Trek I'll do a close-up so you can see all the deltas that make up the textures  

edit: added the close-up

STRD4ca Uniform Closeup.png
    1137 x 860 - 1M
    Post edited by draven_11_74c1296a16 on