Carrara challenge 43 ᴥ♠♣♥♦ the Horror♦♥♣♠ᴥ WIP

Comments

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Thank you, Wendy!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,125

OMG Vyusur thats beautiful and horrifying surprise

+1

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

was there ever freeb car file pancakes or pies?  a horroe ebil gingerbread man? ebil gumdrop buttons

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

pleausre Mr Bunyip ;)

Diomede_Carrara  In can see a pattern of perverted symbols emerging in your work - I like it ! Of course it is in the eye of the beholden.

MDO2010   love that render - thanks for the explication - very ghostly good

Cbird  I have a hedacheche now - great brain effect :)

Veronika - love that song and your work picks it  up so elegantly horribly ! The stare of death, so new the corneas are still clear

edited October 2018
    Mystarra said:

was there ever freeb car file pancakes or pies?  a horroe ebil gingerbread man? ebil gumdrop buttons

if not I am sure they can be arranged ;) the ginger man especially with Philemno's cut out plugin 

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 8,334
    Vyusur said:

“He called me The Wild Rose” 

I used UVUnWrapCommand plugin by Sparrowhawke3D for Stonemason's Willow Creek textures convertion.

Very nice chilling render....

edited October 2018
    Mystarra said:

if not I am sure they can be arranged ;) the ginger man especially with Philemno's cut out plugin 

Freebie obj at TurboSquid

Gingerbread man.png
    1923 x 1040 - 756K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

Headwax - looking forward to see if those Viking's are going to get up to mischief

Diomede - can't help but wonder if you are taking lessons from Stezza regards positioning of props

MDO2010 - nice Zombie scene

Cbird - your open brains better look out for MDO's zombie

Stezza - love the clip artwork

Vyusur - definately haunting, hope you have some more entries lined up

ed3D - hope you are making progress

MAJourney - did you find what you were looking for

Wendy - hope you are going to join in the renders as well

Everyone else - feel free to join in

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

Bunyip, thank you very much!

Diomede - can't help but wonder if you are taking lessons from Stezza regards positioning of props

Well, it is Stezza's prop.  angel

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

I don't know if this counts as an entry, but had fun doing it anyway!

Title: Ghosts Just Wanna Have Fun

based on Cyndi Lauper (not scary enough?)

Freebie: Stezza's adorable ghost

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

just out of the hospital and haven't gotten anywhere. Whfats the dead line? no pun intended

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,037
    MAJourney said:

just out of the hospital and haven't gotten anywhere. Whfats the dead line? no pun intended

not set yet, hope you are OK heart

edited October 2018

Hope you are doing well, MAJourney.

My second idea.  October got me thinking of sort of a poem/song.  Maybe a little Sweeny Todd horror.

In heaven, they have no hair.

Thats why we shave it here.

And when we are all gone from here.

Our friends will be cutting all the hair.

Sort of thinking Sweeny Todd meets Oktoberfest in the Texas Hill Country.  Music is better in Spanish.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Wow! Lots of really impressive stuff. I have an idea, and I have gathered some assets, but I'm not sure I will have time. Work has been kicking my ass in both the hours and fatigue level.

Cbird said:

I don't know if this counts as an entry, but had fun doing it anyway!

Title: Ghosts Just Wanna Have Fun

based on Cyndi Lauper (not scary enough?)

Freebie: Stezza's adorable ghost

nice work cbird - good use of the freebie :)

edited October 2018

Wow! Lots of really impressive stuff. I have an idea, and I have gathered some assets, but I'm not sure I will have time. Work has been kicking my ass in both the hours and fatigue level.

excuses excuses,

you know i need  my glasses updated, I was sure that past particple in sentence four said 'licking' 

you heard that here first Evil :)

be good if you get something in

PS Ted, I am starting to get worried about you

Post edited by Headwax on

Very sweet of you.  Rendering silliness keeps me sane, well sort of. 

Am really enjoying the Library of Congress's recently released resources, "free to use and reuse."  Likely to see my avatar cycle through a variety of vintage posters from the era of the Works Progress Administration. 

https://www.loc.gov/free-to-use/

Intending to do some tribute renders until the next shiny thing captures my attention.

-----

cbird - that looks like a great entry that fits the theme and requirements. Uses a freebie (Stezza's) which is the only requirement I know of.

evilproducer - hope you get some time for an entry.  Always inspirational. 

stezza and bunyip - how are y'all going to limit yourselves to just three entries? 

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited November 2018

Hey all. I have a start by may have FUBARed myself. My idea was based on Metallica's Enter Sandman. I found a Carrara Freebie at Rendo, and decided to use that as the sandman. I wanted to make it invisible and replicate grains of sand on it. Stupid me, I tried the old replicator in a replicator trick, but it may have been too much. My other problem is that sometimes when I get in the "zone" I forget to save. Such is the case now. Not all may be lost though. My Activity Monitor shows Carrara using a significant chunk of my processor and RAM. I think I may let it run and see if it resolves itself. In the meantime, here is a test render that I had interrupted when I had my bright idea for the replicator. The top part shows the head with the sand grains, and the bottom part shows the object with its original texture.

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 7.56.12 PM.png
    2560 x 1442 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on

better to self fubar than to be fubarred by an unknown - good luck with the render - looks might fine so far 

Very sweet of you.  Rendering silliness keeps me sane, well sort of. 

Am really enjoying the Library of Congress's recently released resources, "free to use and reuse."  Likely to see my avatar cycle through a variety of vintage posters from the era of the Works Progress Administration. 

https://www.loc.gov/free-to-use/

Intending to do some tribute renders until the next shiny thing captures my attention.

-----

cbird - that looks like a great entry that fits the theme and requirements. Uses a freebie (Stezza's) which is the only requirement I know of.

evilproducer - hope you get some time for an entry.  Always inspirational. 

stezza and bunyip - how are y'all going to limit yourselves to just three entries? 

Been doing a bit of file maintenance which slowed down the renders, will be doing some NPR over the next few days.

Hey all. I have a start by may have FUBARed myself. My idea was based on Metallica's Enter Sandman. I found a Carrara Freebie at Rendo, and decided to use that as the sandman. I wanted to make it invisible and replicate grains of sand on it. Stupid me, I tried the old replicator in a replicator trick, but it may have been too much. My other problem is that sometimes when I get in the "zone" I forget to save. Such is the case now. Not all may be lost though. My Activity Monitor shows Carrara using a significant chunk of my processor and RAM. I think I may let it run and see if it resolves itself. In the meantime, here is a test render that I had interrupted when I had my bright idea for the replicator. The top part shows the head with the sand grains, and the bottom part shows the object with its original texture.

Looking great so far EP, hope it works out !!!

• Great news! I just let Carrara churn away and I was finally able to interrupt what it was doing, undo the the thing I had done with the replicators, and save my scene! Whew! Now I just need to pull extra time outta my butt to finish this!

Great news! I just let Carrara churn away and I was finally able to interrupt what it was doing, undo the the thing I had done with the replicators, and save my scene! Whew! Now I just need to pull extra time outta my butt to finish this!

That is great news, indeed!  yesyes

edited November 2018

I found a free street lamp on scharecg.  

It is by Spacebones.  Thank you, Spacebones.  https://sharecg.com/v/85088/browse/5/3D-Model/Old-Gas-Lamp

In heaven, they have no hair.

Thats why we shave it here.

And when we are all gone from here.

Our friends will be cutting all the hair.

Making a set for a stage.  Shaders are placeholders.  Barber shop over a meat pie shop?  Wonder where this could be going.  surprise

sweeny todd scene.jpg
    640 x 480 - 31K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • ed3Ded3D Posts: 2,119

ed3D - hope you are making progress

Everyone else - feel free to join in

_Thanks very much  _actually am , but kind of  slowly

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,499

Trying to drape this on G3F/Janes, but it just keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger and... *hits ESC*

https://sharecg.com/v/50445/gallery/5/3D-Model/Carrara-Dynamic-Cloth-Dress

Any idea what setting is making it do this?

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

A Daz Studio animation 2nd place entry for the renderosity.com Halloween contest 2018 https://www.renderosity.com/

Ivy - congratulations on your 2nd place finish.  I’d go on that ride again!

MAJourney - couple questions.  Are you using Carrara’s soft body physics modifier?  Or, are you using a plugin like VWD?  Have you made sure that the cloth does not intersect the figure at frame 0?

other thoughts depend on those questions. If you are using soft body attach, then bounce settings for self collision could be a problem.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164

Thanks Diomede :)