Carrara 8.5 Serial Number No Longer Valid ♦♦NEW SERIAL NUMBER IN YOUR LIST NOW♦♦

12346»

Comments

• PiratesMoonPiratesMoon Posts: 27
    edited December 1969

Yes but only 3 hours from the start of the day in Utah, Given that it was a holiday, following a weekend, I think the the response was terrific.

Me too. Thank you Daz!

• ckalan1ckalan1 Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I downloaded and installed the new version. The serial number worked all weekend.
    Today my serial number stopped working also.
    I sent in a ticket.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Thank you...it was there in my account...but it's not marked as NEW and for some reason I never had the original as it downloaded via DIM.

This must have been YWN ! Hope things have settled down.

Cheers :) SileneUK

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,615
    edited September 2013

protovu said:
    Thank you, Silene.
    Does anyone know if there is an 8.5 pro "upgrade" that is distinct from the only offering I am seeing which does not seem to be an upgrade, per se?

You should get 50% off if you have bought an earlier version of Carrara (I'm pretty sure that offer is still valid). You don't have to enter any codes, it should be automatic. There was a problem when 8.5 was first released, not everyone was getting the reduction but they fixed that, I hope it hasn't broken again. If you are a platinum club menber and a Carrara Pro owner, Carrara Pro 8.5 should come down to a bit over $85. You don't see the reduction in the pop-down cart window, you have to click the Go to Cart button before it appears.

Post edited by Peter Wade on
  • ckalan1ckalan1 Posts: 88
    edited December 1969

I just checked my account again today. And, a new serial number was listed. I applied it and now it seems to be working.

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

Eyos said:
    Yep, the new serial number works.
    Thanks for the quick solution!

Hmmm, sorry to pick nits, but it wasn't really all that quick. The issue has been known for at least 12 hours here in the US, probably longer on the other side of the pond.

Yeah, but most of those hours where when people in the US were asleep. So you expected the guys at Daz to be up and fixing this on what, UK time? Or maybe Australian time? I don't think so. At that time they didn't even know about the issue. As soon as they did, it seems they were on top of it.

Of course, coming from the guy who thinks they should rewrite the application code because he needs to get glasses, I'm not the least bit surprised by your response.

And my the usable part of my holiday is nearly over; personal commitments this afternoon.

Well, it is all about you after all. They really should have taken your afternoon plans into consideration

• TGS808TGS808 Posts: 168
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    We have reissued serial codes to everyone who purchased Carrara 8.5. Please check your account for a new serial code. This should fix the problem. I apologize for the inconvenience. When the commercial serial codes were generated the expiry tag was left on by mistake. The new serial codes do not have this problem. In addition anyone who purchase Carrara 8.5 from here forward won't have this problem.

Good work. Thanks for getting it done fast.

• CarltonMartinCarltonMartin Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Eyos said:
    Yep, the new serial number works.
    Thanks for the quick solution!

Hmmm, sorry to pick nits, but it wasn't really all that quick. The issue has been known for at least 12 hours here in the US, probably longer on the other side of the pond.

Yeah, but most of those hours where when people in the US were asleep. So you expected the guys at Daz to be up and fixing this on what, UK time? Or maybe Australian time? I don't think so. At that time they didn't even know about the issue. As soon as they did, it seems they were on top of it.

Of course, coming from the guy who thinks they should rewrite the application code because he needs to get glasses, I'm not the least bit surprised by your response.

And my the usable part of my holiday is nearly over; personal commitments this afternoon.

Well, it is all about you after all. They really should have taken your afternoon plans into consideration

My deity. Please stop.

They should rewrite the application code to make font sizes bigger because monitors have changed in the 20 years since the GUI was written and the bit-size hasn't, because good type design says the size is too small for long-period use, and because Carrara should be accessible to everyone as much as possible.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Carlton, it seems that he has latched onto me right away because of my research and comments in the other thread about font sizes and UI usability. He is convinced that his opinion is the only true one and there's nothing I can do to counter that.

I could go on and explain that I'm a customer too, and I'm no less important than other customers, yadda, yadda....but I've learned that it's just best not to respond to him at this point.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Ahem A gentle reminder of the TOS #2 Criticism should be directed towards the subject or topic at hand, rather than an individual.

Thanks

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

I quite agree and I hope I have not overstepped.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,830
    edited December 1969

DAZ_jared said:
    We have reissued serial codes to everyone who purchased Carrara 8.5. Please check your account for a new serial code. This should fix the problem.

New number works.

Thank you @DAZ_Jared and @Chohole (and any other unseen angels working behind the scenes to get this resolved).

A Happy Labor Day to you all (and if you're not in the US and don't celebrate Labor Day today, please have whatever kind of happy day you want).

• DifferentlyAliveDifferentlyAlive Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Daz ROCKS!!!!

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Thank you DAZ and forum admins :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited December 1969

waking up to a beautiful spring Tuesday morning and a new Carrara 8.5 serial number... :)

• Jeff KirklandJeff Kirkland Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

New serial number in my account. Carrara now works - yay! If the serial number problems's solved and like me you created a support ticket, don't forget to cancel it :-)

edited December 1969

marked as resolved.... ;-)

• That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited December 1969

Back up and running as a registered user.

• Rich GellesRich Gelles Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So this quick fix most mean good things for version 9?

Smiles :

Rich

• jcrabbjcrabb Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick response...love my Carrara...:-)

• Max TurladMax Turlad Posts: 84
    edited December 1969

New serial number in my account and now Carrara work fine again.

Thank you DAZ.

• SoulUnitSoulUnit Posts: 112
    edited December 1969

Just bought it today and serial number does not work. Massively rediculous

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Did you type it in, or copy and paste it? If it was the latter, please make sure that you didn't pick up a leading or trailing space.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

Also, if you have past versions of Carrara, make sure the SN is the correct one.

edited December 1969

Thank you for the replies, greetings to all, thought I was talking to DAZ directly in the ticket or I would have introduced myself. Yes I checked the leading and trailing spaces and this is the first time installing Carrara

edited December 1969

DAZ's staff doesn't really look at thee threads. I would file a support ticket. There is a link to do this in the little box on the right side of the screen that lists DAZ 3D's contact information. There is also some Carrara information linked to on the same page. May be worth checking out.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/forums

Typing the above, it occurred to me, you never really gave any information as to how exactly the serial number doesn't work. Is there an error, a crash, a message saying the SN is invalid? Depending on the computer platform and OS, and the nature of the failure with the serial number, there may be a fix. I emphasize, there may be, depending on the variables.

edited December 1969

Great support here thank you. I did send a ticket in and am waiting. I had te same problem s everyone else which was just entered the serial number after I bought it and it replied "Invalid Serial Number" I use Windows 7 64bit No error message and works fine in trial mode just wont accept the serial

edited December 1969

Great support here thank you. I did send a ticket in and am waiting. I had te same problem s everyone else which was just entered the serial number after I bought it and it replied "Invalid Serial Number" I use Windows 7 64bit No error message and works fine in trial mode just wont accept the serial

Good luck to you! I love Carrara.

• ??? numbers serial carrara 8.5 (2017) Please!

in your Daz account under serial numbers