Carrara 8.5 Serial Number No Longer Valid ♦♦NEW SERIAL NUMBER IN YOUR LIST NOW♦♦

Comments

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited September 2013

Here too ... ########@@@@@@@@@@@@@GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!££££è*[][][]][*********######## (Some swear word in Italian, but I think this is a universal Language). I don't understand how a company can make mistakes as well. Now we have to deceive our PC in order to work with Carrara .... nahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Anyway I like this software and I look with confidence a quick solution by DAZ.

Ciao, Max.

Post edited by Max Turlad on
  • DonleavyDonleavy Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Same problem for me...Serial not working today...

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

skynear said:
    B.Bilddermann:

Installed Carrara 8.5 PRO yesterday on a new iMac OSX 10.8.4 worked fine. After closing and opening later my serial was invalid.

Thats the reason we are here...
    For myself, I take this with patience.
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    skynear said:
    B.Bilddermann:

Installed Carrara 8.5 PRO yesterday on a new iMac OSX 10.8.4 worked fine. After closing and opening later my serial was invalid.

Thats the reason we are here...
    For myself, I take this with patience.Oh yeah... me too. DAZ will have us up and running shortly ;)
    edited December 1969

sbilf said:
    Here too ... ########@@@@@@@@@@@@@GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!££££è*[][][]][*********######## (Some swear word in Italian, but I think this is a universal Language). I don't understand how a company can make mistakes as well. Now we have to deceive our PC in order to work with Carrara .... nahhhhhhhhhhh!!! Anyway I like this software and I look with confidence a quick solution by DAZ.

Ciao, Max.

Really? I always thought that word was Wisconsinite slang! Huh... Thanks for clearing that up, Son! ;)
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    UPDATE

Daz 3D have people working on this as we speak, I am asked to tell you that they are working to resolve immediately.

Will post any further message as we get them.

PLEASE NOTE THIS POST

edited December 1969

:-) Dad!!!!

I hope the software back to work soon, meanwhile i play with lightning ;-)

edited September 2013

chohole said:

Daz 3D have people working on this as we speak, I am asked to tell you that they are working to resolve immediately.

Hi Chohole,

of course we know and expect with confidence a solution. Soon.

Ciao Max.

Post edited by Max Turlad on
  • TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:
    UPDATE

PLEASE NOTE THIS POST

Noted. Awaiting further updates.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830
    edited September 2013

DAZ will have us up and running shortly ;)

Are you sure you don't mean 'soon'? ;)

As a software developer, I have a certain sympathy for DAZ's engineers over this one, especially whichever poor slob(s) have to spend their Labor Day trying to resolve the issue. Yes, it's annoying and shouldn't have happened ... but that's software.

Big thanks to Chohole for raising the alarm, following up and keeping us updated on progress.

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • protovuprotovu Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

Fellow Frustratees,

Am I missing something?
    Is there an 8.5 Pro upgrade available which is distinct from the $285 offering.
    Not a huge deal, but I would like to get the right software. Maybe an upgrade will be less disruptive.

For today's work load, if the serial number for newly purchased Car 8.5 does not activate, can someone outline the steps
    to tricking my Windows 7 machine into thinking it is yesterday?

thank you

• HeavyDHeavyD Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

WOW! So many posts . . . hard to keep track of all the input.
    It's one thing to have an oversight on the expiration date but to have it fall on a holiday just amplifies it. (Sorry if I am repeating the observation)

One BIG question - How are we going to be notified of the fix and when it happens? Will there be a simpler method than tracking these posts? I hope! Email message to all possibly?

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    UPDATE

BUMPING Chohole's helpful update post.

Thanks!

I think some boarders won't be happy though until the poor sods who buggered this up are dragged through the streets of SLC, bleeding from a flogging that could only be rendered as gruesomely as possible in Cararra!

For workaround in Windows, go to your date/time icon in the lower right (usually) of your Desktop tray. Click and it will open. Click on the Change Date / Time settings and pick a date in August, eg 30th or whatever. No need to change the time I don't think. Your incoming emails will be correctly stamped, outgoing will be as of the date you have chosen so give your addressees a heads up that you have rolled back a couple of days so they don't think you are unaware of the change.

:) SileneUK

• protovuprotovu Posts: 194
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Silene.
    Does anyone know if there is an 8.5 pro "upgrade" that is distinct from the only offering I am seeing which does not seem to be an upgrade, per se?

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited September 2013

laurenwbr said:

I think some boarders won't be happy though until the poor sods who buggered this up are dragged through the streets of SLC, bleeding from a flogging that could only be rendered as gruesomely as possible in Cararra!

Naaah, they'll just make political cartoons with the same software that the poor sods made! LOL, Kismet!

For workaround in Windows, go to your date/time icon in the lower right (usually) of your Desktop tray. Click and it will open. Click on the Change Date / Time settings and pick a date in August, eg 30th or whatever. No need to change the time I don't think. Your incoming emails will be correctly stamped, outgoing will be as of the date you have chosen so give your addressees a heads up that you have rolled back a couple of days so they don't think you are unaware of the change.

You forgot step 3. If you think you need to send email or perform any other time-sensitive tasks, then...once Carrara is up and running, set your clock back (errr, forward) to the current time. You will need to redo steps 1 thru 3 if you have to stop/start Carrara, but your system clock will behave correctly and you won't have unexpected backups, antivirus, or defrags kicking off at inconvenient times...

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • jerhamjerham Posts: 153
    edited September 2013

have a new serial in my account, and it works ;-)

Post edited by jerham on
    edited December 1969

Works for me too, yay!

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Got a new serial too - works fine.
    Thanks to DAZ team

edited September 2013

New page, so I'll bump this over again ;)

chohole said:
    chohole said:
    UPDATE

PLEASE NOTE THIS POST

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • edited December 1969

Got a new serial too

8.5 is working! Now time to test it out :-) :coolsmile:

• DoomsdayRendererDoomsdayRenderer Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Yes, thanks, support people, got new serial and it works!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

laurenwbr said:

Naaah, they'll just make political cartoons with the same software that the poor sods made! LOL, Kismet!

You forgot step 3. If you think you need to send email or perform any other time-sensitive tasks, then...once Carrara is up and running, set your clock back (errr, forward) to the current time. You will need to redo steps 1 thru 3 if you have to stop/start Carrara, but your system clock will behave correctly and you won't have unexpected backups, antivirus, or defrags kicking off at inconvenient times...

Ooops... thanks. I have a laptop as well, so am using that for emails.

edited December 1969

protovu said:
    Thank you, Silene.
    Does anyone know if there is an 8.5 pro "upgrade" that is distinct from the only offering I am seeing which does not seem to be an upgrade, per se?

No, but I know what you are saying. Generally (at least what I've gotten used to seeing over the years when buying software) there is a full price listed (for new buyers) and an upgrade price (which is significantly less for current users). Not the case here. There is one price. $285. Current owners of Carrara will receive a 50% discount for the first two weeks (beginning 8/26), bringing it down to $142.50. Platinum Club members get an additional 40% off making it $85.50.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

protovu said:
    Thank you, Silene.

No, but I know what you are saying. Generally (at least what I've gotten used to seeing over the years when buying software) there is a full price listed (for new buyers) and an upgrade price (which is significantly less for current users). Not the case here. There is one price. $285. Current owners of Carrara will receive a 50% discount for the first two weeks (beginning 8/26), bringing it down to $142.50. Platinum Club members get an additional 40% off making it $85.50.

I have asked for the price in the store to be looked at in case it broke again.

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Yep, the new serial number works.
    Thanks for the quick solution!

edited December 1969

Looks like new serials abound for everyone. Got mine too and it works. Guess I'll have to wait until 10/1 to know if it's permanent ;)

If we were quick to criticize Daz for the situation then we have to commend them for the quick response and rectification. Thanks to them for getting it fixed fast.

edited December 1969

Eyos said:

Hmmm, sorry to pick nits, but it wasn't really all that quick. The issue has been known for at least 12 hours here in the US, probably longer on the other side of the pond. And my the usable part of my holiday is nearly over; personal commitments this afternoon.

edited December 1969

Eyos said:

Hmmm, sorry to pick nits, but it wasn't really all that quick. The issue has been known for at least 12 hours here in the US, probably longer on the other side of the pond. And my the usable part of my holiday is nearly over; personal commitments this afternoon.

Yes but only 3 hours from the start of the day in Utah, Given that it was a holiday, following a weekend, I think the the response was terrific.

• DZ_jaredDZ_jared Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

We have reissued serial codes to everyone who purchased Carrara 8.5. Please check your account for a new serial code. This should fix the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience. When the commercial serial codes were generated the expiry tag was left on by mistake. The new serial codes do not have this problem. In addition anyone who purchase Carrara 8.5 from here forward won't have this problem.

edited December 1969

I have edited the thread title to reflect this