Carrara 8.5 Serial Number No Longer Valid ♦♦NEW SERIAL NUMBER IN YOUR LIST NOW♦♦

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

The people who actually post in the forum are a very small percentage of DAZ 3D customer base, so any feedback from the forum is not going to give them any real idea of what is happening. It is simply acting to increase the negativety of the forum again.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    The people who actually post in the forum are a very small percentage of DAZ 3D customer base, so any feedback from the forum is not going to give them any real idea of what is happening. It is simply acting to increase the negativety of the forum again.

So then, instead of telling people they shouldn't file a support ticket and take the issue directly to DAZ, you're saying they shouldn't file a ticket and thus come here and complain?

As to forum negativity, I agree that it can be an issue, but then again, this isn't someone coming up with conspiracy theories either, is it? This is a legitimate issue. People need to vent, so keep it in this thread. The thread with the temporary fix could be temporarily stickied so that people coming here for help see it right away and maybe not even see this one.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

If It is really few percentage which use official forum for product,
    that means, there is some problem about forum.

I think daz forum Here is just luck of abillity to tell the current problem clear to user.
    if user think,, we can easy find current problem about aprications in forum, they may check here.

I think, "Forum modelator may need to show clear sign for members to udnerstand the problem when it happen ."

About user who want to join other topic , can do as usuall. they can show their render pic, or talk about Power of Carrara.
    or ask usage of aprications. etc. do not need to mind the problem.

But about User who meet problem, then came forum to find what is going on,
    can not find easy the DAZ product and aprication problems in this forum.

I seldom see modelator of this forum try to make clear sign, and try to keep the topic,
    about problems.

If modelator make the sticky topic to tell the current problems clear, and set it above many Carrara CM topics,
    (there is really un useful topic how to apply serial number,,, at current, it is nice joke)

user find easy, and just read the sticky topics, and understand Current problems of aprication.

After that, some of them may not try to send support tickets. on the other hand we need not buy
    the porduct which remain problems untill they solve them.

• 3dn3dn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have to work for my customer and create animations. Shit situation. Please repair asap. :-(

_

edited December 1969

chohole said:

So then, instead of telling people they shouldn't file a support ticket and take the issue directly to DAZ, you're saying they shouldn't file a ticket and thus come here and complain?

As to forum negativity, I agree that it can be an issue, but then again, this isn't someone coming up with conspiracy theories either, is it? This is a legitimate issue. People need to vent, so keep it in this thread. The thread with the temporary fix could be temporarily stickied so that people coming here for help see it right away and maybe not even see this one.

No I am not suggesting that people should come here and complain instead of filing a ticket. I am merely saying that filing a ticket, when the Forum team have already noted that this is a general issue and are taking as many steps as they can to contact someone and try to get this dealt with before CS opens again on Tuesday Utah time, will possibly not be necessary. Hopefully we will find someone who can get something done before CS even start looking at that pile of tickets you want everyone to send in.

As for making that thread a sticky. Actually we have found that in the main people ignore the Sticky threads. and a loose thread will actually often gather more views and replies than a sticky thread.

Just think, for instance, how many people posted new threads asking for the Beta serial code, when there was a sticky thread about serial numbers.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

No I am not suggesting that people should come here and complain instead of filing a ticket. I am merely saying that filing a ticket, when the Forum team have already noted that this is a general issue and are taking as many steps as they can to contact someone and try to get this dealt with before CS opens again on Tuesday Utah time, will possibly not be necessary. Hopefully we will find someone who can get something done before CS even start looking at that pile of tickets you want everyone to send in.

I never said I wanted people to send in support tickets. I took exception with the statement from a volunteer with a semi-official position as a forum moderator telling people not to file support tickets, because one of you mods might be able to reach someone at DAZ. In my opinion that's a dangerous over-reach of your authority, and it could come back and bite DAZ in ways you can't foresee. There's a reason whenever there's a disaster or some other problem with an institution- be it public or private- that there's an official spokesperson offering information or instructions. It's not always to control the situation to the advantage of the institution, many times it's to prevent bad information from making a bad situation worse.

BTW it's a virtual pile of support tickets, as it will be all electronic, and thus can be sorted by issue and other data. Will it be extra work? Yes. Will it be headache? Yes. Will it benefit DAZ in the long run by having hard numbers and other data, in which to put intelligent controls in place to prevent and mitigate future issues like this? Yes.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited December 1969

I sent an email last night to one person and Cho sent one to another person this morning. The issue should be looked into quicker with us notifying them than you guys filing support tickets.

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

This does it.

I'm requesting a refund.

Between Vue, Modo, and ZBrush, I don't need this.

If you've already paid $795 for Zbrush, $1,345.50 for Modo and $1695.00 for Vue why on earth are you even here at all?

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I sent an email last night to one person and Cho sent one to another person this morning. The issue should be looked into quicker with us notifying them than you guys filing support tickets.

And yet my opinion remains unchanged that you're overstepping your responsibility as forum mods, and that by discouraging people from using customer support, you will actually cause more harm to DAZ in the long run.

• MaxHancockMaxHancock Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

I filed a ticket on this. And I'm not hear to complain. I just wanted to say I'm having the same issue. I purchased Carrara 8.5 yesterday and it was working just fine (with the exception of a native content issue).

The very same serial number that worked yesterday as now invalid today. I restarted the computer and tried several other things. I typed my name and the correct number. Tried copy and pasting the serial number too just in case I'm typing it wrong... but I don't think that's what's wrong since it was working just fine yesterday. Note: I am not using the beta number, or any of the old numbers, only the one that was supplied with the offical release.

I'm disappointed because I had planned on using it all day today, on my day off.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    edited December 1969

well my day yesterday got nowhere
    first my power went off 3X due to blackouts mid PC usage.
    then a swarm of bees settled on my streettree so I had to call the council
    the a serial killer hit my Carrara . . . . :long:
    will try winding back a few days as suggested and hope all goes better!

• gellenburggellenburg Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

This does it.

I'm requesting a refund.

If you've already paid $795 for Zbrush, $1,345.50 for Modo and $1695.00 for Vue why on earth are you even here at all?

Not that it's any of your business, but because I've been a longtime member of Carrara since version 3 long before I either knew of Zbrush, Modo, or Vue or that they even existed.

I also use Blender and Wings3D. Does that make me qualify now?

;-)

• JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Moral of the story :

Never, never, never uninstal a soft befor 2 or three month…

I’m lucky to work with my “old” 8.1 preserved in a corner of my Mac from this morning, waiting for a new serial number

edited December 1969

This seems like it should be an easy fix. It's absolutely clear that it affects everyone who paid for 8.5 in the last week. All they need to do is go through the orders, re-issue new serial numbers (That don't time out) and then email everyone on the list. They wouldn't even have to send out individual emails. They could BCC everyone on the same one just letting us know to go to our accounts to retrieve the new numbers. It really shouldn't take more than a few hours. If it goes on for longer than that, it's unforgivable.

edited December 1969

de3an said:
    Someone at DAZ forgot to read the manual for creating serial numbers. :lol:

I'm not happy with this situation but I'm going to say it was almost worth it just to see that.

edited December 1969

I filed a ticket on this. And I'm not hear to complain. I just wanted to say I'm having the same issue. I purchased Carrara 8.5 yesterday and it was working just fine (with the exception of a native content issue).

The very same serial number that worked yesterday as now invalid today. I restarted the computer and tried several other things. I typed my name and the correct number. Tried copy and pasting the serial number too just in case I'm typing it wrong... but I don't think that's what's wrong since it was working just fine yesterday. Note: I am not using the beta number, or any of the old numbers, only the one that was supplied with the offical release.

I'm disappointed because I had planned on using it all day today, on my day off.

This post provides a temporary fix:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/28263/P45/#420308

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

And yet my opinion remains unchanged that you're overstepping your responsibility as forum mods, and that by discouraging people from using customer support, you will actually cause more harm to DAZ in the long run.

why?? They have said that they have sent in e-mails most people just want to know that the issue is being dealt with.

And when you look at things logicically CS deals with things in a first comes first served basis so any backlog from last week comes first, and then what came in over the weekend before they we see any tickets on this issue.
    But a couple of e-mails from forum Moderators who noted the issue and reported it as soon as it became apparent will get it fixed a lot quicker.

• adaceyadacey Posts: 186
    edited December 1969

Nothing to add here, just adding myself to the "also affected" list and assuming that a fix will be announced here when it's in place.

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:
    The clock trick works..,. and I have Windows. It's a no-brainer. I didn't have to change it back for emails either, they are going out under the right date. It's only the calendar from your tray you need to roll back.

I'm just thankful there IS a workaround that some thoughtful people here came up with. That does not relieve DAZ of any responsibility and need for apology or to offer a nice coupon to all for a discount as compensation, but I am just very thankful that posters here cared enough to offer help to work around things. I have coursework due this week...so it took major stress off to be able to continue to work on my model today.

Sorry, but I'm from the bad old days in the 80s and early 90s working with software where you had NO network of people to consult when things went pear-shaped!

Keep calm and Carrara on :) SileneUK

If you apply this workaround. do make sure any on-line or automatic backups are disabled until you re-establish the correct date or your ability to restore or roll-back may get jacked up.

edited December 1969

This does it.

I'm requesting a refund.

Not that it's any of your business, but because I've been a longtime member of Carrara since version 3 long before I either knew of Zbrush, Modo, or Vue or that they even existed.

;-)

Not really. That reasoning doesn't hold water at all. Once you move to the major leagues you don't go back and play in the minors just because that's where you started out. It just doesn't make sense that someone who has gone and spent nearly $4000 on superior software (that they started using after Carrara) would come back here. There's no need for it.

edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    Frank0314 said:

why?? They have said that they have sent in e-mails most people just want to know that the issue is being dealt with.

And when you look at things logicically CS deals with things in a first comes first served basis so any backlog from last week comes first, and then what came in over the weekend before they we see any tickets on this issue.
    But a couple of e-mails from forum Moderators who noted the issue and reported it as soon as it became apparent will get it fixed a lot quicker.

Why??

Maybe because, while it's helpful they sent an e-mail or two, they clearly have no authority to use their limited forum authority as volunteer mods to discourage people from using a mechanism that DAZ payed to put in place for their customers.

I'm not attacking anybodies credibility or character, I'm merely questioning the prudence of telling people not to file support tickets, and using their limited authority as DAZ forum mods to do so. I'm also not telling people they should file support tickets, just that if they do, there's more use to it than getting the problem fixed. There's critical data that DAZ can learn from. If you had read my previous posts I thought I spelled it out pretty clearly. Does that answer the question?? ;-P

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited September 2013

This does it.

I'm requesting a refund.

;-)

Not really. That reasoning doesn't hold water at all. Once you move to the major leagues you don't go back and play in the minors just because that's where you started out. It just doesn't make sense that someone who has gone and spent nearly $4000 on superior software (that they started using after Carrara) would come back here. There's no need for it.

Wow. That's insulting to everyone, I think.

Post edited by CarltonMartin on
  • wcwilcoxwcwilcox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Fix serial number please.

edited December 1969

This does it.

I'm requesting a refund.

;-)

Unless you love Carrara! It's a great application. Carrara users can be just as fanatical as us old Mac guys from the bad old days. ;-)

On a personal note, if it were me, I would feel no need to justify my software choices to an anonymous forum user, especially since it's none of their business.

• gellenburggellenburg Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

This does it.

I'm requesting a refund.

;-)

Again, not like it's any of your business — but I was looking forward to playing around with the DAZ content integration.

Besides, each application is just a tool, and each application has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Modo is a fantastic non-organic modeler and renderer, but it doesn't work natively with DAZ and Poser content.

Vue renders flora, skies, atmospheres, and volumetrics fantastically, and has decent support for native DAZ & Poser content, but my version of Vue is a bit old (Vue 11) so it's showing its age.

And ZBrush is an organic modeler, not a renderer. Vue is not known for its modeling.

I happen to like Carrara's shaders. I also prefer its modeling capabilities over Hexagon - especially since Hexagon hasn't worked for several years on my Mac.

And it really is none of your business.

I paid for the Carrara 8.5 Pro upgrade just like everyone else in this thread.

That alone — and nothing else — is reason enough for me to be here.

I've also asked for a full refund but considering DAZ hasn't even responded to my initial support ticket a week ago I'm probably going to contact my credit card company tomorrow and get the refund there.

• 1MoreThreadDeleted1MoreThreadDeleted Posts: 56
    edited December 1969

de3an said:
    Someone at DAZ forgot to read the manual for creating serial numbers. :lol:

I'm not happy with this situation but I'm going to say it was almost worth it just to see that.

The manual is still in beta.

edited September 2013

UPDATE

Daz 3D have people working on this as we speak, I am asked to tell you that they are working to resolve immediately.

Will post any further message as we get them.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RealtimeRealtime Posts: 95
    edited December 1969

Set my mac clock back a week as a work around.
    Grateful for a work around

• Dream CutterDream Cutter Posts: 1,222
    edited September 2013

This does it.

I'm requesting a refund.

;-)

I can say with authority - your 100% inaccurate with that last statement. I certainly can't say that often without specifics from the others perspective, however in this case its apparent to everybody else reading this. Being further baited by your logic is futile so I wont bother to explain why. Gotta ask Manny Ramiriaz and other retired Majors about getting thier second wind in MILB.
    Consider an animator is employed and has thier Autodesk license seat as part of thier job. Maybe they cant afford it for hobby independent consult work. Tools do not make results - skill and effort does.

Post edited by Dream Cutter on
  • skynearskynear Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

B.Bilddermann:

Installed Carrara 8.5 PRO yesterday on a new iMac OSX 10.8.4 worked fine. After closing and opening later my serial was invalid.