Starion's WIP and test thread

Comments

• mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152
    edited December 1969

Ah, my guilty pleasure is using a male charecter to test out dresses for me. So yes, dressing guys in female clothes is totally cool.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

Hi mori_mann, thanks for looking. I'm going to take a break from dressing Justin in female clothes.

couple_scribus.jpg
    621 x 721 - 129K
    edited December 1969

Comparison of Julie and Laura. I can dial breast morphs for Genesis unlike Laura. This simple scene uses 930 MB of memory Wow.

Teen_comparison.jpg
    640 x 394 - 125K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

What are you up to ...Granite shaders I see...those are cool...never thought about a whole character though ...neat idea...might use less megs if you tried a simple backdrop instead of a brick wall.....Trish

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

What are you up to ...Granite shaders I see...those are cool...never thought about a whole character though ...neat idea...might use less megs if you tried a simple backdrop instead of a brick wall.....Trish
    LOL, Trish my dear, I know that WALL and you really can not get much lower render wise and have a good wall.
    edited December 1969

The wall is part of Backdrops Made Easy.

Justin in 17 Chic without the skirt. This scene uses 1.1 GB. :ohh: I'm going to switch Justin's outfit. I used to snow tool to create the snow.

Justin_snow_1.jpg
    498 x 576 - 141K
    edited December 1969

This scene uses 1.1 GB of memory. I'm going to fix this scene and then I will render one more scene with Justin.

Justin_winter_2.jpg
    498 x 576 - 110K
    edited December 2013

One more render of Justin in female style clothing. I finally found a decent light setup for the dream home bedroom.

edit: I uploaded the wrong file because I was distracted.

Justin_dream_home.jpg
    498 x 576 - 94K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
    edited December 1969

Rock Demon uses a lot of memory.

Daz Studio memory usage: 900 MB (program + 3D models)

Rock_demon.jpg
    498 x 576 - 121K
    edited December 1969

I am uploading this render before I forget.

Memory usage: 248 MB.

Dawn and Genesis 2 female don't come with many morphs. Dawn doesn't come with visemes.

Dawn.jpg
    498 x 576 - 114K
    edited December 2013

pwCatch isn't working correctly in Daz Studio 4. I will try applying pwCatch again after dinner.

I did apply the base shader and backdrop + catch shadows.

edit: I think I need to move the camera too.

pwCatch_dawn.jpg
    640 x 480 - 84K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 2013

LOL how funny it looked like a real brickwall to me...like something I would build in Bryce...I am going to check those backdrops out...Trish

Post edited by Trish on
    edited December 2013

I finally found the error message. I'll reinstall pwCatch tomorrow.

CODE Snip removed for Breaking the Forum Formatting.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I do see pwCatchDef.dsb in d:\program files\Daz Studio 4\script\support\PoseWorks\shaderDefinitions\surface

How strange.

edited December 1969

When I tried the shadow catcher brick in shader builder, Dawn casts a grey shadow.

dawn_2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 80K
    edited December 1969

I am trying to create a plane that can receive images that are projected. I am followin this tutorial: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/447294/

The image map brick that I have doesn't have inputs for S or P.

shader.jpg
    528 x 495 - 41K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited January 2014

Click the menu button at the brick's top-right and enable Advanced controls. By default the brick just uses the regular u and v as s and t, the inputs are needed only for modifying the coordinates.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the Richard Haseltine. Unfortunately, that tutorial and shader didn't work at all for me. I ended up using Carnite's tutorial and then I changed the color of the plane to black.

Lana_2.jpg
    640 x 480 - 80K
    edited January 2014

I bought some new underwear. The bra opens from the front instead of the back.

Bree.jpg
    640 x 480 - 112K
    edited December 1969

I lowed the glossy strength of the bra and I changed the lighting model to matte. I also changed the shadow type from mapped to ray-traced.

Bree_lingerie.jpg
    640 x 480 - 107K
    edited January 2014

This scene needs more shadow samples.

Laura 3 with Nova skin for Victoria 3. Old skin textures may need adjusting in Daz Studio.

Laura_desert_1.jpg
    514 x 646 - 85K
    edited December 1969

I ran the luxrender benchmark by following the instructions at: http://www.luxrender.net/wiki/Benchmarks

AMD 1.8 GHz.
    ~20 kC/s

luxtime_benchmark.jpg
    800 x 600 - 368K
    edited January 2014

I finally had a chance to use the Pentium dual-core G630 running at 2.7 GHz.

~137.15 kC/S

Pentium_G630.jpg
    800 x 600 - 314K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm... looks as if it could get very REAL. But you will need your time peace to render for a much longer TIME before the image clears up. That is the one reason I do not use LUX. The time to render a clear image that it requires.

edited December 1969

The directions say to run the benchmark for 2 minutes. Later I will run Luxrender for more than 10 minutes.

Here is a closeup of Laura with Nova skin. I won't do many fancy renders with shadows until I have my new computer.

Laura_nova_2.jpg
    514 x 646 - 84K
    edited December 1969

Update: I'm in the process of copying 500 GB worth of stuff onto an external hard drive at 10 megabytes per second. I'll play with Daz Studio some more after I move the runtime folder to the external drive.

edited December 1969

I am almost finished copying my files. I need another external drive to copy my games because my current USB drive is almost full. I didn't realize that some MMORPGs are 20 gigabytes in size. So, if five games are 20 GB in size, then I have at least 100 GB worth of games. Wow. I know some of the games are less than 10 GB in size. Ok, I'm going to reboot the computer and uninstall more programs.

edited December 1969

wow, my computer took about two hours and 45 minutes to copy 300 GB of files?? I used one of the partition managers to copy one partition to another SATA internal drive. I found a spare drive lying around. No, there are no bad sectors on either drive. I didn't know that copying sectors instead of files is so slow.

Now I will uninstall some software programs like Daz Studio, Bryce Luxus, Reality and Gimp.

edited December 1969

I wonder if I can make Disk 0, drive G a bootable system drive using system recovery tools. The recovery partition doesn't work beacuse the copy software couldn't copy the corrupted files from the corrupted drive a few months ago.

I want to take disk 1 out and leave disk 2 in. Yes, I know I have unallocated space on disk 1.

drive.jpg
    717 x 219 - 42K
    edited December 1969

I was finally able to install windows on drive 0 and boot from it. Tomorrow I will need to reinstall OpenOffice.org, VLC Player, Divx, Gimp, Corel Paint Shop Pro X and other software that I forgot. I will also look for some backup programs that can save the master boot record and system files.

I won't be posting any more renders until I get the new dual-core computer.

ok, good night all.