Starion's WIP and test thread

Comments

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 2013

work in progress. I'm too sleepy to work on it any further.

I used Gimp to edit the chalkboard's texture.

Daz Studio uses 400 MB of memory.

school_1.jpg
    755 x 646 - 187K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ydych chi'n siarad Cymraeg?

Just a tiny comment, Google translate plays fast and loose with the Welsh language in it's interpretations

edited December 1969

When I saw chohole's name I thought she was going to chide me for uploading naked renders of TeeGra with breast morphs. :red:

Allaf siarad ychydig o Gymraeg.
    Yr wyf yn dysgu siarad Cymraeg.

I am learning a few phrases of different languages.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2013

cymraeg iaith y nefoedd

Welsh, the language of Heaven

You are probably on about a par with me then. I am still struggling with Welsh, but the it is always difficult to teach an old dog new tricks. :roll:

I learned some Welsh as a child, but then forgot most of it. 2nd hubby was a welshman, and his father tried teaching me some. He did manage to teach me to pronounce Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, but with a West Walesian accent. It sounds different in North Wales, (which is where LlanfairPG is) and also here where I am in the Welsh Valleys (although they call it the Valleys we live at 1200ft) it is a slightly different accent.

Actually North Wales and South Wales have slighlty different words as well, sometimes.

This is a good site https://site.saysomethingin.com/communities/welsh-for-english-speakers/courses/course-1-cyen

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Hi chohole, thanks for sharing your story and link. I'll read the lesson soon.

I added Odysseon Station Observation Deck to my school scene. I don't have a classroom nor did I install any other room.

observation_deck.jpg
    755 x 646 - 144K
  • John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Damn, there weren't girls like that when I went to school, I wish I'd gone to school in Wales now.

BTW you try explaining how to say Ll in writing. :-) I did and pretty much failed. And I agree North and South Wales are different countries.

edited December 1969

Thanks for stopping by John Sims.

Here I am playing with dream home bedroom. I could add another figure to the scene.

catgirl_2.jpg
    503 x 576 - 96K
    edited December 2013

Jaderail said:
    I was ONLY speaking of the CAT texture without clothing. All others with clothing would be allowed, Bumps creases and all unless, well vulgar in some way.

You know I've been studying languages too long when I think vulgar = vulgar Latin, not indecent or inappropriate. lol Romance languages descended from vulgar Latin.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I was ONLY speaking of the CAT texture without clothing. All others with clothing would be allowed, Bumps creases and all unless, well vulgar in some way.

You know I've been studying languages too long when I think vulgar = vulgar Latin, not indecent or inappropriate. lol Romance languages descended from vulgar Latin.LOL! I'm southern. I don't speak Latin, English or any Approved language. I speak Good Ol' Boy.

edited December 1969

Here is one more render before I go to bed:

continuation of the rock people

Justin with granite shader. Catgirl with Aven shape. They are the same height. I'll change the background later.

Memory usage is about 730 MB. One nice thing about not dressing Genesis is that I save some memory.

couple_1.jpg
    503 x 576 - 133K
    edited December 2013

Closeup. You can see the details of the magical granite shader.

Today is Christmast eve, not Valentine's day. lol

Daz studio memory usage: 675 MB

couple_2.jpg
    439 x 576 - 133K
    edited December 1969

Julie is jealous or upset or in disbelief.

This scene uses 1.1 GB of memory.

couple_3.jpg
    504 x 576 - 138K
  • TrishTrish Posts: 2,625
    edited December 1969

Good one...I like those shaders...be good or Santa won't come.....Merry Christmas......Trish

edited December 2013

Its too cold in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore. I want to go south.

This scene needs lots of work. At least I am working on it. Opps, I forgot to say that Ashley has a butterfly tattoo on her back. Ahh.. now I need to edit the Scribis document in addition to working on the Daz Scene.

edited December 2013

I did not like the previous version of the render. Here is a render of Millenium preteen boy taking a photo of Ashley's tattoo. Posing fingers is tricky.

I changed the pants because the bikini bottom was showing too much skin.

I'll add the text using Scribis later.

beach_2.jpg
    514 x 646 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Next project to teach Starion, the shadow catcher prop so figures cast shadows on Background images. Think Bullit might like that info as well.

edited December 1969

pwCatch by Poseworks works fine except the bottom of the render has a blue band. The render isn't showing the background at the bottom.

pwCatch_shadow.jpg
    514 x 646 - 107K
    edited December 1969

Well that's odd, that should not be there. Hmm... wonders off to experiment.

edited December 2013

Different camera angle, same result. I even increased the size of the ground plane to 200%.

I'm using Daz Studio 3 if that makes any difference. I'll talk to you tomorrow.

edit: deleted duplicate render

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,404
    edited December 1969

I've had a similar thing happen to me when using the Dystopia City Grids 11-20 set, except the "bar" is black not pale blue. It usually occurs when I need some extremely deep depth of field with the camera particularly close to on of the subjects.

edited December 1969

I found the solution: I needed to set the aspect ratio to 4:3. That is all. Thanks for trying to help.

pwcatch.jpg
    640 x 480 - 101K
    edited December 1969

Genesis version of a beach scene. Justin and Aven W.I.P.

Justin_aven_1.jpg
    504 x 576 - 79K
    edited December 1969

Ah yes, that so works. See how the shadows pull the figures into the image? Glad to see the finished results.

edited December 1969

This scene in Vue has 300 million polygons and uses 400 MB of Video card memory. wow

Hill_02.jpg
    640 x 480 - 157K
    edited December 2013

Today is Friday so that means that I have a lot of free time on my hands.

The second render has Genesis wearing the morphing fantasy dress with a floral shader.

Arg.. I lost these two scene (*.duf) files. I think they are in another folder that is not in "My Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\scenes." I'm going to look for the files before I recreate the scenes from scratch. I'll be back later.

edit: I found catgirl in the morphing fantasy dress, but not the pregnant catgirl.

edited December 1969

Rendering a scene with the Yosemite HDR set and reinterject for Genesis 2 takes a long time.

hdri_reinterject.jpg
    356 x 160 - 16K
    edited December 1969

I need to try a different light.

Here is the final render in case any one is wondering what the scene looks like.

Josie_reinterject_yosemite.jpg
    504 x 576 - 150K
    edited December 1969

If I move the camera closer, her skin looks fine. I used Andrea's IBL lights.

Josie_comparison.jpg
    728 x 412 - 132K
    edited December 1969

I was playing around with Justin and Pink Ink.

Justin_pink_ink.jpg
    498 x 576 - 100K
    edited December 1969

I like how I can dress Justin in female clothes.

Justin_aven_outfit.jpg
    498 x 576 - 110K
    Justin_17_chic.jpg
    498 x 576 - 110K