Carrara 8.5 Serial Number No Longer Valid ♦♦NEW SERIAL NUMBER IN YOUR LIST NOW♦♦

Comments

• DoomsdayRendererDoomsdayRenderer Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

I just installed 8.5Pro and even if I copy-paste serial from my account (with no extra spaces!) it says that the serial is invalid.

• edited September 2013

Same here
    bought it on 9/1 and as soon as the clock turned to 9/2, it says my serial is invalid :shut:

Post edited by manneristicstudios on
  • swordkensiaswordkensia Posts: 348
    edited December 1969

Same here,

MY GOD DAZ your incompetence is just outstanding...this is a new low in utter failure..

S.K.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

The clock has struck 12 midnight here in California, and my copy of Carrara 8.5 has also magically turned into a pumpkin.

The level of buffoonery at DAZ has hit a new high. It's going to be hard for them to top this one!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

I think they had better call people in to fix this regardless of the holiday!

• mgf64mbamgf64mba Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello: Same problem here, I thought I was the only one, but it seems this is a common problem...
    Carrara 8.5 Pro just stopped working this morning (monday 9 sept 09:21 am), it worked happily till yesterday evening.
    Carrara doesn't even accept "trial" as an option.
    Best,
    Michele

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

You can add me to the list. I was hoping to use the holiday to do self-training. :shut:

• FURBFURB Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Just rolled my PC clock back a couple of days and now Carrara is working.
    Will have to do till DAZ get in and stuff it even more...er I mean fix it

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,988
    edited September 2013

Sacrilege - a DS render!!

heavily photoshopped to give it a Carrara feel :coolcheese:

carrara_zapped.jpg
    615 x 800 - 342K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • dr_berniedr_bernie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am not a frequent poster (as you can see by my post count).

i have the same problem. My copy of Carrara 8.5 64-bit on Vista 64-bit Ultimate stopped working with 'Invalid Seial Number' message. I can't even get it into the trial mode.

I did a clean uninstall/reinstall but the serial # is stuck in there, i.e., Carrara remebers the SN from the previous install, and it says it's invalid.

My copy of 8.1.1.12 64-bit works fine though.

I refuse to believe it's an issue of extra-space with copy/paste. It looks more like a conflict with the 8.5 beta that was valid til September 1st.

• mgf64mbamgf64mba Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

dr_bernie said:
    I am not a frequent poster (as you can see by my post count).

i have the same problem. My copy of Carrara 8.5 64-bit on Vista 64-bit Ultimate stopped working with 'Invalid Seial Number' message. I can't even get it into the trial mode.

I did a clean uninstall/reinstall but the serial # is stuck in there, i.e., Carrara remebers the SN from the previous install, and it says it's invalid.

My copy of 8.1.1.12 64-bit works fine though.

I refuse to believe it's an issue of extra-space with copy/paste. It looks more like a conflict with the 8.5 beta that was valid til September 1st.

Or, quite probably, they simply forgot to disable the "expires on date" code from the release version...
  • edited December 1969

I try with Revo Uninstaller (Freeware)... Reinstall : same problem = invalid serial !

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

The issue is noted and has been reported to the PTB. its just that it is a holiday weekend so a fix may take a little while.

and yes I am in the same boat as everyone else with my S/N saying the same thing.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited September 2013

What, nobody on call for all of us Platinum Club subscribers? :roll:

Hell, I was even on call when I worked at a 7-Eleven, you know just in case an "Oh Thank Heaven" emergency should pop up!

FURB said:

Interesting. I wonder what ELSE gets broken by doing that.

Progress and productivity prevented by bureaucracy and DRM. On Labor day, of all days. Imagine that! :lol:

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

WE are contacting anyone who may be around, so hopefully we will get this fixed ASAP.

• PjotterPjotter Posts: 274
    edited September 2013

FURB said:

DOES THIS WORK ?????

1- Set the PC a few days back
    2- Start Carrara
    3- Reset the PC clock

I can't try it myself, because Carrara is running with a large render and can't take the risk to restart Carrara. I don't think there is any risk for the PC. I have done it before.

Post edited by Pjotter on
  • EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I have the same problem too.
    I bought Carrara 8.5 on August 26, and this morning it is asking for a serial number.

• dr_berniedr_bernie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Pjotter said:
    FURB said:

DOES THIS WORK ?????

2- Start Carrara
    3- Reset the PC clock

I can't try it myself, because Carrara is running with a large render and can't take the risk to restart Carrara. I don't think there is any risk for the PC. I have done it before.

1 and 2 definitely work. I just tested it. I don't know how 3 would impact Carrara,

DAZ owes us a free beer on this, err I mean a freebie.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Someone at DAZ forgot to read the manual for creating serial numbers. :lol:

SNs-for-Dummies.jpg
    600 x 800 - 84K
  • That Other PersonaThat Other Persona Posts: 381
    edited September 2013

Just to note, I am a new owner of Carrara, bought after the update to 8.5. Never had a previous install nor participated in the beta. My install says invalid number.

So it is not an issue with an old number; all numbers seem to be invalid.

Post edited by That Other Persona on
  • martino27martino27 Posts: 0
    edited September 2013

Same here. Invalid serial number. I purchased C8.5 a few days ago. Activated trial mode for the time being, see what happens. I'm glad i'm not the only one lol. Get fixing, DAZ!

Post edited by martino27 on
  • PjotterPjotter Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

dr_bernie said:
    Pjotter said:
    FURB said:

DOES THIS WORK ?????

2- Start Carrara
    3- Reset the PC clock

1 and 2 definitely work. I just tested it. I don't know how 3 would impact Carrara,

With 3 you can continue your regular work, like having sending mail at the right date. I think Carrara only looks at the date from the serial when starting.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,970
    edited December 1969

Pjotter said:
    dr_bernie said:
    Pjotter said:
    FURB said:

DOES THIS WORK ?????

2- Start Carrara
    3- Reset the PC clock

With 3 you can continue your regular work, like having sending mail at the right date. I think Carrara only looks at the date from the serial when starting.

You all are AWESOME! It works!!! Just set the Windows calendar back to 30 August and wah - lah...magic, it opened! Guess it's a holiday there in the US today? But hope it's fixed soon.

Thank you thank you thank you!

xxxxxooooooxxxxxxooooo

Cheers, SileneUK

• DabblingDanDabblingDan Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Same here,

MY GOD DAZ your incompetence is just outstanding...this is a new low in utter failure..

S.K.

Afraid I must agree. I got the new C8.5 P as soon as it was available. I have been sending days attempting to figure out how screwed up all my previous installs of content are with numerous runtimes and the confustion DIM has, temporarily I am sure, added to my set up.
    And now, today I have a day off from work and am ready to spend the day with Carrara and the serial number doesn't work!
    Luckily I am actually a big fan of this product so I will remain a dedicated user. But seriously, this is really pushing the love/hate relationship.
  • JamyJamy Posts: 192
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Monday 26 past 12 and always waiting for a new serial number ...

Some job then to end as soon as possible :(

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I am not a fun of daz, just a customer. So that I recommend, admin make this topic as sticky.
    to all user who have problem show and find easy the reason untill daz solve the problem.

it can save time , to try re-install and un-install, or change pc setting , DIM etc.

• vorselenvorselen Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Bought 8.5 Pro this morning - no serial number in email or in my account information.

• FURBFURB Posts: 29
    edited December 1969

Well nobody has a serial # today because DAZ stuffed up.......again.

• edited December 1969

Carrara 8.5 ne fonctionne plus avec le numéro de série acheté, j'en n'est marre de ce putain de bordel de programme de merde qui a toujours quelque chose qui ne va pas. Si je n'y avais pas laissé tous ce fric il y a longtemps que j'en aurais changé. Pire que bien des logiciels gratuits en beta. Passe plus de temps à régler les problèmes, à trouver un manuel que de bosser avec. Un logiciel réservé aux anglophones niveaux ingénieurs. Ca fait au moins 10 ans que je m'en sert; mais c'est de pire en pire...une pompe à fric qui ne fonctionne jamais correctement. La preuve, jamais aucun developeurs ne sort un plugin pour carrara. Même un simple export objet sur sculpteo ne fonctionne pas. Un logiciel à part pour des gens à part. Des années que je paye pour le pc machin chose en espérant une mise à jour digne de ce nom. J'ai été servis.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

merging this thread with the existing thread about the serial number, as DAZ 3D has a link to that thread.