• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2020

Another experiment/WIP...

Psyberia 1 awe.png
    1600 x 1100 - 3M
    Post edited by Sven Dullah on
    edited October 2020

Had to take a closer look at my new creation:) Think I finally found a formula for rendering Garibaldi hair with AWE Hair, basically set hair color to pure white, zero out melanine settings, turn off spec 1, set spec 2 roughness (both of them) to a fairly high value, adjust translucency to your liking, and, the most important thing, set AO distance to lowest possible! In the GB editor use very light and unsaturated colors!

Psy-B awe.png
    1200 x 1600 - 2M
    edited October 2020

Psy-Berian Night awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    edited October 2020

New guy in the making...

Johann awe.png
    1000 x 1250 - 2M
    edited October 2020

Tweaked the chainmail maps and made some additional ones...

chainmail fix awe.png
    561 x 467 - 567K
    edited October 2020

Ready for duty:)

Johann 2 awe.png
    1000 x 1250 - 2M
    edited October 2020

One thing leads to another;)

Untouched render and a slightly bloomed version:

Forrest meet awe.png
    1600 x 1067 - 3M
    Forrest meet pp awe.png
    1600 x 1067 - 3M
    edited October 2020

@wowie

I ran into some serious noise problems with this scene and wonder if you have some tricks up your sleeve;)

Light setup: The ceiling spots use the environmental shader with only camera visibility. I placed a one poly Area PT plane below each, doublesided with low intensity for the up side, seven of them in total. The exterior light is the environment sphere (png) with reflection and camera visibility on. And a one poly plane, fairly large, a couple of meters from, and slightly above the windows to simulate the dome light. It has the same png inserted into light color, and tiling adjusted so only the sky portion is showing. Here is the first (overnight 8.5 h) 2048 Irradiance samples non progressive 10x10 PS renderlaugh:

So there is this really ugly noise all over. Thinking it must be the exterior light messing it up I turned off dome reflections and the emissive plane, did a progressive re-render (unfinished 1.5h) and yeah the noise level seems normal for a progressive render and the surfaces behave as expected.

The windows use opacity, obviously with a mask for the text, and translucency to brighten up the opaque parts. Turned on the external plane and did a spotrender of the kitchen region and the noise is back.

I really need the environmental light to come through the windows so asking for a bit of guidance;)

Edit: A bit surprising... turned off the plane and set the env. sphere occlusion/indirect light and reflections on, seems to work fine so the plane is obviously the thing not working here...

The Diner 2 awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    The Diner 2 awe no ext light progressive.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    The Diner 2 awe progressive ext plane.png
    432 x 283 - 225K
    The Diner 2 awe progressive ext dome.png
    442 x 220 - 151K
  • khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146

excellent  laugh

@wowie

I ran into some serious noise problems with this scene and wonder if you have some tricks up your sleeve;)

Light setup: The ceiling spots use the environmental shader with only camera visibility. I placed a one poly Area PT plane below each, doublesided with low intensity for the up side, seven of them in total. The exterior light is the environment sphere (png) with reflection and camera visibility on. And a one poly plane, fairly large, a couple of meters from, and slightly above the windows to simulate the dome light. It has the same png inserted into light color, and tiling adjusted so only the sky portion is showing. Here is the first (overnight 8.5 h) 2048 Irradiance samples non progressive 10x10 PS renderlaugh:

So there is this really ugly noise all over. Thinking it must be the exterior light messing it up I turned off dome reflections and the emissive plane, did a progressive re-render (unfinished 1.5h) and yeah the noise level seems normal for a progressive render and the surfaces behave as expected.

The windows use opacity, obviously with a mask for the text, and translucency to brighten up the opaque parts. Turned on the external plane and did a spotrender of the kitchen region and the noise is back.

I really need the environmental light to come through the windows so asking for a bit of guidance;)

Edit: A bit surprising... turned off the plane and set the env. sphere occlusion/indirect light and reflections on, seems to work fine so the plane is obviously the thing not working here...

edited October 2020
    khorneV2 said:

excellent  laugh

Tkssmiley

Here's an updated version using only the environmental sphere for external light. Not totally happy, I think the lighting in the original looked better, on the other hand noise levels are acceptable this way...I'll try to make the emissive plane work by scaling and moving it around a bit.

2048 Irradiance samples non progressive 10x10 PS, full HD size, 7 hours 48 minutes 44.12 seconds:

The Diner awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited October 2020

Character updated to the new awe build...err...no, his name is not Clark, it's Vincesurprise

Vince awe update.png
    1000 x 1200 - 1M
    edited October 2020

Sven is finally getting ready for his second presidential campaign...a bit late as usual. The first run ended in disaster, we'll see how it goes...

TEUF AWE.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited October 2020

Sven is finally getting ready for his second presidential campaign...a bit late as usual. The first run ended in disaster, we'll see how it goes...

Obviously things went south right from the start...

DORPODON AWE.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited October 2020

...another dude...

STURE 1 AWE.png
    1200 x 1500 - 2M
    edited November 2020

... and all dressed up...

STURE AWE.png
    1600 x 2000 - 3M
  • wowiewowie Posts: 2,029
    edited November 2020

@wowie

Light setup: The ceiling spots use the environmental shader with only camera visibility. I placed a one poly Area PT plane below each, doublesided with low intensity for the up side, seven of them in total. The exterior light is the environment sphere (png) with reflection and camera visibility on. And a one poly plane, fairly large, a couple of meters from, and slightly above the windows to simulate the dome light. It has the same png inserted into light color, and tiling adjusted so only the sky portion is showing.

Noise will always be a problem in that kind of scenario. Easiest fix would be to add an emitter with low intensity near areas where you see the moist noise. So, use the first setup and add another emitter near the counter. What might also help is to check whether or not the noise is from specular/reflection or diffuse. From the looks of it, its specular and raising irradiance samples to 2048 won't really change anything.

In short, if the noise is from specular/reflection, you should just add an additional emitter. You can make the emitter larger with low intensity scale, so the specular have less focused highlights.

Post edited by wowie on
    wowie said:

@wowie

Light setup: The ceiling spots use the environmental shader with only camera visibility. I placed a one poly Area PT plane below each, doublesided with low intensity for the up side, seven of them in total. The exterior light is the environment sphere (png) with reflection and camera visibility on. And a one poly plane, fairly large, a couple of meters from, and slightly above the windows to simulate the dome light. It has the same png inserted into light color, and tiling adjusted so only the sky portion is showing.

Noise will always be a problem in that kind of scenario. Easiest fix would be to add an emitter with low intensity near areas where you see the moist noise. So, use the first setup and add another emitter near the counter. What might also help is to check whether or not the noise is from specular/reflection or diffuse. From the looks of it, its specular and raising irradiance samples to 2048 won't really change anything.

In short, if the noise is from specular/reflection, you should just add an additional emitter. You can make the emitter larger with low intensity scale, so the specular have less focused highlights.

Yep it's specular noise, I'll try adding another emitter, tks!

edited November 2020

Testing another V4 morph and skin on G1...Celebrity Lola

Lisen awe.png
    1200 x 1942 - 2M
    edited November 2020

Working on a snow preset for some alien stuff. Testing using a normal map in the anisotropy direction slot...so not sure what I'm doing as usual, needs some more tweaking for sure:) And need to find or make a good displacement map.

MAP plants and snow pp awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M

Working on a snow preset for some alien stuff. Testing using a normal map in the anisotropy direction slot...so not sure what I'm doing as usual, needs some more tweaking for sure:) And need to find or make a good displacement map.

great ! laugh yes

edited November 2020
    khorneV2 said:

great ! laugh yes

Tkssmiley, here's an update:

Alien plants snow awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Looks lovecraftian to me ????
    khorneV2 said:

Interesting that you mention this. I occationally try to picture the feeling we humans get when faced with the unknowable (or the unknown). I usually fail miserably, of course, but I keep trying:) It's not easy to capture something that basically can't be thought of or spoken aboutsmiley. Tks for commenting, very inspiring:))

khorneV2 said:

Interesting that you mention this. I occationally try to picture the feeling we humans get when faced with the unknowable (or the unknown). I usually fail miserably, of course, but I keep trying:) It's not easy to capture something that basically can't be thought of or spoken aboutsmiley. Tks for commenting, very inspiring:))

I am looking forward to see those artworkS  laugh

edited November 2020

I wanted to see how the M4 Vladimir skin works with awe, then figured I'd rather use it on Genesis1 so transferred the morph. Now they seem to have a small dispute about who is the real Vlad and who is fake...(M4 on the right). To be fair, I didn't attempt to make an exact copycool.

The Vlads pp awe.png
    1600 x 989 - 2M
  • wowiewowie Posts: 2,029

Uploaded an update to the kit to my Google drive and other places. The manuals have been updated, but feel free to ask/post your questions to me, here or directly.

Many thanks.

wowie said:

Uploaded an update to the kit to my Google drive and other places. The manuals have been updated, but feel free to ask/post your questions to me, here or directly.

Many thanks.

Thanks wowie, appreciate that:)

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,701

++, tnx

btw, still waiting for that beer money link...

'tis the season,

--ms

• Hi. How can I get rid of green-gray occlusion in skin tone, when using AWE surface?

When I use AWE distant light with Ubershader or PWtoon it works fine and shows awesome speed. With other AWE lights and emiting surfaces those shaders don't work.