Carrara Challenge 42 – PIONEERS – Dedicated to Eric Winemiller - WIP

Comments

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

not in a million years coud i get that far modeling anything...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

@LightofHeaven - fantastic likeness, Bruce was definitely a pioneer

@Stezza - another great modeling job.  can't wait to see it in action.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

wow Stezza, fantastico!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited August 2018

thanks again head wax, diomede and LightofHeaven

enjoyed modelling that helicopter, a Bell Jetranger 206... though it has errors in it, it will do for long shots wink

next thing I did this arvo was to use M4 and get a kind of Dick look alike... and render an earth model I have .. lucky I had some glasses which helps to make M4 look the part lol

a bit of history - from wikipedia smiley

In 1982–83 Smith successfully completed the first solo helicopter flight around the world. His flight began in Fort WorthTexas, on 5 August 1982, in a newly purchased Bell Jetranger 206B. On 19 August, the 50th anniversary of James Mollison's solo crossing of the Atlantic, he arrived at Balmoral CastleUnited Kingdom where he met Prince Charles. From there he flew to London, where, later that day, the first stage of his flight ended, after 11,752 km. The second stage of his flight started in London on 13 September, and finished in SydneyAustralia, 3 October 1982, 23,092 km later. On 25 May 1983 the final stage of the flight started. Not being granted permission to land in USSR, he arranged to land on a ship to refuel. His journey ended on 22 July 1983, the 50th anniversary of Wiley Post's solo aeroplane flight around the world on 22 July 1933.

PioneerWiP1.png
    600 x 450 - 248K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,411

Who dis?

He IS regarded as a pioneer.

Carrara hair. kinda meh

This is a better idea. smiley

Stezza said:

We used to go to the drive in and watch Bruce do his stuff... everyone during the intermittance would be jumping around and kung fu fighting... my goodness Carl Douglas was a happy man .. yes

Thanks Alberto & Headwax, 

Did some more work on my helicpoter.. added some interior and did retexturing .. that took a while to do!

No doubt !surprise 

Good work!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Stezza said:

enjoyed modelling that helicopter, a Bell Jetranger 206... though it has errors in it, it will do for long shots wink

next thing I did this arvo was to use M4 and get a kind of Dick look alike... and render an earth model I have .. lucky I had some glasses which helps to make M4 look the part lol

In 1982–83 Smith successfully completed the first solo helicopter flight around the world. His flight began in Fort WorthTexas, on 5 August 1982, in a newly purchased Bell Jetranger 206B. On 19 August, the 50th anniversary of James Mollison's solo crossing of the Atlantic, he arrived at Balmoral CastleUnited Kingdom where he met Prince Charles. From there he flew to London, where, later that day, the first stage of his flight ended, after 11,752 km. The second stage of his flight started in London on 13 September, and finished in SydneyAustralia, 3 October 1982, 23,092 km later. On 25 May 1983 the final stage of the flight started. Not being granted permission to land in USSR, he arranged to land on a ship to refuel. His journey ended on 22 July 1983, the 50th anniversary of Wiley Post's solo aeroplane flight around the world on 22 July 1933.

Excellent work Stezza !!!

edited August 2018
    Alberto said:

Who dis?

Carrara hair. kinda meh

LightofHeaven - Nice work - Bruce Lee versus Chuck Norris by any chance ?

Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    head wax said:

Who dis?

Carrara hair. kinda meh

wonderful likeness, I always liked jacki chan (small joke)

Forbidden Kingdom, Jackie Chan vs Jet Li  awesome scene.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Bunyip02 said:
    Alberto said:

Who dis?

Carrara hair. kinda meh

internet loves Chuck Norris jokes.smiley

Bunyip02 said:
    Alberto said:

Who dis?

Carrara hair. kinda meh

edited August 2018
    Stezza said:

We used to go to the drive in and watch Bruce do his stuff... everyone during the intermittance would be jumping around and kung fu fighting... my goodness Carl Douglas was a happy man .. yes

Did some more work on my helicpoter.. added some interior and did retexturing .. that took a while to do!

Stezza said:

Used the spin modifier on the rotors for a spin effect & composited the images in PSE for the final image ( unless I change something ) cool

Around the World.png
    800 x 617 - 877K
    Post edited by Stezza on

this is an intereting read about a carrara user who uses Digital Carver's 

see Dennis Richter interview  https://issuu.com/c3de/docs/c3de-issue-03

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

Stezza said:

Used the spin modifier on the rotors for a spin effect & composited the images in PSE for the final image ( unless I change something ) cool

Very nice !!!!

head wax said:

Lots to learn.....

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Stezza said:

Pretty extraordinary, Stezza!  You may have a future in commercial art. :)  

Which plugin(s) did you use?

Stezza said:

none lol

I knew there was something missing angel

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

none lol

You could use Toon-Pro on the Jetranger and Dick ?

Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

Stezza said:

sorry Stezza I missed the update!! You made dick much more handsome than real life :) You know they had a brand of matched for a while in competition with Red Head Matches?

Bunyip02 said:
    head wax said:

Lots to learn.....

double that

Ther4e's no tuts for the Shoestring shaders. :( We should all team up and make tuts for all the DCG pluggies. lol

what exactly is fresnel?  don't really get it

edited August 2018
    Bunyip02 said:
    Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

none lol

You could use Toon-Pro on the Jetranger and Dick ?

yep, lol

I actually just forgot to add the wireframe renders of the copter... You will notice the background is a blueprint ready for it, just call me Mr Forgetfull lol

here is the wireframe render using DCG's ToonWire Pro ( Paid Version ) on my helicopter blush

wireframe.png
    1800 x 621 - 324K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited August 2018

Updated image - 

Around the World V2.png
    800 x 617 - 914K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    head wax said:
    Stezza said:
    Stezza said:

Stezza said:

sorry Stezza I missed the update!! You made dick much more handsome than real life :) You know they had a brand of matched for a while in competition with Red Head Matches?

yep, I remember... Dick's didn't really catch on though did they. devil

Stezza, no they didn't , but I did a set of Nobby's matches up here related to Nobby's headland 

edited August 2018

Ther4e's no tuts for the Shoestring shaders. :( We should all team up and make tuts for all the DCG pluggies. lol

hya tuts here http://www.des-web.net/html/tutorials.html please note mods this is a non-commercial link

also Holly did some great tuts on her site - some are here at the cafe http://carraracafe.com/articles/10-reasons-you-need-a-falloff-shader/2/

edit here is her site https://www.3d.wetcircuit.com/tutorials/10-reasons-you-need-a-falloff-shader/ while there have a look around and be amazed!! 

Post edited by Headwax on

I compiled a list of DCG tutorials in the second post of this thread. 

if anyone is aware of another tut, let me know to add it, please.

Alberto said:

I compiled a list of DCG tutorials in the second post of this thread. 

if anyone is aware of another tut, let me know to add it, please.

great stuff thanks for doing that - really above and beyond 

thanks!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125
    edited August 2018

Way to lead us this month, Stezza and LightofHeaven!  

BEFORE

One of my entries this month will definitely be related to the Brash Lonergan and Moxie Espinoza frontier space adventure.  I am very excited about the DCG Toon Pro! plugin.  I should have picked it up some time ago.  There seems to be quite a bit more control, but to take full advantage it might help to model and texture the scene assets with Toon Pro in mind.  For example, there is an option to create lines at the edges of shading domains.  Unfortunately, my base Brash model has separate shading domains for the face and the head, which would create an undesirable line if the option is enabled.  Similarly, I used Philemo's hair plugin to create the hair mesh and the eyebrows.  There are too many lines in my base hair mesh because of the settings I used when converting, which makes it look black instead of blonde.  The eyebrows are also not optimized for Toon Pro.  Anyway, here is Brash in default pose with default Toon Pro plugin shaders and default Toon Pro plugin render settings.  You can see the issue with the hair and eyebrow meshes.  By the end of the challenge, I will hopefully have a better AFTER. (Note - I think I might be able to get better results with the hair with the override mixer settings - if not, will experiment with a less dense Philemo conversion).

Brash Toon Pro 1.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 31K
    Brash Toon Pro 2.jpg
    800 x 1067 - 45K
    Brash Toon Pro 3 Default menu.JPG
    372 x 720 - 50K
    Brash Toon Pro 5 Hair Mesh.JPG
    1104 x 896 - 151K
    Brash Toon Pro 4 eyebrow mesh.JPG
    1602 x 782 - 94K
    Brash Toon Pro 6 menu.JPG
    774 x 984 - 244K